bamf

Change log 7.0.0

Just now, Jimbo! said:

should make hunters harder to get, like 10k honour or something, seeing so many of them right now..

They are new and shiny.  The novelty will wear off when people start stealing and chopping them...

Don't know if this is mentioned before - but prisoners are still wanted after coming out of jail, and charging someone with crimes on cop after they were not wanted at all does not make them appear on the wanted list. Seen on Server 1.

7 minutes ago, Dust Runner said:

Gotta say this update is probably the worst update the developers have ever intended. lmao. Like for reals lmao Bamf. *clap*

As much as you've been bitching, I intend to kidnap you too.

8 minutes ago, Dust Runner said:

Gotta say this update is probably the worst update the developers have ever intended. lmao. Like for reals lmao Bamf. *clap*

A9D1B18F091296C459B30948F06FD4C2360358E7

225CF0894A144E34BF50336CF36E20358E37D820

Nah they made bounty hunter a viable faction to be apart of.  Hopefully there will be a split playerbase between bounty hunters and rebels, more action that isn't confined to cartels and banks constantly.   

Chau, Volunteer281, Rodrigo and 2 others like this

24 minutes ago, bamf said:

There are a few current bugs we are working through, but anything you guys see that is not working would be helpful to know about.  So far:

• Exchange is not working on S1 with the performance enhancements (fixed in dev)
  • BH are getting waypoints that they should only get at Master Crusader
  • Some spam regarding vehicles being stored that needs to be cleaned up

What else are you seeing?

Pull out unconscious is bugged again. It was working fine in the first place, why mess with it?

Cop hatchback with cop driver and UC cop on back left seat. Driver respawns and comes back, UC waits for revive. Come back, there is a dead cop in driver seat as well as the UC. Pull out unconscious, the dead driver disappears and the dead UC doesn't get pulled out. Repeated pull out unconscious doesn't work. Had to manually get in back seat to pop out the dead UC for revive.

On 5/13/2016 at 6:52 PM, Bikstok said:

@Killswitchand I have been playing DayZ and really acquired a taste for human meat. Is it possible to add this feature of skinning your dead foes and cooking their meat on a camp fire?

On 5/13/2016 at 6:53 PM, Killswitch said:

Yeah and when we eat too much...we start laughing like hyenas...so please add this as well

On 5/16/2016 at 8:28 AM, bamf said:

That was something I was saving for 7.0 @Killswitch and @Bikstok.  Those maniacal laughs are tough to capture...

Promises not kept!!! :(

Bikstok, Olivia, ATF MG007 and 1 other like this

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

Let's not mention that 6.5 and 7.62 pretty much go straight through a Hunter's glass.

Cops when using Hunters "OMG THEY'RE SO SHIT"

Cops when BHs get Hunters "OMG THEY'RE SO OP FUCK THIS GAME".

Negative ghost rider on the 6.5 punching through hunters. 6.5 punches through ifrits fine though.

Everyone hated 6.0 when it first came out so I'm gonna give 7.0 some time to settle, but my gut reaction is very negative.  Can you explain what the intent was here with the BH changes?  Is it to allow BH gangs to compete with rebel gangs at cartels and turfs? 

I guess one perk is that civs will like talking to the APD more since bounty hunters are essentially now a robocop faction.

Vash, HenryHoover and BioHazard like this

Just now, Olivia said:

Can you explain what the intent was here with the BH changes?

Essentially, to get the BH game out of Kavala.

Better gear; bigger bounties.

cops cannot add charges to players

players can pay off their bounty and still have it

players can serve their time in jail and still keep their bounty

players can commit as many crimes as they want and bounty will not rise

people cannot be defibbed alot of the time

Edited by Jimbo!

2 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

^^^

9 minutes ago, Olivia said:

I guess one perk is that civs will like talking to the APD more since bounty hunters are essentially now a robocop faction.

And the APD wasn't?

Don't mean to flame or start a cops vs rebel argument but in my opinion I feel that I would get more RP out of a bounty hunter rather than a member of the APD. I might just be unlucky.

Additionally,

12 minutes ago, Olivia said:

Can you explain what the intent was here with the BH changes?  Is it to allow BH gangs to compete with rebel gangs at cartels and turfs? 

