Change log 7.3.0

bamf

I'd love to have these put back into the game from back in the day, just as a normal rebel clothing everyone can buy from rebel. They don't have much more armour than the Combat Fatigues (MTP) and I personally love the look of the AAF Pilot Coveralls. f78a0cabcace47a9b42c96a54351fade.png220e14b6e2b637b582d7fe37be9c4e3d.gif

Edited by Meow
Kuklinski likes this
52 minutes ago, bamf said:

We added skins to the game that you can donate for.

You added items that give you a Advantage. People who pay for more keys to unlock these items will have a advantage over people who have not. What is wrong with you guys not wanting to add in a solid donation system that doesn't break ToS yet you always try to find a loophole to avoid it.

If this carries on, I'm seriously worried for the server and donations, I wouldn't be surprised if you lot are struggling with donations now. It's not only become a serious issue, it's actually become a joke at this point from your ends. This new system will do what, maybe keep the server going for another month until Bohemia shut it down again and you'll be back to square one. 

Give this a read, seriously.

Kettles likes this
1 minute ago, Haych said:

You added items that give you a Advantage. People who pay for more keys to unlock these items will have a advantage over people who have not. What is wrong with you guys not wanting to add in a solid donation system that doesn't break ToS yet you always try to find a loophole to avoid it.

If this carries on, I'm seriously worried for the server and donations, I wouldn't be surprised if you lot are struggling with donations now. It's not only become a serious issue, it's actually become a joke at this point from your ends. This new system will do what, maybe keep the server going for another month until Bohemia shut it down again and you'll be back to square one. 

Give this a read, seriously.

There are no real advantages to be had. The system exists for cosmetics. The helmets all have the same armor value as other helmets any civilian can get already, and there's even another for civilians with Apex's release (skate helmet).  As we've said a dozen times now, you won't be able to wear the heaviest vest with CSAT clothing, which will bring armor levels in sync. We've done testing in this to ensure it's fair.

2 minutes ago, Paratus said:

There are no real advantages to be had. The system exists for cosmetics. The helmets all have the same armor value as other helmets any civilian can get already, and there's even another for civilians with Apex's release (skate helmet).  As we've said a dozen times now, you won't be able to wear the heaviest vest with CSAT clothing, which will bring armor levels in sync. We've done testing in this to ensure it's fair.

Or you could release all the items people have already payed for by buying Arma 3 (CSAT Clothing etc..) instead of putting them behind a pay wall and actually put some time and effort into proper cosmetics such vehicle skins. The lootbox concept is cool if only it didn't provide items that give you a significant advantage.

You do realise CSAT clothing doesn't just provide chest armour? Seems like you haven't done enough testing. Someone wearing CSAT clothing has the ability to sponge a 7.62 to the upper thigh, or to the arm region, where as someone who isn't wearing them will instantly die. Thats the difference in getting 1 tapped to the thigh or surviving it because you payed for something. Not to mention the script put in place for the vest and clothing doesn't even work.

Bob Jill., HerpLeDerp and Kettles like this
8 minutes ago, Paratus said:

while testing, if you wear mpt fatigues with a carrier lite you can take 2 chest shots or 1 below waist shot.

While wearing pilot coveralls/csat ghillie, you can take 2 chest shots and 2 below waist shots, meaning you can survive 1 extra bullet to the leg and it could be the difference between life and death, so no. its not only cosmetics, please do research before adding stuff like this. go into the fucking game and check out how many bullets you can take before you die with each piece of clothing.

EDIT: To mention what @Haych said you can also still fucking wear pilot w/ carrier, so fix the script, and remove csat or give it to everyone, it may not be a huge difference when it comes to shots not in the chest but it does matter between life and death.

Edited by Churu
Kettles likes this

To hell with the armor levels.

The only thing truly pay to win about this patch is that those who pay real money will look (based on the helmets alone) 50x cooler than the rest of us.

It's demoralizing going into battle looking worse than your opponent.

In what world does a police officer respond to a bank robbery wearing a fuckin' snap-back. Don't give me shit about skate helmets, either. People assume well enough I have down's as it is, don't make me wear that excuse for a helmet for an equal advantage.

20 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Whoever has been testing the advantages hasn't been throughout enough.

Light Combat Helmets have more ballistic protection than the racing helmets. This is clearly visible in the arsenal. In testing, the combat helmet will absorb one extra 5.56 bullet compared to the existing helmets (racing).

CSAT clothing provides a lot of extra armor. Even while only wearing a tactical vest you still take an extra MX 6.65 bullet in the chest compared to wearing standard clothing and a Carrier Lite. You can also absorb an extra bullet in otherwise vulnerable areas such as the legs.

