A list of suggestions from Taylor Goldberg

TaylorSwift

• Add a que for the duel arena to main cities like laser tag I think this is a good idea that might see more use if it was in main cities. Not sure why the que was put at the salt flat.

• Allow wire transfers through the phone like cash app This would be a nice tool for comping players or just paying for services on the go.

• Add an option to disable help bot spam Add an option in phone settings to disable bot spam when saying key words like admin, help, etc.

• Add a que for gun game like laser tag People seem to really like gun game so make it something you can que into in town/on phone like laser tag. It could have an entrance fee which then becomes the prize money. It could also have a cooldown.

• Give tempests or another vehicle or all vehicles the ability to process all of the trunk at once standing outside of it (takes the same amount of time) It would take the same amount of time just all in one process. This would only save time of swapping inventories and would be a nice quality of life change. This could also lead to interesting situations because if you die processing it will be reset.

• Add the ability to list house keys for sale Add an option to sell house keys on the house menu. It would be nice for perm keys to display as for sale when inspecting a house and could be very profitable. 

• Buff gas station to 20k I think gas stations are a great idea but right now 10k for 10 mins is really bad and not worth it. At 20k we might see more action come from them.

• Add tactical vest to clothing store for all players I don't see any reason why this would be an issue. I could be wrong.

• Change Asylum Exchange relisting to allow price change and stop virtual items counting toward your physical item limit Not sure if these are intended or a bug.

• Fix sidechat shutting off randomly Sidechat will sometimes just shut off on its own over and over and its very annoying.

• Fix tilda Not sure if this is broken or a skill issue but it would be nice for it to work consistently. 

• Fix drop option in vehicle It doesn't seem to allow you to drop items out of the vehicle inventory even though there is an option for it.

• Show when a house owner was last active on the house menu Not sure if this would cause issues but I know it would be nice if you were looking to try to buy a certain valuable house and might help fight house hoggers. And give people a reason to drive around in the world and check houses.

• Make some of the unused jobs more profitable but require expensive equipment Make jobs like oil or salt more profitable but require very expensive equipment like market items such as the pickaxe but high cost or special expensive vehicles or vehicle mods.

• Add purchasable persistent spawn clothing (not armor) Can buy clothing choice you always spawn in for a large amount of money.

• Add ATMs at some legal job sell points Some legal jobs could have an ATM at the sell point. For example an ATM at the jewelry store or commodities trader just to take some of the risk off and give a bit of a bonus to the less profitable legal jobs. I think this also makes sense from an RP perspective. 

• Asylum trading card game This could be as simple as collectable cards featuring notable players. Or maybe a playable game on the website/discord. Maybe with some sort of benefits for collecting/winning games.

• Add a tutorial NPC We need an in-depth tutorial NPC/large sign that is hard to miss right in plain sight in main cities explaining all the basics of the game. Most players do not want to use the Wiki that is not fun for most and breaks immersion. They are much more likely to read things on an NPC in my opinion. NPC possibly also has starter quest like objectives. This may seem like a little thing but I think this is actually a huge problem. I see players all the time with no idea what to do and they get bored and leave or just wander aimlessly. Maybe they didn't even see the message about the Wiki on the starting screen and don't even know it exists. But they probably won't miss the NPC and large sign.

• Make gear lootable (except police gear) This is obviously controversial. I have heard many arguments against it but I think they are weak and this mechanic would be so much fun. After a player has fully died (5 min rev timer up/executed) the gear drops and will despawn eventually like briefcases. These are the arguments I've heard against it. 1 Because then people will RDM you for your gear but RDMers already kill people for no gain and you lose your gear anyway. And if an RDMer takes it you even have a chance of getting it back. 2 It would be bad for the economy. I don't think it would come close to touching the amount of money put into the economy by drug runs which is millions on millions. My understanding is 10 kills is a relatively high number of kills for a single cartel fighter on fully kitted players a restart. Which at an average of 30k a kit (this number obviously could vary a lot) would be a 300k value assuming they collected and brought all these kits back to a house/exchange. Thats not that much money and honestly seems balanced for 4 hours and like a fair reward to cartel fighters as I believe the cartels themselves aren't that profitable. And I think this is a relatively extreme example so the real numbers would be lower across all players usually. 3 Performance, but I think having items drop and despawn like briefcases might solve this though I'm not sure. 4 It's a money sink. I just don't think people would be saving that much money from this and plenty of people are still going to be buying kits. I might be missing the real arguments against it because I'm not sure why this decision was made. Maybe just try it out for a week or two?
12 hours ago, TaylorSwift said:
  • Allow wire transfers through the phone like cash app This would be a nice tool for comping players or just paying for services on the go.

