Change log 7.7.0

bamf

8 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

There have been 245 Successful and Completed Drug Runs (i.e, they actually delivered the drugs) since this patch went live ~12 hours ago.

$4,789,000 has been made in total during that timeframe.

I think it's safe to say people are still doing them.

Watch those numbers slowly drop as the days go by. The same thing that happened to Scotch, will happen to Drug Runner as well.

Looking at Elysiums plane passes sold and the amount of people in the gang that used to do the runs, it's safe to say it has significantly dropped since the patch went live.

4 minutes ago, Haych said:

Watch those numbers slowly drop as the days go by. The same thing that happened to Scotch, will happen to Drug Runner as well.

Looking at Elysiums plane passes sold and the amount of people in the gang that used to do the runs, it's safe to say it has significantly dropped since the patch went live.

Passes will be down because it is a->b->c now as well. 

9 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

Why? Because it's not easy free money anymore?

It was a fun way to make money which had a nice payout hence the reason it was so popular. A different change to running around in circles.

9 minutes ago, bamf said:

They are still running at about 80% success rate though. Most of the failures are to death and not time (still). 

Its free money. You don't have to take it...

You do realise people panic when they run out of time which leads to people rushing their landing which leads to crashing.

Also don't forget, the reason many people weren't complaining about Loadout prices, was because Drug Runners was good money. We're still paying 30k for a standard loadout with Arms Dealer and Guns on the market. Can't do any other run which takes time because of server performance. Just hoping you can see where were coming from.

We can literally only make money when the server population is -60.

Edited by Haych

So, the server only seems to lag when it has above 70 members, if it stays above 80 for a long period of time then people will get kicked, soon as alot of people are kicked server is completely fine again, it is most definitely a memory issue, soon as it frees memory server is running smooth as fuck, all day everyday during EU times servers run completely fine, soon as they fill up, have been fucked over doing during so many feds/group runs past few days..

1 hour ago, HomeTrlx said:

I know. But I was always money capped (cuz I had 20 mil befor 6.0) so I always got prestige ^-^.

I may be wrong but I thought you needed 100 million pre 6.0 to be capped when it hit?

If I am wrong excuse me, it has been a long time since 6.0 popped and I was nowhere near cap when it did.

Edited by Romulus
1 hour ago, Haych said:

Come on man, just let it go. It is still the best money in the game. 

1 hour ago, bamf said:

I think the servers go down due to @Gaskal Every time he connects the servers die. 

I have also noticed servers going down when it starts raining, and when time seems to desync between players. I'm not sure what was changed in the past maybe 1-2 days prior to that it would yellow chain, then kick everybody then be fine. Today It just booted everybody for not responding with no prior lag. 

Not sure if this is helpful but I figured I would say what I know.

10 hours ago, Vanilla Coke said:

Ayy drug runner payout nerfed, and it was made harder! Would you look at that!

and @TheRealLethal please center that picture in your signature instead of putting of a bunch of spaces in front of it.

trust me this bothers me as much as i does you. But the center function offsets it to the left for some fucking reason. sorry dad

3 hours ago, Gnashes said:

There have been 245 Successful and Completed Drug Runs (i.e, they actually delivered the drugs) since this patch went live ~12 hours ago.

$4,789,000 has been made in total during that timeframe.

I think it's safe to say people are still doing them.

Those statistics don't include getting robbed. People camping the locations will wait for the person to deliver the drugs (eg. plane despawning) before shooting. Not sure why you and @bamf keep calling it low risk. Before the change, I kept getting involved in pretty serious gunfights at sofia airfield.

Haych, Sp0on, JIMBO and 2 others like this
3 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Those statistics don't include getting robbed. People camping the locations will wait for the person to deliver the drugs (eg. plane despawning) before shooting. Not sure why you and @bamf keep calling it low risk. Before the change, I kept getting involved in pretty serious gunfights at sofia airfield.

Don't forget, all this "easy runs, no risk" statements are coming from people who don't need to grind money every day.

Sure it was easy for gangs that held down the Airfield, but it was pretty hard for others to run it on S1 because we camped it out until people brought passes. I even tried doing it on other servers and got into gunfights quite a bit running it from Sofia and Donor. Just confuses me why they directly effected the payout when me and Jimbo wrote a list of things they can do to further nerf it.

