Jump to content
Grizz

Merge S1/S2 ; Wipe Houses

Wipe house's & merge s1/s2  

99 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Wipe Houses & Merge S1/S2

    • Give players xx amount of days to clean out houses & sell to market. Merge S1/S2 with a 120 player count.
      18
    • Nope. Leave as is.
      81


Recommended Posts

Let's see what people would prefer.

With the wiping houses idea, houses would then be on a first come/first serve basis. Gang leaders with gang houses would create a new gang house *this would not count towards their limit*.

House cap per player would be 2 houses.

House's aren't going to matter if it continues the way it is.

Populated server = more interest.

That's just my input though.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ron [unreformed] said:

please stop. this is your fault, you decided to leave the game. now, after you came back, you want to wipe the houses and get good houses from a player who never left asylum and had the houses for years. [ i'm talking to the all inactive players not only you @Grizz

But i have 5 amazing houses that i grinded and bought from people being wiped for inactivity, or purchasing from players. I get where you're coming from, but what good are houses if the server population is dead.

Share this post


Link to post

Wiping people's long term end games and shutting down a whole server half the people still play on is not a good long term solution.

 

want a more populated server? Get the regulars to stop being so unbearably toxic all the time and be a more welcoming community. The features make the game playable but it's the people that make the server happen. 

Share this post


Link to post

This idea is the best ive heard so far, i started playing like 2 months ago and i just got 5 houses on each server (yeah i am slow) running around for hours trying to get some good ones, i would love it if one of the servers where closed, then i wont have to use anymore time on asylum cause i would leave instantly, more time for house work i guess

Revenant, J9HUNNA, YuSheng and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post

Lets face it, Asylums prime was 2014 to late 2016 maybe early 2017ish... the servers will never be like they were because of shitty owner decisions (more aimed to the previous owners) although a couple from the new have been on the not that great side..  

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, Elaiscancer said:

If they removed the whitelisting it would be more populated

Exactly. I know we are trying to keep ban evaders away, but what's happening is that genuine people that just bought the game are gonna click on asylum and not be able to join the server because of the minimum hours. Most people I play with, their first arma experience was on asylum. This is just eliminating tons of potential new players

Edit: does anyone know the actual minimum hours needed to play?

Edited by Donald Clinton
Grizz, The Boss and Connor1959 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Donald Clinton said:

Exactly. I know we are trying to keep ban evaders away, but what's happening is that genuine people that just bought the game are gonna click on asylum and not be able to join the server because of the minimum hours. Most people I play with, their first arma experience was on asylum. This is just eliminating tons of potential new players

That and if people believe this server is the type of Altis Life server you have to be whitelisted for then it will keep people from playing.  I get that there's people who want to ruin things and yeah doing a temporary whitelist stops some but others are just going to wait for it to be lifted.  Might as well just get it over with and get them banned sooner rather than later.

Ghost0fDawn and Donald Clinton like this

Share this post


Link to post

The whitelisting will be removed in the next 36 hours or so. We're working on finalizing some tools.

59 minutes ago, Elaiscancer said:

That and if people believe this server is the type of Altis Life server you have to be whitelisted for then it will keep people from playing.  I get that there's people who want to ruin things and yeah doing a temporary whitelist stops some but others are just going to wait for it to be lifted.  Might as well just get it over with and get them banned sooner rather than later.

See above. The whitelist isn't solely for the scripters. The whitelist will be removed soon.

1 hour ago, Donald Clinton said:

Exactly. I know we are trying to keep ban evaders away, but what's happening is that genuine people that just bought the game are gonna click on asylum and not be able to join the server because of the minimum hours. Most people I play with, their first arma experience was on asylum. This is just eliminating tons of potential new players

Edit: does anyone know the actual minimum hours needed to play?

Its not just hours factored in. Also another condition that we won't be disclosing at this time. The restrictions will be removed soon.

Maaqs, ZIM2233, ProGrant and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Wiping houses or money wont help server population at all. Thinking it will makes you just plain naive or just stupid as fuck.

