Change log 8.1.7

bamf

1 hour ago, Chow Mein said:

Can you fix bank side ladder? When you climb it you cant be seen you disappear until you get to the very top.

Sure, pretty sure I know what would cause that.

Also i've been hard at work with the log situation still, wrote a c# app to sift through some network logs and help pinpoint times of weird server behavior.

IdovS1c.png

Still got lots of different log stuff to look at and possibly graph. We'll also be adding significantly more server logs at some point to really let us know whats running exactly when these spikes and weird behavior happens.

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Also i've been hard at work with the log situation still, wrote a c# app to sift through some network logs and help pinpoint times of weird server behavior.

IdovS1c.png

Still got lots of different log stuff to look at and possibly graph. We'll also be adding significantly more server logs at some point to really let us know whats running exactly when these spikes and weird behavior happens.

Yah, you could do all that, but i'm pretty sure its just the group system maxing out ... just a guess

Edited by Pizza Man
15 hours ago, Poseidon said:

I'll take a look at the group system, however pretty sure there is already cleanup for empty groups which would likely prevent that issue.

288 is the limit per side, with 95 to 100 players and none of the created groups actually do delete, probably fucked:

• when you are in no group, you are technically in a group of your own
  • all AI/Frozen units such as gas station, drug runner, medical all have their own groups, whome are side civilian
  • All the created groups are still there that players are not in, likely including gang groups that were created

By moving all of the AI/Frozen units from side civilian to side opfor would open more slots for the civilian side, and cleaning up the created groups would stop the connecting of players looking for a group, then arma realizing that there is no more room, and you get put in a random group or gang group that you never joined, simply because the limit maxed out

there is no "cleanup"

Edited by Pizza Man
Sikorsky and Steve like this
Just now, Pizza Man said:

288 is the limit, with 95 to 100 players and none of the created groups actually do delete, probably fucked.

Seeing as when you make a group you and then everyone leaves it you can't create a group with the same name, cause it is still there.

there is no "cleanup"

Yea you might be right, i did a quick check and didn't see a group cleanup so wouldn't hurt to add one. However there may already be one and just didn't see it right now. That wouldn't explain why it happens with only 30 players tho.

Twinkie, Steve and Danne like this
On 2018-08-09 at 10:04 PM, Poseidon said:

IdovS1c.png

If ur eastern USA time or whatever its called i guess for me its 2-3AM minus 6 hours when shit happens to the server usually

On 8/4/2018 at 1:22 PM, bamf said:

Nope, @Poseidon is still working on the rebel stuff.  Hopefully he'll have something for us to start testing today though.  

Full disclosure though, if it's not far enough along then it will be next weekend at the earliest that it comes out.  I'm going on vacation and I don't want to release anything major while out of town.  Too much wife agro if I have to get online and do stuff from the pool...

It has been a full week, any info?

Fried Rice and Masonn like this
5 hours ago, Jamal said:

It has been a full week, any info?

46 minutes ago, Azeh said:

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth (PC) – August 14

If we don't see the update before then, we may never see it.. 

I was on vacation this last week, but I'm back now.  @Poseidon was somewhat busy this week, but hopefully has made some progress.  I should know more once i get to a PC and actually talk to people tonight.  

Twinkie and Azeh like this
Just now, bamf said:

I was on vacation this last week, but I'm back now.  @Poseidon was somewhat busy this week, but hopefully has made some progress.  I should know more once i get to a PC and actually talk to people tonight.  

Summer is ending and people are beginning to lose interest in the game and begin starting their typical work and school schedules. I would hate to see amazing work from dedicated developers go to waste just because of the time it came out.

DeepHouse, Fried Rice and Kas like this
2 hours ago, Jamal said:

Summer is ending and people are beginning to lose interest in the game and begin starting their typical work and school schedules. I would hate to see amazing work from dedicated developers go to waste just because of the time it came out.

im guessing there is a massive player count drop during school season?

1 hour ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

@Poseidon

I'm sure you're working on it already, but I had that issue again where I had to relog at a cartel in order to cap it. (I had gang perks, so I was recognized by the server as being in a gang)

Also, when cartel is capped, only 1 person of the bunch gets the war points.

Guess the servers just dont like you.

cHIP oTLE likes this
18 hours ago, cHIP ōTLE said:

@Poseidon

I'm sure you're working on it already, but I had that issue again where I had to relog at a cartel in order to cap it. (I had gang perks, so I was recognized by the server as being in a gang)

Also, when cartel is capped, only 1 person of the bunch gets the war points.

I'm aware of the cartel issue and working on it.

Samperino, massi, Twinkie and 1 other like this
Just now, TylerB said:

Any ETA on the rebel tree?

ASAP (Later this week). There should be an update rolling out tonight with more fixes, and attempts at fixing server instability. I've fixed the majority of the issues I'm aware of with my systems and now I gotta finish rebel tree.

I've finished that update and given changelogs/info the gnashes/bamf so it's just a matter of time.

Edited by Poseidon
Kev 23, Batcan, Good Lub and 10 others like this
Just now, Poseidon said:

ASAP (Later this week). There should be an update rolling out tonight with more fixes, and attempts at fixing server instability. I've fixed the majority of the issues I'm aware of with my systems and now I gotta finish rebel tree.

I've finished that update and given changelogs/info the gnashes/bamf so it's just a matter of time.

Savior of the year 

31 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

when is that rebel tree gonna be finished?

57 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Is there anything you can do to fix the clothing bug? (Clothing/Vests not showing so you have to relog or "tap" the clothing store)

Also gang group has been broken since I started playing on the servers. Random people can glitch in to gang group, if you join a group you have to relog to rejoin gang group, sometimes people glitch out. Its honestly a mess so anything you can do to make it worth using would be nice.

Edited by TryHardSqueaker
4 minutes ago, TryHardSqueaker said:

Is there anything you can do to fix the clothing bug? (Clothing/Vests not showing so you have to relog or "tap" the clothing store)

Also gang group has been broken since I started playing on the servers. Random people can glitch in to gang group, if you join a group you have to relog to rejoin gang group, sometimes people glitch out. Its honestly a mess so anything you can do to make it worth using would be nice.

Sounds like a weird bug, when I coded my system for olympus it was basically called a default gang group, you would get put in it on server join, leave it when you make a new group, and get put back in it if you disband that new group. As for clothing not sure.

The cleanup for groups could help prevent random people joining your group possibly, so maybe this update will improve that aspect.

Just now, Poseidon said:

Sounds like a weird bug, when I coded my system for olympus it was basically called a default gang group, you would get put in it on server join, leave it when you make a new group, and get put back in it if you disband that new group. As for clothing not sure.

The cleanup for groups could help prevent random people joining your group possibly, so maybe this update will improve that aspect.

Well, I know that whenever you invite someone to the gang they have to relog to join the gang group so Im guessing the server will only put you into the gang group when you connect and there is no way to rejoin it besides relogging.