11 minutes ago, Haych said:

Don't forget, all this "easy runs, no risk" statements are coming from people who don't need to grind money every day.

Sure it was easy for gangs that held down the Airfield, but it was pretty hard for others to run it on S1 because we camped it out until people brought passes. I even tried doing it on other servers and got into gunfights quite a bit running it from Sofia and Donor. Just confuses me why they directly effected the payout when me and Jimbo wrote a list of things they can do to further nerf it.

Because the test runs were done on the dev server :P

Haych, JIMBO, Gubber Flexx and 3 others like this
17 hours ago, CriticalTug said:

I can tell you that almost no one is going to like this in regards to money cap changes once they start grinding... I don't mind cap personally, but you really think rebels want to grind 10 mil prestige to get unlimited cap? Not a chance, this is really just masking the cap and still having one basically. I don't care but others will I assure you. You have to have 10 mil in currency you WILL NEVER USE.....in order to take on money u can then use. By 10 mil you're burned out. The richest players pre 6.0 only had like 100mil anyways I? And they just bought it.

Well there's your proof if you've ever needed it. Can't make everyone happy. Dang it!

8 hours ago, bamf said:

It actually isn't.  The time was tightened up because it was way too easy to do.  The payout had a small reduction due to the fact that the money cap was removed.  

Come on, we can all agree that it was too easy to make money with those missions.  Now the risk matches the reward better.  It is still the best money in the game.  

Going by Gnashes stats the average payout is now 19.5k per run.  That is not a small reduction as most runs were making between 30k-40k before.  I think the only one that didnt was DR5 -> DR4 because it took 5 minutes round trip.  I can agree that they were too easy before but cutting the payout in half AND adding the timer kinda kills it.

.Sean likes this

How can you say the times are perfect when it's tested on a dev server? I take off and land fine with a minute to spare then here comes an ifrit camping it. Well I don't have time to do anything but rush sell and hope for the best or I'll fail to not enough time. Also I've seen 2-3 planes at certain places taking off and landing all at once half these runways you have to come in a certain way or you're dead. Can we not add an extra minute or two to factor in unexpected things like this?

Frizzy, kingtoad, Le Razoir and 1 other like this
3 hours ago, Budbringer said:

Because the test runs were done on the dev server :P

You have to start in an ideal environment and work from there.  The fact that under the old timers I was able to make the flights with 50-60% of the time left means it was WAY too easy.  

52 minutes ago, 2legit said:

Going by Gnashes stats the average payout is now 19.5k per run.  That is not a small reduction as most runs were making between 30k-40k before.  I think the only one that didnt was DR5 -> DR4 because it took 5 minutes round trip.  I can agree that they were too easy before but cutting the payout in half AND adding the timer kinda kills it.

The average cost per run is skewed for two reasons:  

1. The missions are no longer linear like they were before.  You'd have a single roll happen, and then you would fly X distance two times.  Now you go A->B->C which changes the perceived payout for the missions.  Again, this is a buff to the players doing these missions.  The people camping have to decide whether they are going to kill people or not when they land as opposed to watching you take off and knowing that you'll bring them free money back in 10 minutes or so.  
  2. The payout was not indeed cut in half.  It's plain enough to see, but the payout was reduced by 30%.  Paratus and myself do not want the main source of income to be something that happens in the air on a life server.  You should have to at least have the potential to interact with other players more than twice during a run.  Driving from A->B will always be more desirable than flying from A->B since it increases your chance of having interaction with other players on the server.   
28 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

How can you say the times are perfect when it's tested on a dev server? I take off and land fine with a minute to spare then here comes an ifrit camping it. Well I don't have time to do anything but rush sell and hope for the best or I'll fail to not enough time. Also I've seen 2-3 planes at certain places taking off and landing all at once half these runways you have to come in a certain way or you're dead. Can we not add an extra minute or two to factor in unexpected things like this?