Wish you would provide context on why this wouldn't work and why in about every other RP simulator/Arma high population server it is used to bring life back into a stale Meta/Server except Asylum, but instead you resolve to calling people names like always because your mother did too much crack while you where in the womb and you are just an angry Irish guy who feels entitled to the server, but after 6 years still haven't amassed anything in this game to take to bed with you at night, but whatever helps you sleep.

Edited by Allstarplaya
bballmajic likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Allstarplaya said:

Wish you would provide context on why this wouldn't work and why in about every other RP simulator/Arma high population server it is used to bring life back into a stale Meta/Server except Asylum, but instead you resolve to calling people names like always because your mother did too much crack while you where in the womb and you are just an angry Irish guy who feels entitled to the server, but after 6 years still haven't amassed anything in this game to take to bed with at night, but whatever helps you sleep.

What is there to amass in this game besides entertainment?

ItsFevver likes this

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Allstarplaya said:

Wish you would provide context on why this wouldn't work and why in about every other RP simulator/Arma high population server it is used to bring life back into a stale Meta/Server except Asylum, but instead you resolve to calling people names like always because your mother did too much crack while you where in the womb and you are just an angry Irish guy who feels entitled to the server, but after 6 years still haven't amassed anything in this game to take to bed with you at night, but whatever helps you sleep.

What other high population arma servers have done this....? Where a streamer isn't involved. I speak from Olympus where this was done and it basically killed them.

The Boss and Donald Clinton like this

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Jesse said:

What other high population arma servers have done this....? Where a streamer isn't involved. I speak from Olympus where this was done and it basically killed them.

King of the Hill has done this multiple times where they wipe all experience and grind begins again for everyone. Also has been done on A3L back in the day and currently is done on major GTA RP servers when hackers or economy gets to far out of control that there is no other solution. If people love asylum and love playing asylum they will continue to play even if you do decide to wipe the servers, they might be butt-hurt at first but earning that first ORCA or first house give a sense of accomplishment.Furthermore it could bring minor RP back to server since everyone is on a equally starting playing field you might not wanna piss off someone who is picking peaches in Kavala cause it could come back on  you when you are doing a box truck of coke later on in the day/week. Finally this would also require  1 server to start with 120 slots and require a revamped police force where money earned from playing cop could not be used on civ/rebel, because everyone would just play cops it would be 80 cops to 40 civs and people would just build bankrolls that way then never play cop again.

THIS TYPE OF MOVE OF WIPING SERVER WOULD REQUIRE A LOT OF WORK TO MAKE IT GO OFF CORRECTLY NOT JUST WIPING EVERYONE'S BANK ACCOUNT, GARAGES, HOUSES, SOMETHING I DON'T SEE ASYLUM ADMINS OR DEVELOPERS CARING ENOUGH TO PUT THE TIME INTO NOW-A-DAYS. 

Why do you think Asylum succeed in the first place so many years ago? Because it was something FRESH that had never been done before (although major streamers like LIRIK did put it on the map) it was still something that hadn't been done and thrived long after streamers left the servers to pursue other games. 

Edited by Allstarplaya
Crossfade and DH JIG like this

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

Are we suggesting deleting an entire server because ONE WEEK of V2 being out hasn’t caused the servers to overflow with people consistently?

For fucks sake you people are so fucking impatient, it’s insane.

Either go play another server or STOP FUCKING COMPLAINING.

 

 

Chip calm down...

cHIP oTLE and Golophin087 like this

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Allstarplaya said:

King of the Hill has done this multiple times where they wipe all experience and grind begins again for everyone. Also has been done on A3L back in the day and currently is done on major GTA RP servers when hackers or economy gets to far out of control that there is no other solution. If people love asylum and love playing asylum they will continue to play even if you do decide to wipe the servers, they might be butt-hurt at first but earning that first ORCA or first house give a sense of accomplishment.Furthermore it could bring minor RP back to server since everyone is on a equally starting playing field you might not wanna piss off someone who is picking peaches in Kavala cause it could come back on  you when you are doing a box truck of coke later on in the day/week. Finally this would also require  1 server to start with 120 slots and require a revamped police force where money earned from playing cop could not be used on civ/rebel, because everyone would just play cops it would be 80 cops to 40 civs and people would just build bankrolls that way then never play cop again.