• Add an option to disable help bot spam Add an option in phone settings to disable bot spam when saying key words like admin, help, etc.

only 2 good ones here

UberGaming likes this

Yeah and one is a suggestion, adding an option to disable bot spam. I cannot imagine anyone who actually read the post would call that a terrible idea. I mean that's pretty far to say it's terrible. Maybe not realistic, but terrible? Maybe give a little explanation rather than just say it's a terrible idea? Just seems like they only read the part about making gear lootable or are just trolling me. 

Since you were crying to me in game about giving a blanket statement of all your suggestions being dogwater here is honest input on every single suggestion here.

On 9/9/2023 at 12:30 AM, TaylorSwift said:
  • Add a que for the duel arena to main cities like laser tag I think this is a good idea that might see more use if it was in main cities. Not sure why the que was put at the salt flat.

Laser Tag queue was in cities for years prior. Nobody did them then, that trend will continue. Pointless code tbh, should be removed as is.

Sure ig

I don't think this really bothers anyone as is but sure, ig the devs can waste their time with that.

• Add a que for gun game like laser tag People seem to really like gun game so make it something you can que into in town/on phone like laser tag. It could have an entrance fee which then becomes the prize money. It could also have a cooldown.

Laser tag went for the most part unused for years as would this. Gun game admin events are successful because the ability to queue is presented to you on everyone's screens at the same time instead of everyone having to queue up individually. Queuing up individually will always fail due to nobody knowing if anyone else queued up.

• Give tempests or another vehicle or all vehicles the ability to process all of the trunk at once standing outside of it (takes the same amount of time) It would take the same amount of time just all in one process. This would only save time of swapping inventories and would be a nice quality of life change. This could also lead to interesting situations because if you die processing it will be reset.

Seems extremely lazy, takes out the interaction aspect of processing, also makes processing safer if the moment you see another player you can instantly just drive away instead of say having to run outside of the building, getting in your vehicle, then driving away.

• Add the ability to list house keys for sale Add an option to sell house keys on the house menu. It would be nice for perm keys to display as for sale when inspecting a house and could be very profitable. 

You can already do this as is, I don't think people would like a system in place where anybody can buy keys to your house. Currently you can pick and choose who you decide to sell keys to, effectively screening the player as trustworthy or not.

• Buff gas station to 20k I think gas stations are a great idea but right now 10k for 10 mins is really bad and not worth it. At 20k we might see more action come from them.

Cops never come to Kavala as is, the economy would suffer purely from me alone spam robbing gas station for 20k every 10 minutes.

• Add tactical vest to clothing store for all players I don't see any reason why this would be an issue. I could be wrong.

I don't think it would be wise giving access to armor to every new player with a rook. I like the fact player have to at least have a license for either rebel or bounty hunter factions to access armor.

• Change Asylum Exchange relisting to allow price change and stop virtual items counting toward your physical item limit Not sure if these are intended or a bug.

Sure ig.

• Fix sidechat shutting off randomly Sidechat will sometimes just shut off on its own over and over and its very annoying.

Every single developer would just tell you "Make a bug report."

asylumdevsamiright 🙄

• Fix tilda Not sure if this is broken or a skill issue but it would be nice for it to work consistently. 

Great idea, so much so that I already suggested this over a year ago. Either its not possible or the developers don't possess the ability to do this.

• Fix drop option in vehicle It doesn't seem to allow you to drop items out of the vehicle inventory even though there is an option for it.

The way it is phrased here I assumed you meant dropping items while you're currently inside the vehicle, which would be absolutely crazy if I could just drop suitcases on every car behind me. However if you meant drop items from the vehicle inventory onto the ground whilst you're outside the vehicle then sure ig.

