Again, Locking it doesnt make it wrong.

Hmmmmm... Maybe after every 3rd page/ every 50th post, someone can just summarize what has been said for those people that showed up late to the party. I just skipped all of the second page and I feel like there's something missing. Maybe we can get a designated moderator for this?

I would and I'm sure others would really appreciate it.

Sean // Fitty Bread and Swifty like this
5 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

It's funny to me how this thread is sparked by a guy getting banned for blatantly using a no recoil script on KOTH in a video that he clearly never intended to be publicly listed.

That is a video I would love to see.

People love to defend their friends around here, understandably, but too many people never tell the full story.

The Boss likes this
18 minutes ago, SheriffJohnBeard said:

Hmmmmm... Maybe after every 3rd page/ every 50th post, someone can just summarize what has been said for those people that showed up late to the party. I just skipped all of the second page and I feel like there's something missing. Maybe we can get a designated moderator for this?

I would and I'm sure others would really appreciate it.

Firstly, I'd like to point out that Nex has been here forever. Prior to the garage change 18 months ago, he had the last surviving fuel truck in his garage (asylum used to have fuel trucks). 

As to the larger issue at hand, while I appreciate your attempt to avoid specifics and keep things conceptual, it's made it somewhat difficult to distill down your point. If you're suggesting people are being banned for cheating willy nilly because someone accused them of cheating, I can assure you that isn't the way we operate. Motown and Paratus would not tolerate such an approach.

Continuing, if your assertion is that hackusations end up getting people banned, the answer again is no. That being said, when someone is suspected of cheating, more and more people will record and report which eventually can lead to more thorough administrative investigation. But even then, we have thorough evidentiary requirements that must be upheld. Which is why there is often frustration in the community about "inaction" against people that are broadly suspected of cheating. If we don't have the evidence, we don't ban. 

Further, I understand many people are left feeling unsatisfied with the outcome of these investigations as the evidence is never made public, not even to the player in question. So their friends and associates are often outraged and decry the entire process as unfair and corrupt. However this is done simply to ensure that people don't know how they were caught and cannot easily avoid detection in the future. 

Lastly, yes these things seem to be happening with increased frequency. People get in these weird feuds with other players, a lot of shit talk in side chat, egos on the line, burnt out and apathetic, etc etc and they decide to cheat. Or use other insidious means of securing an advantage. Then they get caught, then they get banned, then the silent majority sights in relief while the individual's friends go apoplectic on the forums.  

If I have failed to address your specific concerns, please let me know and I will attempt to do so. But the broad point I'm trying to make is that this is a video game, sometimes people cheat and as a result we have to ban them. I know that it's frustrating and the policy of secrecy exacerbates that, but we're all trying our best to ensure a healthy, fun and cheater free experience for everyone who plays asylum. 

As for your concerns about toxicity, I'm in complete agreement. I think it's gotten worse and frankly out of hand. The amount of outright ugliness that people throw at eachother is unbelievable and it's a shame. But there isn't much we can do currently to get people to interact with eachother with a little basic decency

^^^^

This should really sum up this post

Edited by Larry
4 hours ago, hamsham12 said:

I can name 5 players who were better than any hacker and got more kills and were respected more at any point in time:

1. Rodrigo

2. Technique

3. Bikstok

4. Jeremy

5. Shearsy

When you lie about cheating so much, you start to believe it yourself, everyday when you log on and inject the script and everyone accuses you of cheating you respond, "lol hacking?? haha XD u guis just SUCK XDDD" Trust me when I say this, everytime I fought Harley he positioned perfectly, killed multiple people, then denied, the whole thing. There are good players, then there are cheaters, easy to tell the two apart.

Good Players, Cheaters, and players who have just lost the skill they have :P (you should know about that one)

People need to stop cheating. That's it. lag switch, 3rd party apps, scripting shit... Just stop.  Embrace your potato and have fun.  I have encountered many of these people who have been banned for cheating, and I have seen people/been banned for much less just because we killed the admin in an odd way or pulled some crazy shots on other servers.  

19 minutes ago, HotWings said:

People need to stop cheating. That's it. lag switch, 3rd party apps, scripting shit... Just stop.  Embrace your potato and have fun.  I have encountered many of these people who have been banned for cheating, and I have seen people/been banned for much less just because we killed the admin in an odd way or pulled some crazy shots on other servers.  

Yeah, you hear that you bastards! THAT ALSO MEANS no more group chatting, you filthy cheaters!

7 hours ago, epTic said:

"my friends got banned for scripting and dupin, but they did nothing wrong." 

Get the fuck outta here, keep Aidzo, Brezz, and Nickis banned. 

Well, we know for a Fact Brezz didn't actually cheat, the admins know that. I also think 100% Aidzo don't cheat (you weren't playing when aidzo was banned anyways), and Nickis, I really don't know...they didn't like to fight cartels much. Who was banned sugarfoot btw?

Edited by 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》
7 hours ago, Killswitch said:

I would really like everyone to take note on this comment right here. I don't think you guys really understand how much spectating and submitted videos it takes for one person to get banned for 3rd Party Apps.

Take good ol Perry/Destro for example. I believe I spectated that guy for 4-5 hours, we had probably 5 submitted videos of him, and still he never got banned by Motown or Bamf. I told them I would sell my left nut for science if he wasn't cheating. And 1 month later, guess what happens...yep he was global eye banned during the Inuria ban wave. Same thing with Samson, Ezra, Kr1t1kal, Fearless, Corrado, King Identites...shall I continue? 