THIS TYPE OF MOVE OF WIPING SERVER WOULD REQUIRE A LOT OF WORK TO MAKE IT GO OFF CORRECTLY NOT JUST WIPING EVERYONE'S BANK ACCOUNT, GARAGES, HOUSES, SOMETHING I DON'T SEE ASYLUM ADMINS OR DEVELOPERS CARING ENOUGH TO PUT THE TIME INTO NOW-A-DAYS. 

Why do you think Asylum succeed in the first place so many years ago? Because it was something FRESH that had never been done before (although major streamers like LIRIK did put it on the map) it was still something that hadn't been done and thrived long after streamers left the servers to pursue other games. 

KOTH did this ONCE and that was only so that experience, money was saved in a database instead of on peoples pc, making it harder to change your stats, and they actually lost some of their players doing it. 

Edited by Dead$hot

Share this post


Link to post

ec6697fd111dea7eb8403d7bc6a548fd.png 

Just leave it how it is now, V2 has been out a week you must be stupid if you thought the servers would instantly fill up on drop of v2 give it time.  

Edited by Kyle_
Mason Statham likes this

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Allstarplaya said:

Wish you would provide context on why this wouldn't work and why in about every other RP simulator/Arma high population server it is used to bring life back into a stale Meta/Server except Asylum, but instead you resolve to calling people names like always because your mother did too much crack while you where in the womb and you are just an angry Irish guy who feels entitled to the server, but after 6 years still haven't amassed anything in this game to take to bed with you at night, but whatever helps you sleep.

You groomed a bunch of underage kids when you played on s5 and tanoa so please dont talk shit, you lose everytime.

Share this post


Link to post

Stop the flood of these stupid topics. The VAST MAJORITY of the community doesn't want all their shit taken away.  It won't help server population it will hinder it. Everyone that believes taking away the hard work from the people that are still playing this server are naive.

danile666 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Allstarplaya said:

King of the Hill has done this multiple times where they wipe all experience and grind begins again for everyone. Also has been done on A3L back in the day and currently is done on major GTA RP servers when hackers or economy gets to far out of control that there is no other solution. If people love asylum and love playing asylum they will continue to play even if you do decide to wipe the servers, they might be butt-hurt at first but earning that first ORCA or first house give a sense of accomplishment.Furthermore it could bring minor RP back to server since everyone is on a equally starting playing field you might not wanna piss off someone who is picking peaches in Kavala cause it could come back on  you when you are doing a box truck of coke later on in the day/week. Finally this would also require  1 server to start with 120 slots and require a revamped police force where money earned from playing cop could not be used on civ/rebel, because everyone would just play cops it would be 80 cops to 40 civs and people would just build bankrolls that way then never play cop again.

THIS TYPE OF MOVE OF WIPING SERVER WOULD REQUIRE A LOT OF WORK TO MAKE IT GO OFF CORRECTLY NOT JUST WIPING EVERYONE'S BANK ACCOUNT, GARAGES, HOUSES, SOMETHING I DON'T SEE ASYLUM ADMINS OR DEVELOPERS CARING ENOUGH TO PUT THE TIME INTO NOW-A-DAYS. 

Why do you think Asylum succeed in the first place so many years ago? Because it was something FRESH that had never been done before (although major streamers like LIRIK did put it on the map) it was still something that hadn't been done and thrived long after streamers left the servers to pursue other games. 

Koth done it once because they made an entirely new system after one of the most popular communities broke off from somatra, A3L done it and it killed them to the point where they never recovered their population and ive yet to hear of a GTA RP server that has done it that is actually popular. TFRP and NoPixel are the longest most popular GTA servers and have never done it and both have been hacked and fucked with, databases are a wonderful thing. 

Give up please.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
Sjuol likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...