New myAsylum Statistics

Boonie Hat

1 hour ago, ColtonB205 said:

Previously there was a 5K threshold for an arrest/lethal to count in the database. I am asking are they counted like they were previously or are they now seperate?

AFAIK, any lethal/arrest should count. I'll be investigating some of the stats stuff to ensure we're recording them properly. As some stats like War rating and such aren't being utilized right now. However, we're displaying them. This could be the case for some other stuff.

1 hour ago, Nicolas March said:

87a83d8325bb1410bb2912ba334abe48.png

This seems to be the honor not currently being used, should be how much you have in total

There is no "how much in total", merely what is available. As when you convert it to honor talents, the honor gets subtracted from the available balance. Flaws of the honor system & infamy system... There isn't an "easy" way for us to track total as far as honor talents + available honor.

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

There is no "how much in total", merely what is available. As when you convert it to honor talents, the honor gets subtracted from the available balance. Flaws of the honor system & infamy system... There isn't an "easy" way for us to track total as far as honor talents + available honor.

Subtract the honor during run-time, only save their total to database. This allows you to manipulate talents without ever having to worry about losing data.

26 minutes ago, Pizza Man said:

Subtract the honor during run-time, only save their total to database. This allows you to manipulate talents without ever having to worry about losing data.

Ummm. You may want to word this better if you mean something different...
Subtract the honor during run-time <- We already do this.... It's not like it happens when the player is offline???

Player has 150k honor available to use... They connect...
They use 50k honor to learn talents...
*** we have to sync that to be 100k, otherwise if they just leave and reconnect they'll have 150k to spend again... 
We'd have to make another column for this to work how you're suggesting.. Unless I'm not understanding you.

14 minutes ago, Farmer Steve said:

Pizza man for dev

Nah we're good.

Just now, Jesse said:

Subtract the honor during run-time <- We already do this.... It's not like it happens when the player is offline???

Player has 150k honor available to use... They connect...
They use 50k honor to learn talents...
*** we have to sync that to be 100k, otherwise if they just leave and reconnect they'll have 150k to spend again... 
We'd have to make another column for this...

No, I worded it exactly as I meant to. No additional columns...
Anytime you look to spend honor you fetch your remaining honor, and when gaining honor just add it to life_honor and update database.

// fn_config_honorTalents.sqf
[	

// id, title, honor cost
	[0, "Talent One", 1000],
	[1, "Talent Two", 1250],
	[2, "Talent Three", 1500],
	[3, "Talent Four", 1750]
];

// fn_getRemainingHonor.sqf
// PROOF OF CONCEPT

// Start with total honor in database
private _remainingHonor = life_honor;

// Calculate remaining honor based on current talents (only talents that are in config and player list are calculated)
{_remainingHonor = _remainingHonor - (_x select 2)} forEach ((call life_fnc_config_honor) select {(_x select 0) in life_honor_talents});

// Should never be negative regardless (safeguard)
_remainingHonor = _remainingHonor max 0;

// Return
_remainingHonor;
// Proof of concept, reverse of above

How to convert current data into honor total (tutorial):
1) grab player id, current honor, and honor talents from database
2) run the honor talents through config and add the current cost from config back to current honor. (aka refund)
3) update current honor and wipe honor talents in database (they can rebuy talents with refunded honor)
4) update arma server

# python is used for manipulating data, use python
https://www.w3schools.com/python/python_mysql_getstarted.asp

# python list
honor_talent_config = [

# id, title, honor cost
    (0, "Talent One", 1000),
    (1, "Talent Two", 1250),
    (2, "Talent Three", 1500),
    (3, "Talent Four", 1750)
]

8 minutes ago, Pizza Man said:

No, I worded it exactly as I meant to. No additional columns...
Anytime you look to spend honor you fetch your remaining honor, and when gaining honor just add it to life_honor and update database.

// Calculate remaining honor based on current talents (only talents that are in config and player list are calculated

Is the part that was not apparent. I get what you meant now. --> Subtract the honor during run-time
Having that worded to imply subtracting the honor talents value total would've made that more clear I guess.. 