I'm all for supporting the servers with donations, but I don't think you can argue that CSAT and helmets definitely provide an additional advantage.

** Whether it violates BIS' terms, I have no idea. I'm just happy I have pilot coveralls back, and the servers are making enough money to run! <3

Edited by Bikstok
Churu, g1ant, Isaac and 2 others like this

Our concerns are for the greater good of this server, and at this point you are milking the fact that people will pay a lot of money to get these items because they clearly give you a significant advantage. As I said before, this will carry on what, a couple days/weeks, you will make enough money to go on for a couple months, but what happens when Bohemia shuts it down again? you are back to square one. Think it through and add in a solid donation system.

You have violated the ToS a handful of times already, are you not worried that Bohemia will say, enough is enough and actually shut us down for good?

Edited by Haych
1 minute ago, Haych said:

Our concerns are for the greater good of this server, and at this point you are milking the fact that people will pay a lot of money to get these items because they clearly give you a significant advantage. As I said before, this will carry on what, a couple days/weeks, you will make enough money to go on for a couple months, but what happens when Bohemia shuts it down again? you are back to square one. Think it through and add in a solid donation system.

You have violated the ToS a handful of times already, are you not worried that Bohemia will say, enough is enough and actually shut us down for good?

Yo, idk what your reading comprehension teacher taught you its all balanced reskinned items thye skate helmet race helemets and light combat helmets are all the same ballistic protection stop being a debbie downer and learn to read.

Cop coveralls look cool, good on whoever made them.

But for reals. Lmao.

Ay I mean, your making good progress towards having a good system that doesn't violate BI's ToS. Guess we're just children again having to try every loophole around something until we either get away with it, (not gonna happen) or learn the hard way.

GL. :rolleyes:

GH05T likes this

@bamf, can i buy keys to get the bank moved on Tanoa, prison more fortified so its not one sided and finally the shittest most useless space Skip-tracer removed from Tanoa and made into a sweet federal reserve. NOW thats what i would buy keys for, so Bamf can buy some scotch (IRL) to stay up late and make these designs in EDEN editor. 

think you need to add csat hex recon  fatigues to the standard rebel store and then these pilot coveralls etc can be rare items you win in the loot crates

that would be a much fairer thing for everyone and this then opens the door for all the clothing outfits because there'll be no advantage over what is in the stores other than cosmetics

Edited by warl0ck
Big Bird, Bob Jill., Kettles and 1 other like this
18 minutes ago, warl0ck said:

should 100% put the

aaf and csat wetsuits and survival fatigues though

Just shows that they know they'd be making big big money by adding items that give you a advantage and not for cosmetic reasons or they would of added these items instead. 

Edited by Haych
6 hours ago, Paratus said:

It's not done to profit, it's done to at least bring in enough money to run the servers. Since Bohemia's rules I've been keeping our servers up out of my own pocket, and we're talking well over a thousand dollars each month. So, yeah, we have to get creative in ways to pay the bills!

Now, THAT SAID, the CSAT clothes are expensive to purchase after you've unlocked them, and you're not supposed to be able to wear the carrier lites with them. May need to check that if it's not applying.

Set some better rule policies in place to keep the toxic fucks that run all the non-toxic players away and you'd likely see some real benefits from it. 

Ban Inc

Edited by Furnie Mack

Should have just kept the cases to skins.  Ifrit skins, hunter skins, heli skins, w/e.. people would have still tried to get them.    Also everyone who buys crates now is missing out on future items they're going to add to the crates as said previously and will be pissed off when they give everyone the coveralls anyways because of their advantage.

The only reason the coveralls are expensive to purchase in game even after you've unlocked them is because they give an advantage.  If it was TRULY cosmetic they'd be as cheap as all the other clothing.

Edited by Zeffy
Feenix and Sheriff Rick Grimes like this
35 minutes ago, Zeffy said:

Should have just kept the cases to skins.  Ifrit skins, hunter skins, heli skins, w/e.. people would have still tried to get them.   I won't buy a damn crate though because my previous $250 was essentially thrown out the window.  Also everyone who buys crates now is missing out on future items they're going to add to the crates as said previously and will be pissed off when they give everyone the coveralls anyways because of their advantage.

The only reason the coveralls are expensive to purchase in game even after you've unlocked them is because they give an advantage.  If it was TRULY cosmetic they'd be as cheap as all the other clothing.

You're right, they're priced appropriately given their armor, but the system is not working fully as intended now and will be fixed with a hotfix tomorrow.

Given the focus of Asylum for almost 2 years now I would hope you guys would see I'm not going to implement p2w features.

Olivia and Beifang Ming like this