Change Log 7.4.0

Paratus

6 hours ago, speed said:

Paratus made the new nametag system to increase performance, not to look pretty. Once he's happy with it, I can look into making the same styling changes I made last week.

But considering the performance issues as of late, that takes priority.

Oh I see, thanks for letting us know

6 hours ago, Legit said:

I have noticed skins on vehicles randomly not loading for random people (People will see cop/medic vehicles without their skin just basic colours). 

This is a common issue when skins are exported into the mission file as JPEG rather than .PAA. Most of Asylums textures can be optimised to work well with .PAA without taking up too much space because they are flat colours, but the more advanced skins such as most police textures (props to who ever made them) will simply take up too much space if converted. I can give them a go though.

11 hours ago, Haych said:

Can we get some sort of announcement to know what is happening or Asylums plans to deal with the DDoS (if we can call it that at this point). 

There isn't a whole lot that can be done about ddos, especially for a game server. Asylum already has fairly decent ddos protection (as far as game servers go), but there's not really a way to just "eliminate" it. It's unfortunately something we just kind of have to live with.

With that said, I think a lot of the recent performance complaints are related to the mission itself, and that is definitely being worked on.

Haych and explicit like this
17 minutes ago, speed said:

There isn't a whole lot that can be done about ddos, especially for a game server. Asylum already has fairly decent ddos protection (as far as game servers go), but there's not really a way to just "eliminate" it. It's unfortunately something we just kind of have to live with.

With that said, I think a lot of the recent performance complaints are related to the mission itself, and that is definitely being worked on.

If you can Fix scrollwheel fps drops, ill forgive you for falsely banning me 3 years ago

Edited by TheRealLethal
speed, Buddy™, explicit and 2 others like this
1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

Ehh, I was a little off.

Dedup'd and did some tidy up and came out with the following.

Exploiting 1614
RDM 204
Combat Logging 396
VDM 125
Memhack 481
Scripting 2596
Racism 106
3rd Party Apps 36
Solicitation 52
Harassment 18
Cancer 5
Admin Impersonation 6
BABS Re-Bans 217
Other (Typos/temp/etc) 86
Total GUID Bans 5942

What does The GUID bans stand for?

2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Ehh, I was a little off.

Dedup'd and did some tidy up and came out with the following.

Exploiting 1614
RDM 204
Combat Logging 396
VDM 125
Memhack 481
Scripting 2596
Racism 106
3rd Party Apps 36
Solicitation 52
Harassment 18
Cancer 5
Admin Impersonation 6
BABS Re-Bans 217
Other (Typos/temp/etc) 86
Total GUID Bans 5942

I'd like to know the 5 cancer Bann names I'm pretty sure I can guess one of them .

Cheech'nChong likes this
1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

SG1 Spamming/Cancer Perm (Wrex)

Billy The Kid Cancer PERM™ (Dante)

Forecast cancer perm (hammerlock)

TheBoyRU Cancer PERM (Gnash)

So really 4. But I'm too lazy to account for all inconsistencies in my tidying up conventions.

Well rip not who I thought was on there . 

@Paratuswill the developers ever create a chart with upcoming content/ideas for the future. If not could you please explain why. Also I understand it is your choice if you do not want to announce how much asylum costs monthly, but why not put somewhere on the forums categorizing what cost what and showing the percentages of them paid off. I think if you were more open to the community they would donate more and you would receive more positive feedback. 

3 hours ago, Feenix said:

make a donation chart or progress bar that we have to reach.

Also let us know when not enough donations are coming in. You kept us in the dark only to come out and say "I've been paying out of my own pocket" A small announcement is enough to get people to donate, wether they get something in return or not.

Also did the server not have any backup funds for a rainy day from months donations where good? Or is all extra money going into Identity? 

8 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Cancer.ahk Ban Evade PERM (Beenie)

So really 4. But I'm too lazy to account for all inconsistencies in my tidying up conventions.

Can I be number 5 pretty please?

War rating system should definitely be considered for a change, having 2,000+ points and getting 30+ points for a war kill on someone with 100 points shouldn't happen, ever, especially when they get ~15 for killing me..

Also, I've asked this many times before but received no answer, what is vicory ranking and how does one get victory points? @Paratus

Edited by Jimbo!
20 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Cancer.ahk Ban Evade PERM (Beenie)

Billy the kid lul, couldnt have happened to a nicer person.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

War rating system should definitely be considered for a change, having 2,000+ points and getting 30+ points for a war kill on someone with 100 points shouldn't happen, ever, especially when they get ~15 for killing me..

Also, I've asked this many times before but received no answer, what is vicory ranking and how does one get victory points? @Paratus

You get a victory point at the end of a season if you're in the top 20 for that season. First place is 20 points, 20th place is 1 point.