We are constantly looking at the timers to see where the sweet spot is.  Did we go a touch too far this time?  Maybe so.  But I would not expect it to be increased back much.  Again, these are the best payout in the game on a dollar/minute average.  The goal is to make them closer to meth, but they are still 10-15% higher than doing meth in say a box truck.  That being said, you can absolutely make money faster doing meth if you do that activity smartly.  The same can be said for scotch as well - albeit that has a sense of delayed gratification since the payout can not be obtained immediately.  

The bottom line is that the drug runner missions are fast AND easy money.  Sure you're going to get camped at times, but anyone in starter clothes can run them and make money.

10 minutes ago, bamf said:

You have to start in an ideal environment and work from there.  The fact that under the old timers I was able to make the flights with 50-60% of the time left means it was WAY too easy.  

1. The missions are no longer linear like they were before.  You'd have a single roll happen, and then you would fly X distance two times.  Now you go A->B->C which changes the perceived payout for the missions.  Again, this is a buff to the players doing these missions.  The people camping have to decide whether they are going to kill people or not when they land as opposed to watching you take off and knowing that you'll bring them free money back in 10 minutes or so.  
  2. The payout was not indeed cut in half.  It's plain enough to see, but the payout was reduced by 30%.  Paratus and myself do not want the main source of income to be something that happens in the air on a life server.  You should have to at least have the potential to interact with other players more than twice during a run.  Driving from A->B will always be more desirable than flying from A->B since it increases your chance of having interaction with other players on the server.   

We are constantly looking at the timers to see where the sweet spot is.  Did we go a touch too far this time?  Maybe so.  But I would not expect it to be increased back much.  Again, these are the best payout in the game on a dollar/minute average.  The goal is to make them closer to meth, but they are still 10-15% higher than doing meth in say a box truck.  That being said, you can absolutely make money faster doing meth if you do that activity smartly.  The same can be said for scotch as well - albeit that has a sense of delayed gratification since the payout can not be obtained immediately.  

The bottom line is that the drug runner missions are fast AND easy money.  Sure you're going to get camped at times, but anyone in starter clothes can run them and make money.

Make drug runner in cars too and have an increased price for drug running for cars since it will have more "interaction". PROBLEMO SOLVED.

Please stop saying that you did not nerf this it is plain to see that you guys did. Just like every other money making that is "good". 

You choose to listen to the community and then take steps back and change other things. You change the price of AK's with VERY little feedback from the community, but you wont listen to this poll? Please if you want your player base to make money you need to make it more worth our time. 

201508_2302_hcebe.jpg

19 minutes ago, bamf said:

From the runs I've done I've had about a 25% reduction as seen from here. Idk why people are complaining so much. I've got my plane stuck and had to get a hatch out and push it and then get back in the plane to drive it to the drug runner and I still had a bit of time.

bamf likes this
9 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

We are not saying bring back the the original time we are asking you play on one of the 4 servers while other people are doing it, find the trips that the time is way too short, then add a minute or two to those trips as any kind of error player or not player fault is not calculated in.

I have played on the servers and done the missions with the shorter times.  I have a few ideas, but honestly these are supposed to be for the players who are good at piloting and can accept that there is some risk with very high reward (the reward IS still very high).

I don't mind the risks but some of the times given it is impossible to land elsewhere without failing. I went from Sofia to salt flats with no problems and was left with less than 30 seconds to load the drugs after landing.

*edit the medium to long distance runs are find but the short distance ones need a minute or two added to them.

Edited by Tusken Raider
kingtoad likes this
24 minutes ago, Ragnar Lodbrok™ said:

i think the times given for the drug runner missions are great but i feel the payout was nerfed alot. 9k for 3 to 5 to 4 is not exactly worth my time considering i could be killed at any of these spots and lose 15k. The risk in my opinion is too high for the reward.

I feel payouts should have a minimum of 15k since that is what you could lose if you are killed.

Rag likes this

Thoughts on Drug Runner @bamf  (I know it's long, but please just read.)