• Show when a house owner was last active on the house menu Not sure if this would cause issues but I know it would be nice if you were looking to try to buy a certain valuable house and might help fight house hoggers. And give people a reason to drive around in the world and check houses.

Would remove the current hunt of finding market priced houses. Could use this to find an enemy players house by cross referencing their last activity on battlemetrics to when potential houses were last active.

• Make some of the unused jobs more profitable but require expensive equipment Make jobs like oil or salt more profitable but require very expensive equipment like market items such as the pickaxe but high cost or special expensive vehicles or vehicle mods.

Only if there is some type of physical attribute trade off, IE: the expensive equipment is heavy and doesn't allow you to carry much on your person or doesn't allow the player to sprint while having it. Also their expensive equipment needs to be robbable for profit, inducing more risk. Legal jobs aren't meant to be more profitable than drugs, if there is more risk then there can be more profit allowed.

• Add purchasable persistent spawn clothing (not armor) Can buy clothing choice you always spawn in for a large amount of money.

Seems pretty useless and lame. A waste of developer time I'd even say. Also they'd probably put this behind an Asylum+ paywall.

• Add ATMs at some legal job sell points Some legal jobs could have an ATM at the sell point. For example an ATM at the jewelry store or commodities trader just to take some of the risk off and give a bit of a bonus to the less profitable legal jobs. I think this also makes sense from an RP perspective. 

Absolutely not, I would literally never be able to rob a player at jewelry store or any other legal sell point ever again.

• Asylum trading card game This could be as simple as collectable cards featuring notable players. Or maybe a playable game on the website/discord. Maybe with some sort of benefits for collecting/winning games.

Ik deep down you just want to own a rando playing card but this sounds stupid as fuck.

• Add a tutorial NPC We need an in-depth tutorial NPC/large sign that is hard to miss right in plain sight in main cities explaining all the basics of the game. Most players do not want to use the Wiki that is not fun for most and breaks immersion. They are much more likely to read things on an NPC in my opinion. NPC possibly also has starter quest like objectives. This may seem like a little thing but I think this is actually a huge problem. I see players all the time with no idea what to do and they get bored and leave or just wander aimlessly. Maybe they didn't even see the message about the Wiki on the starting screen and don't even know it exists. But they probably won't miss the NPC and large sign.

An NPC is useless if new players don't even know to go to the NPC. On screen GUI elements that require new players to click a checkbox confirming that they've actually read tutorial information would be better.

• Make gear lootable (except police gear) This is obviously controversial. I have heard many arguments against it but I think they are weak and this mechanic would be so much fun. After a player has fully died (5 min rev timer up/executed) the gear drops and will despawn eventually like briefcases. These are the arguments I've heard against it. 1 Because then people will RDM you for your gear but RDMers already kill people for no gain and you lose your gear anyway. And if an RDMer takes it you even have a chance of getting it back. 2 It would be bad for the economy. I don't think it would come close to touching the amount of money put into the economy by drug runs which is millions on millions. My understanding is 10 kills is a relatively high number of kills for a single cartel fighter on fully kitted players a restart. Which at an average of 30k a kit (this number obviously could vary a lot) would be a 300k value assuming they collected and brought all these kits back to a house/exchange. Thats not that much money and honestly seems balanced for 4 hours and like a fair reward to cartel fighters as I believe the cartels themselves aren't that profitable. And I think this is a relatively extreme example so the real numbers would be lower across all players usually. 3 Performance, but I think having items drop and despawn like briefcases might solve this though I'm not sure. 4 It's a money sink. I just don't think people would be saving that much money from this and plenty of people are still going to be buying kits. I might be missing the real arguments against it because I'm not sure why this decision was made. Maybe just try it out for a week or two?

The only way this could ever work is if it was restricted to being in redzones only. Even then I still foresee some crazy problems coming from that.

Add the ability to list house keys for sale Add an option to sell house keys on the house menu. It would be nice for perm keys to display as for sale when inspecting a house and could be very profitable. 