Pizza Man likes this
35 minutes ago, Jesse said:

// Calculate remaining honor based on current talents (only talents that are in config and player list are calculated

Is the part that was not apparent. I get what you meant now. --> Subtract the honor during run-time
Having that worded to imply subtracting the honor talents value total would've made that more clear I guess.. 

why did you have to be toxic in the first place when he was trying to help u out? 

Bag Of Funyuns likes this
32 minutes ago, Xehons said:

why did you have to be toxic in the first place when he was trying to help u out? 

So there are ways to "help out" without trying to seek validation from people.

If the intention is to help, there are more appropriate ways to do so. Usually if your intention is to help, you don't require validation from the public.

Edited to add: We have contributors and developers who are doing a fine job without anyone even knowing. Validation comes from good work and being a team player. The results show themselves.

3 minutes ago, Samperino said:

I am not sure how I seeked out validation, I wrote two sentences and he asked me to elaborate ...

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

Seeing as you were one of the main people pushing for my removal, it's a bit sus that you take this weird moral high-ground while I am talking to Jesse.

Xehons, bunni and Bag Of Funyuns like this
42 minutes ago, Samperino said:

If the intention is to help, there are more appropriate ways to do so. Usually if your intention is to help, you don't require validation from the public.

Edited to add: We have contributors and developers who are doing a fine job without anyone even knowing. Validation comes from good work and being a team player. The results show themselves.

Yeah no clue where your going with this. The whole thread is about that stats and he's made a suggestion on how to improve the data on it and you think that should go to a PM? May aswell just lock the thread right now if people aren't supposed to comment on the subject. 

1 minute ago, Mason Statham said:

Yeah no clue where your going with this. The whole thread is about that stats and he's made a suggestion on how to improve the data on it and you think that should go to a PM? May aswell just lock the thread right now if people aren't supposed to comment on the subject. 

The point of my post was not to exclude the forum post itself as a way to convey a suggestion, it was to include more appropriate ways to convey technical suggestions like that. If you can quote me where I said people aren't supposed to comment on the subject, I would appreciate it.

Just now, Samperino said:

The point of my post was not to exclude the forum post itself as a way to convey a suggestion, it was to include more appropriate ways to convey technical suggestions like that. If you can quote me where I said people aren't supposed to comment on the subject, I would appreciate it.

ok, boomer.

4 hours ago, Samperino said:

I see no more appropriate way of conveying suggestions on a subject then posting it within the thread made for the subject. I never said you said nobody could comment on the subject I'm just making a point that you are making it seem that certain suggestions / comments don't belong on here. You made a simple suggestion which was actually made to help seem unwelcome for no reason. Not really a fair way to treat someone who is just trying to help, I think you just personally don't like @Pizza Man 

Pizza Man and Xehons like this
3 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

Didn't know using the n-word so profusely is considered "doing" so much for the community.

Never happened but ight

I dont ever use the word ingame and it’s pretty dumb how you guys keep bringing it up like i use it like that. I literally said the “d” word not with a racist intent and everyone is upset. If you’re talking about me saying it out of game, let’s be honest, you do too. You literally condone it but I really don’t give a fuck, say what you want.

I’m not sure if you had to do anything with the recent ban last week for saying A WORD (d**ky) even though I was unbanned, it seems like everyone is a snowflake here. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Bag Of Funyuns
2 hours ago, Bag Of Funyuns said:

Never happened but ight

I dont ever use the word ingame and it’s pretty dumb how you guys keep bringing it up like i use it like that. I literally said the “d” word not with a racist intent and everyone is upset. If you’re talking about me saying it out of game, let’s be honest, you do too. You literally condone it but I really don’t give a fuck, say what you want.

I’m not sure if you had to do anything with the recent ban last week for saying A WORD even though I was unbanned, it seems like everyone is a snowflake here. 🤷‍♂️

I mean you may be able to get away with saying that to the average player, but, not me.  I literally just watched a video of you saying it lmao.