So they can actually stand a chance against people with higher bounties, of course! :) Sure, the TRG was good but it doesn't really suffice when someone is a decent distance away from you and/or is rolling in a group.

Overall, good patch. Never would have expected all this content to be added for bounty hunters, maybe I might just give it a try again.

1 minute ago, TheRealLethal said:

when dust runner gets mad about the patch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJy8eQF5xf8&feature=youtu.be

Ain't even gonna lie. Everything is subject to change but Bamf and Gnashes playing it off like it won't be a reoccurring problem in two weeks pissed me off and makes it sound like it won't change.

Honestly thinking like that and the content of this patch, very, very narrow minded indeed.

6 minutes ago, Dust Runner said:

Ain't even gonna lie. Everything is subject to change but Bamf and Gnashes playing it off like it won't be a reoccurring problem in two weeks pissed me off and makes it sound like it won't change.

Honestly thinking like that and the content of this patch, very, very narrow minded indeed.

Ironic calling someone narrow minded when the patch has been out for less than a day don't you think?

Bikstok, HapHazard, Shepurd and 6 others like this

1 minute ago, [§] Alex said:

yW5i2d5.jpg

This is a great patch and an amazing thread. MX's and the honor system is a great addition to making bounty hunting awesome. I can't wait to see some honor system added to rebels

Is that a salt mountain? :)

33 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Essentially, to get the BH game out of Kavala.

Better gear; bigger bounties.

You really mean have 1 or 2 people playing "bounty hunter" in a gang and have 3 or 4 hunters full have rebels right? I don't understand how anyone from Kavala would have a better chance of "getting bigger bounties" when most of the bigger bounties are from bigger gangs. So not only do Rebels have Ifrits, 7.62, they now have MX's and Hunters. More nightmares for the APD. Might as well just give the APD PO7's at this point.

BioHazard likes this

I get the reasoning for being upset all around.

But just give it a week or two and see where it is. Remember, it is brand new so many people are running to go see what it is about. Most of the time, when things are new, it dies out in a week or two. 

I am just more upset about @bamf lying to us about becoming cannibals! :angry:

Olivia and Tiger like this

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I'm really surprised that it's cops that are complaining about the patch and not rebels.  Rebels will be muuuuuuuch more effected.

Kind of........

Depends on what group is playing the BHs

Olivia likes this

47 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

Is this on S1?  Trying to see if it is related to the performance increase portion of the patch. 

It really never fails, there's always at least one Diva who thinks the server, and the world, revolves around them only.

Let me get my bowl of both herb and popcorn ready. If T doesn't close Trunk now then I'm raging too.

Edited by Furnie Mack

5 minutes ago, Feenix said:

Not gonna be playing till asylum is fixed. Dont feel like rolling up to a cartel and hunters are everywhere.

They are the same price as an Ifrit. I'm not sure why that would keep you from playing. Win the cartel, chop the Hunter, profit. 

Bikstok, Assert, Roberino and 6 others like this

Just now, bamf said:

They are the same price as an Ifrit. I'm not sure why that would keep you from playing. Win the cartel, chop the Hunter, profit. 

Not to mention ifrits are better.

Ifrit = 5 seats v 4 seats

Ifrit = 2 smokes v 0 smokes

Ifrit = Stronger tires v cop-worthy tires

Tiger and Bikstok like this

7 minutes ago, Feenix said:

Not gonna be playing till asylum is fixed. Dont feel like rolling up to a cartel and hunters are everywhere.

yeah I'm not gonna be playing until its fixed too, Don't feel like seeing mraps at a cartel, fuck that shit

Tiger and Feenix like this

1 minute ago, Jimbo! said:

yeah I'm not gonna be playing until its fixed too, Don't feel like seeing mraps at a cartel, fuck that shit

Cartel rules:

• Never set up to defend a cartel you already own
  • Grenades are not allowed
  • Suicide vests or speed bombs are not allowed
  • Flanking is not allowed
  • Dropping behind in ifrits is not allowed

@OLL13 taught me those.

Edited by Bikstok
OLL13, Jimbo, Assert and 4 others like this

Just now, Bikstok said:

Cartel rules:

• Never set up to defend a cartel you already own