Cool but, "Hey random civ pay 100k for keys to my house" *Civ buys keys* "Im removing your access to the house" *Civ loses 100k*

Fix sidechat shutting off randomly Sidechat will sometimes just shut off on its own over and over and its very annoying.

Turn off streamer mode

UberGaming likes this
8 minutes ago, Patato said:

Its NEVER happening, To facilitate the looting of gear EVERYTHING needs an overhaul (Unless were talking about dropping one item 1% of the time or somthing)

a random chance to drop a piece of equipment or clothes would be interesting but yeah i figured everything would need to be re written for the before.

Just now, Clark556 said:

a random chance to drop a piece of equipment or clothes would be interesting but yeah i figured everything would need to be re written for the before.

Its not so much a re-write. Its just why would a group who already won the fight, got the reward (Whether it be gang fort/cartel/turf/ect) then get to loot the field for even more profit. You're just promoting mindless robbing of new playes. Endless sidechat cartel of "hehe got ur stuff".
Just look at how toxic you all are with ifrits. Watch it be the same with every dead body on the map.
no thanks

34 minutes ago, Patato said:

Its not so much a re-write. Its just why would a group who already won the fight, got the reward (Whether it be gang fort/cartel/turf/ect) then get to loot the field for even more profit. You're just promoting mindless robbing of new playes. Endless sidechat cartel of "hehe got ur stuff".
Just look at how toxic you all are with ifrits. Watch it be the same with every dead body on the map.
no thanks

hey man i don't drive ifrits :( but yeah i get the idea.

Edited by Clark556

@王 rando 王 Thanks for acknowledging you think some of these suggestions are at least okay and not just saying they're all dogwater. Though I don't agree with most of your analysis such as doing gas stations every ten minutes because they take 10 minutes to do then there is a 10 minute cooldown. 

@zdeatGood point. Though you can already do that under that current system, maybe my suggestion would seem misleading or easier facilitate scamming. However I don't think that's necessarily enough of a reason to not implement it. Also, what do you mean by disable streamer mode? My Arma stream friendly UI is disabled, I can't find a setting in the phone, and I assume you don't mean discord as I also do not have that running.

@PatatoI'm not sure if you were serious but I think that's a great idea gear being lootable for a cost equal to that of the gear. It would save you the time of going to rebel and still be very fun. It might even cause people to spend more money than they normally would and be a good money sink too. Youd even have a better chance at getting a rare gun. 

Edited by TaylorSwift
9 hours ago, TaylorSwift said:

@王 rando 王 Thanks for acknowledging you think some of these suggestions are at least okay and not just saying they're all dogwater. Though I don't agree with most of your analysis such as doing gas stations every ten minutes because they take 10 minutes to do then there is a 10 minute cooldown. 

@zdeatGood point. Though you can already do that under that current system, maybe my suggestion would seem misleading or easier facilitate scamming. However I don't think that's necessarily enough of a reason to not implement it. Also, what do you mean by disable streamer mode? My Arma stream friendly UI is disabled, I can't find a setting in the phone, and I assume you don't mean discord as I also do not have that running.

@PatatoI'm not sure if you were serious but I think that's a great idea gear being lootable for a cost equal to that of the gear. It would save you the time of going to rebel and still be very fun. It might even cause people to spend more money than they normally would and be a good money sink too. Youd even have a better chance at getting a rare gun. 

Ur a clown. Hang bud

On 9/8/2023 at 9:30 PM, TaylorSwift said:

Make some of the unused jobs more profitable but require expensive equipment Make jobs like oil or salt more profitable but require very expensive equipment like market items such as the pickaxe but high cost or special expensive vehicles or vehicle mods.

Add ATMs at some legal job sell points Some legal jobs could have an ATM at the sell point. For example an ATM at the jewelry store or commodities trader just to take some of the risk off and give a bit of a bonus to the less profitable legal jobs. I think this also makes sense from an RP perspective. 

Buff gas station to 20k I think gas stations are a great idea but right now 10k for 10 mins is really bad and not worth it. At 20k we might see more action come from them.

I like these three a lot

Can you just list meth mats on exchange dude, wtf

On 9/8/2023 at 11:30 PM, TaylorSwift said:

Give tempests or another vehicle or all vehicles the ability to process all of the trunk at once standing outside of it (takes the same amount of time) It would take the same amount of time just all in one process. This would only save time of swapping inventories and would be a nice quality of life change. This could also lead to interesting situations because if you die processing it will be reset.