I don't think the community truly understands how hard it is for us to get an approved ban from Motown or Bamf for 3rd Party Apps. Sure, they can say they will show us their PCs or scan everything and show it to us, but that doesn't mean shit. Sure we had one huge ban wave that went through without Bamfs or Motowns approval, and look what happened? It caused a shit-storm and now both of those Admins are no longer Admins. 

Trust me, we do notice everyone's advice and I even made a google document that I transferred from all the suggestions forum and gave it to Paratus. There is only soo much we can do as Admins. I go through the suggestion threads almost daily to see what cool things everyone from the community is suggesting, but all I can really do is collect it, and give it to the big man. If he likes it, he will put it in. If he doesn't, he won't. 

@Sugarfoot if you do truly leave, I wish you the best of luck whatever server you choose or game you choose to play. But I must warn you, you will be surprised how much faster people are banned on other servers for 'hackusations'. Go ask some of the members of this community how long it took some of them to get perm banned on other servers because they are just good at this game. 

If anyone wants to hear my latest story, pm me. After 3 pm I will tell my story. :'( 

7 hours ago, Killswitch said:

I told them I would sell my left nut for science if he wasn't cheating. And 1 month later, guess what happens...yep he was global eye banned during the Inuria ban wave. Same thing with Samson, Ezra, Kr1t1kal, Fearless, Corrado, King Identites...shall I continue? 

I have to point this out..

Samson only got banned because he had a verbal fight over admin chat with another admin while IN admin chat, then blatantly restrained 10+ APD officers from 300m and walked away a god.

He was not using Iniuria, he actually made Asylum better after he turned in some stuff to you guys.

Thank you based Samson.

6 hours ago, Whitey said:

Ok so b4 this gets locked and while i can get a comment in... 

I strive to be the best at whatever I do.  Even something as trivial as video games,  I take it seriously so i can get better.  I always thought I was good at ArmA until I came to Asylum.  I got raped my first day here fighting.  since then i have been practicing to make sure I was a threat to whoever i was fighting against.  I have been practicing at CQC and quick peaking.  I would like to think that I have gotten far better as a player then I was.  With all of the recent bans I am starting to worry that there is someone who will report me for "cheating" when in reality it is just that i have practiced, drilled, and out communicated them.  I dont want to constantly be worried that if one day i am at a cartel and i play exceptionally well that there might be an incoming ban for hacking.  What is motivating me to continue becoming a better player if there is a chance that i will get banned.

There is a difference in being good and blatantly cheating...

BaDaBiNg_10-8 likes this
8 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

The point of this topic has nothing to do with my friends. Dont kid your self for one second if you think i like addon or sheep, but you are out of your mind if you think those two deserved a ban.

Honestly lagswitching or not, Sheep has been such a toxic person that truly enjoyed making people mad, sad and enjoy the game less. With such intentions i would perm him even without breaking the rules. 

I don't hold personal grudges on a game but i really hate people that act like him. 

Ofek and Haych like this
8 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

cartel where the server lags so much we all call each other Lag switchers

After making a living selling methamphetamine I got fed up with all the cheaters on asylum. I developed my own lagswitch to use on other lagswitchers. My script actually found other lagswitchers and targeted them. In a way I helped asylum.

36 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

I have to point this out..

Samson only got banned because he had a verbal fight over admin chat with another admin while IN admin chat, then blatantly restrained 10+ APD officers from 300m and walked away a god.

He was not using Iniuria, he actually made Asylum better after he turned in some stuff to you guys.

Thank you based Samson.

Samson as an example on how we knew he was cheating, but Bamf/Motown wouldn't let us ban him because they wanted more evidence. 

Clint Beastwood likes this

(picture that used to be here was a private message of Bamf explaining that he motown and Paratus banned aidzo without knowing what he was using but are pretty sure he is using "something")

To the admins saying 3rd Party App bans are hard to go through Bamf and Motown. They banned Aidzo before even knowing what type of "cheat" he had. Aidzo was banned for 10ish videos of cartels when Target Boxes were around and some other stuff totally irrelevant to ARMA from 5+ Years ago. Ive had multiple admins say the videos are useless and already know of 2 of the 10ish. I was banned for 3rd Party Apps and the only reason im unbanned today is hammerlock slipped up and told us some of the falsified proof he made on us. Bamf was going to ban us anyway if hammerlock didn't get pissed and put the ban in early.  

I dont care for your reply's these are pretty accurate facts considering ive lived them and spoke to the banning admins themselves on the situations. If this post is Off-topic or says to much which it is and does then delete it I just wanted to clear some things to the fans that know nothing of what happened within Envy.

Edited by Wang Liqin
2 hours ago, Wang Liqin said:

To the admins saying 3rd Party App bans are hard to go through Bamf and Motown. They banned Aidzo before even knowing what type of "cheat" he had. Aidzo was banned for 10ish videos of cartels when Target Boxes were around and some other stuff totally irrelevant to ARMA from 5+ Years ago. Ive had multiple admins say the videos are useless and already know of 2 of the 10ish. I was banned for 3rd Party Apps and the only reason im unbanned today is hammerlock slipped up and told us some of the falsified proof he made on us. Bamf was going to ban us anyway if hammerlock didn't get pissed and put the ban in early.  

To me it feels like admins do these kinds of things to release tension in this community. People call cheats, they put a little time in and ban so they dont have to waste more time with it