Change log 7.0.0

bamf

1 minute ago, Vanilla Coke said:

time to go play cadet and get kidnapped by civ's with better guns roleplay than me les go duuuuude

will be on server 1 flying around in some guys orca restrained pce

I want Cadets to go back to having a P07 and a fucking Quadbike.

Those were fun times.

2 minutes ago, Das Otter said:

log in with 23k bounty. instantly initiated on by a bounty hunter with rebel weaponry.  Yeah I can see you guys really thought this one through.

7.0 and no changes except to bounty hunters, a branch of the game that didn't really need anything done to it.

Cops and rebels get 2 much attention. Mostly every new player who joins Asylum ends up trying out bounty hunting at some point.

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this
1 minute ago, What zit tooya said:

Cops and rebels get 2 much attention. Mostly every new player who joins Asylum ends up trying out bounty hunting at some point.

that's because including civilians as well, those are the 2 factions of the game. Bounty hunters where more of a side faction. Now that they are a strong and popular faction of their own, it tips the balance of equilibrium (as close as we could come to that anyways)

Mosin Nagant likes this

I think the change to bounty hunter is awesome, now it is as viable as rebel or cop. But I can see why all the tears from rebel or cop, rebels actually will have a constant threat of bounty hunters that are actually geared to stand a chance and do not have all the rules of the apd which makes being a rebel a lot more of a risk, and then you have the apd that is worried about not making any money because the good bounty hunters are going to be slamming that wanted list real short.. which is good, maybe the cops will start wanting to rp again instead of just playing cop to make money.

Professor Pericles and ryno7 like this

Cops will continue playing. Bounty hunting is still going to be way more expensive compared to cop. The vast majority of people complaining don't have the organisational skills to set up anything remotely resembling the APD. You play cop because you don't have 10 other friends available any time you want to play. Or perhaps you just enjoy the RP?! You will certainly get more of it with Synergy constantly kidnapping you!

2 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Cops will continue playing. Bounty hunting is still going to be way more expensive compared to cop. The vast majority of people complaining don't have the organisational skills to set up anything remotely resembling the APD. You play cop because you don't have 10 other friends available any time you want to play. Or perhaps you just enjoy the RP?! You will certainly get more of it with Synergy constantly kidnapping you!

Or I can just go make a sandwich, alt-tab, and masturbate for 10 minutes. 

Shoutout to Durga for telling us we don't have to roleplay when being kidnapped. 

Edited by epTic
Olivia, bryan., HomeTrlx and 4 others like this

Since bounty hunter is such a big part of the game now, can we talk about the license being either less expensive or a last resort to being removed. Leave it to asylum cops to start shooting at you because you are in an active firefight with your bounty, another reason why bounty hunter faction never succeeded was because cops would send you straight to jail because they got caught up in a fight that didn't involve them and would start shooting people with out any knowledge of what is going on.

I'm testing HF1 for 7.0 now.  Doing a few quick fixes to get us through the night:  

• Removing karaoke to fix the crashing issue. 
  • Changing the map marker for BH circles to be for Master Crusader as intended
  • Removing ability to turn yourself in while on parole
  • Fix for Asylum Exchange while the headless client is active

I'm also going to turn off the headless client for the night on S1.  We have a few issues to tweak tomorrow related to that before turning it back on.  

DivineTimes likes this
1 minute ago, bamf said:

I'm testing HF1 for 7.0 now.  Doing a few quick fixes to get us through the night:  

• Removing karaoke to fix the crashing issue. 
  • Changing the map marker for BH circles to be for Master Crusader as intended
  • Removing ability to turn yourself in while on parole
  • Fix for Asylum Exchange while the headless client is active

I'm also going to turn off the headless client for the night on S1.  We have a few issues to tweak tomorrow related to that before turning it back on.  

thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :wub:

Edited by Mahdizzle
1 minute ago, Pentax said:

Offloads server cpu usage from the AI and etc.

Mostly this.  What we're trying to do though is "fix" the fact that Bohemia refuses to step into the 2000's and make 64 bit server code.  We are limited to a very small amount of RAM etc by the server.exe being 32 bit.  With the headless client, we've offloaded all the "scripting" that the server does to a secondary process which in theory will allow the server.exe to only have to keep track of where players are on the map (and other physics things like shooting etc). Our hope is that this will let us put a ton more players into the map.  

It required re-doing 100's of functions in the game though, so we're working through the little things that were very difficult to test without it being on a full server type scale.   

Furnie Mack and Olivia like this
9 minutes ago, bamf said:

Mostly this.  What we're trying to do though is "fix" the fact that Bohemia refuses to step into the 2000's and make 64 bit server code.  We are limited to a very small amount of RAM etc by the server.exe being 32 bit.  With the headless client, we've offloaded all the "scripting" that the server does to a secondary process which in theory will allow the server.exe to only have to keep track of where players are on the map (and other physics things like shooting etc). Our hope is that this will let us put a ton more players into the map.  

It required re-doing 100's of functions in the game though, so we're working through the little things that were very difficult to test without it being on a full server type scale.   

if only you were Dev when I played

3 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

Took 6 months playing as cop to become SGT and get an MXM, hunter, and orca(which are still shit compared to rebel loadouts)....   But now apparently, bounty hunters are basically sergeants? Give cops 7.62 for fucks sake, or keep MX's as fucking cop weapons, jesus christ, haven't seen an update this OP towards civ in a LONG TIME.

The entitlement is real.  Why should we all be limited to what is in our arsenal because you managed to successfully play APD polictics?  Rebels still have some of the best weaponry so this isn't a huge civ buff.  And like it's already been said, people aren't going to be driving around in hunters freely once their shit starts getting chopped.  Give the patch a week or two before you basically start saying "bounty hunters are stealing muh bounties, muh paycheck sucks now"

Spencer and SharingWriter like this
Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

The entitlement is real.  Why should we all be limited to what is in our arsenal because you managed to successfully play APD polictics?  Rebels still have some of the best weaponry so this isn't a huge civ buff.  And like it's already been said, people aren't going to be driving around in hunters freely once their shit starts getting chopped.  Give the patch a week or two before you basically start saying "bounty hunters are stealing muh bounties, muh paycheck sucks now"

LOL WAT?

It's not a huge civ buff FOR REBELS, yah, bounty hunters being equal to cops isn't a huge buff when YOU'RE A REBEL....

what the fuck are you smoking? Bounty hunters are basically sergeants who can do whatever the fuck they want...

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett
Just now, Jaylen Sarrett said:

LOL WAT?

It's not a huge civ buff FOR REBELS

what the fuck are you smoking? Bounty hunters are basically sergeants who can do whatever the fuck they want...

Okay.

Before patch I could be a rebel and have an MK1, an ifrit ( Better than a hunter if you don't already know ) orca and plate carriers.  Now bounty hunters get some of that.  Big fucking deal, that's making an issue out of nothing.