Change Log 6.6.5

Paratus

On 2/20/2016 at 3:58 AM, Ranger said:

While I wouldn't mind a 1st person only server, it is kinda bleh at times for big open world games.  Honestly I would love the removal of the 3rd person cross hair.  Make it harder to line up shots and peak shoot and make it so people aren't 3rd person spraying down from 100m out.

Would bring more 1st person combat without some of the more annoying limiting factors.

Third person crosshairs are a little bit of a problem.  It does a lot of the aiming for you, kinda ridiculous.

I have a couple questions for the admins.

First of all, will you create a new server or run it on server 5? I think a number of people don't give a shit but it would be unfair to a part of the population if they do.

Second of all, for the mods where will we be able to download them? Could paratus be able to make something where it automatically downloads the mods in the mission file?

Also, will the money transfer from server to server?

Overall, I think people just want diversity in guns, vehicles and clothing. Keep in mind that for weapons, they need to balanced.

59 minutes ago, HapHazard said:

would love to see the removal of Crosshairs while in 3rd Person. Played on a KOTH server like that and its gamechanging.

Heck no. I'm still a beast with no crosshair Spray 3rd person, ive played many hours. Give noobs no crosshair, they won't know how to aim and will die so much more.

Edited by Kryptonn
explicit likes this
41 minutes ago, Bersabee said:

Second of all, for the mods where will we be able to download them? Could paratus be able to make something where it automatically downloads the mods in the mission file?

The Arma 3 Launcher has support for modpacks that are on steam. As far as I'm aware this is what's going to be used and it should be as simple as one click and wait to download all of the mods.

And as for the mission file, I'm not so sure. I don't see that being possible, and even if it was in the mission file it would have to be mods that would require a tiny amount of space ie a few megabytes, instead of maps, vehicles and weapons packs which can be gigabytes in size.

Edited by BioHazard_
Bersabee likes this

One quick Important question @Paratus@bamf

Does Asylum run off its own Framework or the default one? 

If its on Tonics, to my understanding you are not allowed to use it on non official Arma maps as it goes against the terms and conditions, I had some friends run into this issue a while ago. Would this be a issue for us? I'm guessing you boys know your way around it.

Altis-Life RPG Framework is only allowed to be used with the Arma 3 vanilla maps with no extensions or mods (with the exception of server sided mods, and direct permission from author).

All edits made inside the framework is fine as long as it stays in the vanilla maps that Bohemia Interactive has released, past, present and future.

3 hours ago, Haych said:

One quick Important question @Paratus@bamf

Does Asylum run off its own Framework or the default one? 

If its on Tonics, to my understanding you are not allowed to use it on non official Arma maps as it goes against the terms and conditions, I had some friends run into this issue a while ago. Would this be a issue for us? I'm guessing you boys know your way around it.

Altis-Life RPG Framework is only allowed to be used with the Arma 3 vanilla maps with no extensions or mods (with the exception of server sided mods, and direct permission from author).

All edits made inside the framework is fine as long as it stays in the vanilla maps that Bohemia Interactive has released, past, present and future.

I would assume Asylum runs of it's own framework because in the Multiplayer server tab, Asylum has their own gamemode, listed as Asylum Altis Life. So it's possible that they might run off of Altis-Life Framework, but I doubt it heavily.

On February 19, 2016 at 3:31 PM, Olivia said:

Female models incoming...? 

If that does happen I'm sticking to the male model unless the female models get whitelisted haha (thanks Hotwings for the idea).  Otherwise it's gonna be 90% dudes inside those bodies.

*Foreshadow girl role playing intensifying*

Having to get an interview to be the female model would be pretty funny

Olivia and Capt Pepper like this
17 hours ago, Patrick James said:

I would assume Asylum runs of it's own framework because in the Multiplayer server tab, Asylum has their own gamemode, listed as Asylum Altis Life. So it's possible that they might run off of Altis-Life Framework, but I doubt it heavily.

No, Paratus is using Tonic's framework, which he has obviously modified over the now years. Hence why a lot of files still say Author: Bryan "Tonic" Boardwhatever... Also, tons of people run it on other missions anyways, since the Arma 3 community is full of scrubs. So whatever really I guess. It'll just be another group using Tonic's work how they please. It's not like Tonic will do anything and doubt Paratus cares. The Arma 3 development community has turned into every "developer" just ripping code from somewhere...

On 2/19/2016 at 4:00 PM, Paratus said:

This is a pretty sad patch. Granted, the couple features might be useful but it's a very small update. The reason for this is that we spent time this week exploring a modded server, now that Arma's launcher makes installing mods a bit easier.

Next week you will most likely see our first modded server. To start, it's not going to be very different from regular Asylum servers in terms of gameplay, but it will feature new guns, new vehicles, and more. It may even be on a whole new landmass.

• A new phone call option has been added for calling 911. This will initiate a phone call with the current 911 dispatcher.
  • The police dispatcher can now assign waypoints to all police officers. This will add a marker on their map as well as on their HUD.

@Paratus, I know its a long shot. But by any chance would it be lakeside?