I think when this was discussed you fellas severely underestimated the risk that is already present, and the statistical data that was analyzed is flawed. While YES Drug Runs were completed you are not accounting for the very common scenario in which the pilot does not receive his run due to robbery/vehicular crash. APD is not the primary risk factor, you are correct. Drug Runner was one of the only activities that did not cater to large groups (As 90% of the ground games do.) I'm going to throw a guestimate out here and say around 40% of the time the pilots do not receive the money from the run due to aforementioned reasons based on my own experience. You are right in the fact that a plain clothes newbie can jump right into the plane, but you neglect to take into account a plain clothes newbie with a rook can sit right outside of the zone and come up on the previous payout of 37k EASIER than doing the run. Did it have enough risk? Oh hell yea. The friendly stage of Drug Runner was ending and it was becoming more volatile, you did not let it play out long enough to see the effects and many many variables and dynamics associated with the Drug Runner. It did not get to run it's course before the nerf hammer was swung. Players are not extremely upset because of the money reduction, I'd be willing to say that it was a great way to make money that was also FUN. You have completely sucked the fun out of drug runner and it now a run of the mill grind rather than a cool unique experience.

Awhile back I even complained that Drug Runner was Apex bias (It still is.) but shortly after I learned to camp the runner until I bought Apex and I made a fair amount from doing that, you provided a way for two different play styles to co-exist in a risky yet still entertaining manner, while also bridging the DLC gap.

We want people to go back to ground being the primary means of money making, great? Not so much, why isn't ground fun? It's incredibly time consuming and for working class people it's a really kick in the head when you spend an hour doing a meth run for a gang of 20+ to fuck you up "Because they can and also ""EZ PZ GIT GUD KID."" That's severely disheartening. Some of my best times in Asylum thus far has been getting a drug runner mission, putting on some Van Halen "Jump" and enjoying the view as I try to make money, it was a perfect fun activity that didn't demand ABSOLUTE robot style attention span. There is a big misconception (I assume from how life in general USED to be.) that somehow, with this money cap removal the server population is going to self destruct in no-time because of the Drug Runner, that's a broad assumption from the staff team.

There was PLENTY of risk, I lost money more often than I deposited it. But because of the ease of use I didn't want to just quit the game because so much time was wasted and feel like shit at the end because no matter how hard I tried and how good I am I couldn't best a group of 5. I tried everything in the books to do meth, even the "Grab an offroad" method you mentioned and it does not work. When I got into Karnage I was able to do ground drug runs with the support of multiple people. Who are we trying to kid exactly? New players are MUCH better off with the old drug runner when they have no-one to play with or turn to then trying to farm for hours only to be rekt.

The end all goal of this community is to provide a fun atmosphere along with fun activities everyone can enjoy, why does it have to be such a slug fest of "IT NEEDS TO BE DARK SOULS 2 HARD OR ITS NERFED". What exactly is wrong with people having fun, making money and kitting up to go do what they wanted to do from the start? Gang wars..etc. With the old drug runner given enough time, more people would reach the cap faster and you would have more cartel wars from gangs more banks/feds giving the APD something to do besides sit in Kavala Square all day. It's a win-win for just about everyone as it would allow for people to be less frugal all the damn time.

Why don't we take this back to the drawing board of the very very limited staff team, host a community meeting and get some serious input. Rather than the Illuminati type decision making that seems to be going on here by the staff. Very few people were in support of a nerf as evident by forum posts. Let's not let 13 people decide on how the other 300+ community members should feel about the runner.

-Sincerely,

Eldar, a 24 year old 90 hour work week community member.

Edited by Eldar
DreamC, Vanilla Coke and 544heu like this
4 minutes ago, Phil. said:

Ah so glad the contributors care so much about the Asylum population. :fail:

I do. What I do not care about, however, are the people that constantly complain on the forums, yet offer no better alternatives that "give us more money" or "make x easier."

Don't you worry your sweet little head, though. I'm going to run an idea by @bamf that should make drug running a little more fair for the "less skilled" pilots.

Furnie Mack likes this
7 minutes ago, Eldar said:

Why do I need a different job? I make plenty of money, own my own house and support me and my wife. I'm your average American and that is what it takes to survive in this day and age.

You can make plenty of money without working 13 hours 7 days per week. What is it you work as since you work that many hours?

13 minutes ago, Eldar said:

I tried everything in the books to do meth, even the "Grab an offroad" method you mentioned and it does not work.

Then you are doing something wrong. You spend 30 seconds at the meth lab and then you are out of there. Easiest way to make money in the game