This was already suggested and approved and I'm still waiting for it.

I might actually run drugs again. After using this feature on Oly I really cba to run anything on Asylum

On 9/10/2023 at 8:34 PM, Clark556 said:

Maybe a way to "Chop shop the gear"? i mean idk thats probably way to complex 

Apex Predator lets you do this with your bounty. Can rob 2ndary weapon + grenades and Y on anyone. Wish I could full strip every player if I take them to Skip.

@OB1When I started I was selling mats every day. Then my mats didn't sell for a month at $125-140 per. Then I lowered the price to $115 per and a days farm didn't sell for a week. On top of that people still wanted to undercut me at $115 per and everyone nagged me to go lower and at $115 its almost not worth it for me. So I started doing other things but maybe I'll try to dedicate one day to putting some mats up because I've been getting a few messages about it as it seems the undercutters weren't very reliable sellers. 

@KawaiiThanks

@DoombaCool though it seems they approved a significantly worse version of the idea in my opinion. Needing to stay in your car the whole time is a really big nerf. If you could stay outside your car within the drug processor radius like normal you would at least have some chance to defend yourself. Again this wouldn't decrease the risk of processing except I suppose for the few seconds you are not in the trunk menu watching your surroundings? Debatably this increases risk because as many including myself have noted if you die up to an entire trunks worth of progress is reset. Also when sitting in a car processing and trouble comes you have the option to either drive off and lose your progress or get out and fight and lose your progress. If you could process from outside the vehicle within the normal processing radius you would be incentivized to stay and fight to keep your progress. Also considering your movement restrictions you are most likely at a disadvantage. This increases the likelihood of a fight rather than a chase which could potentially end in a drown vehicle and therefore a more beneficial outcome for robbers. Not to mention processors like meth lab where it's difficult or even possible to get a vehicle close to the processor or scroll wheel them from inside the vehicle. Though this could have solutions with both methods. 

Yes Apex Predator lets you do this and that would be awkward for bounty hunters who worked toward that ability given stripping for everyone was added. Though Patato suggested (perhaps jokingly) gear could be stripped for the cost of the gear which wouldn't make Apex Predator strictly worse and I think that's a great idea. 

Kawaii likes this
5 hours ago, TaylorSwift said:

@OB1When I started I was selling mats every day. Then my mats didn't sell for a month at $125-140 per. Then I lowered the price to $115 per and a days farm didn't sell for a week. On top of that people still wanted to undercut me at $115 per and everyone nagged me to go lower and at $115 its almost not worth it for me. So I started doing other things but maybe I'll try to dedicate one day to putting some mats up because I've been getting a few messages about it as it seems the undercutters weren't very reliable sellers. 

Yeah exactly

Reliable&consistent > cheaper

• 3 weeks later...

A lot to unpack in this,
I'm going to refer to 

•  Sure

• Currently not possible as these are handled thru battle metrics 
    • This is an admin event, its going to stay that way. someone answered this above but TLDR. if it wasn't special it wouldn't be used. You're never going to have enough sitting in que to play this after the first week or two
    • Similar idea previously approved, long down the list of things we want to do.
    • We will not be pursuing this one
    • Check FAQ
    • No
    • If its possible/Make a bug report
    • Been an issue since before i was dev, if we knew why it would be fixed. Phone -> Settings -> Sidechat -> Toggle off/on to fix. We are aware of the issue but again, no idea why
    • No one has been able to articulate to me how Tilda is broken/what changed. Theirs nothing for me to revert so i don't understand what the issue is.  
    • It would blow you up, so it was disabled maybe fixed one day
    • We will not be doing this
    • See FAQ
    • Interesting idea, putting it on the back burner
    • Need specific locations
    • Were focusing on getting players in game and playing, I could be wrong but I don't think a single dev here is interested in making a playing card game
    • We have a tutorial, It spams the fuck out of you if you're a new player + phone app. It does a pretty good job + safe mode
    • Just no man, Answered this above. its never happening