Requesting information on bugs and broken things

Hello,

I'm currently requesting information on any outstanding bugs, exploits, and non-working or otherwise broken game mechanics. I believe I've gotten most of the well-known issues out of the way during my short time here, but there is likely still work to be done.

If you have found an issue with the ALTIS mission, please post it in this thread and I will do my best to respond with a fix or a statement about the issue.

Edited by KBW
Feenix, Nex, Sergio and 10 others like this

Two issues I've experienced in the past:

1. My friend dropped his Katiba on the ground for me. I picked it up with the scroll wheel menu. It disappeared from the game.

2. Right clicking on the Katiba's caseless mag while it's in my house crate makes it just disappear instead of being loaded into the gun. I have to drag it into my backpack and then reload the gun to properly load the ammo.

Not sure if these bugs are Katiba specific, all I really use is Katibas so...

4 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Thanks for all the great work!

Currently, the biggest issue for me, is the risk of getting wiped when you get the "received information"-screen. It seems to wipe war points and war kills whenever players get synced while having that screen.

Also, drug cartel by heroin pool needs a vehicle spawn point.

Would be good to move the flag, it took me like 5 minutes to get the vehicle garage option and then theres no spawn. Its stuck in plants.

Rodrigo likes this
Just now, Blacklight said:

Two issues I've experienced in the past:

1. My friend dropped his Katiba on the ground for me. I picked it up with the scroll wheel menu. It disappeared from the game.

2. Right clicking on the Katiba's caseless mag while it's in my house crate makes it just disappear instead of being loaded into the gun. I have to drag it into my backpack and then reload the gun to properly load the ammo.

Not sure if these bugs are Katiba specific, all I really use is Katibas so...

These sound like bohemia issues to me. I've experienced similar to #1 in the past.

Just now, Boris said:

Storing a blown up vehicle then pulling it and re-storing it turns it into a new vehicle, 100% fuel and no damage.

The amount of people who store blown up orcas is immense.

A fix for this is deployed for our next update, thanks for the report.

4 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Currently, the biggest issue for me, is the risk of getting wiped when you get the "received information"-screen. It seems to wipe war points and war kills whenever players get synced while having that screen.

Also, drug cartel by heroin pool needs a vehicle spawn point.

The vehicle spawn point at this cartel will be added for the next update. The wiping issue will require further investigation.

Bikstok, DJB and Vash like this
12 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Happened to me three times. Very frustrating.

3 minutes ago, wr4thx said:

might be an arma bug, sometimes when i unholster or holster as im running i get stuck in a running phase and i cant get out of it unless i hit tab or unholster, holster again

Indeed, the latest and greatest of the arma bugs.

4 minutes ago, Zorrak said:

The sgt+ prestige perk "Master Combat Medic" that lets you override the 5 min revive timer, doesnt work because the dead person is unable to request a medic 

A fix will be deployed.

Two bugs I notice a lot -- On civilian, being crouched while holstering a pistol will often glitch me in some way. Either by the animation continuing to holster, unholster, reholster etc until I manually pull the gun out, stand up, and holster it that way, or by making me run forward. The former is more common than the latter.

Second glitch has been mentioned a few times -- If you start to blood bag someone who runs away and it fails, you often cannot open up your phone (I've also been unable to lock my vehicles, press 8 on a call or use other shortcuts) until you have done a successful action, like repairing a vehicle, feeding painkillers or the like. I've only experienced this on EMT, don't know if Civs have the same problem. 

Edited by blaylocke

Swat still bugged, very unreliable on basis of global msg, spawning in far to quick for others to deploy and apparently for those who are not white listed are receiving  the Message for swat

and swat needs first aid kits 

Edited by Smee

Undercover officers spawn with a random Y inventory after each spawn/death. I'm not a big fan of having 3 defibs on me at one time, a little overkill in my opinion... Other then that at the moment, great fucking working buddy, keep on kicking the bugs in the ass!

Churu likes this

The animation for repairing vehicles, blood bagging, blood transfusing is bugged. Make it not look like I'm drunk waving my gun around. 

Any time someone deposits any cash they are left with into their bank account, 95% of the time they are left with $0.5, or $0.2476. It annoys the hell out of people and my OCD goes on the fritz when seeing it. 

Edited by What zit tooya
24 minutes ago, blaylocke said:

Two bugs I notice a lot -- On civilian, being crouched while holstering a pistol will often glitch me in some way. Either by the animation continuing to holster, unholster, reholster etc until I manually pull the gun out, stand up, and holster it that way, or by making me run forward. The former is more common than the latter.

Second glitch has been mentioned a few times -- If you start to blood bag someone who runs away and it fails, you often cannot open up your phone (I've also been unable to lock my vehicles, press 8 on a call or use other shortcuts) until you have done a successful action, like repairing a vehicle, feeding painkillers or the like. I've only experienced this on EMT, don't know if Civs have the same problem. 

#1 is a bohemia bug

A fix is being deployed in our next patch for #2.

17 minutes ago, Smee said:

Swat still bugged, very unreliable on basis of global msg, spawning in far to quick for others to deploy and apparently for those who are not white listed are receiving  the Message for swat

and swat needs first aid kits 

I believe you may be partially confused. The global message isn't global - the number of people getting the message is directly proportionate to the number of civs on-site. For the timing of when the spawn takes place, you may choose to wait for your comrades to spawn. Prior to this the complaint was that it took too long to spawn. Finally, anyone corporal and above is now eligible for swat deployment, in addition to constables who are whitelisted for swat.

First aids will be added.

Edited by KBW
34 minutes ago, Boris said:

The rebel clothing market takes debit cards, but the weapon shop needs real cash.

The change there being the clothing market needs to accept cash-only.

Rebels are cash-only places of business. (for non-vehicle things anyway)

9 minutes ago, Patrick James said:

Undercover officers spawn with a random Y inventory after each spawn/death. I'm not a big fan of having 3 defibs on me at one time, a little overkill in my opinion... Other then that at the moment, great fucking working buddy, keep on kicking the bugs in the ass!

The issue was found and a fix will be deployed.

32 minutes ago, Boris said:

Dying in a chopper explosion leaves no corpse.

It's possible to block all vehicle spawns in donor town by pulling 3 quadbikes.

The rebel clothing market takes debit cards, but the weapon shop needs real cash.

I've put in code to address all 3 of these for the next update. #1 may be a speculative fix.

Norwegianviking and Sergio like this
55 minutes ago, Miss Evo said:

expect there's a very easy fix for this

I do not have permission to view that post, you will have to explain it.

58 minutes ago, What zit tooya said:

The animation for repairing vehicles, blood bagging, blood transfusing is bugged. Make it not look like I'm drunk waving my gun around. 

Any time someone deposits any cash they are left with into their bank account, 95% of the time they are left with $0.5, or $0.2476. It annoys the hell out of people and my OCD goes on the fritz when seeing it. 

Attempting a speculative fix for #1. #2 is meh.

13 minutes ago, Drew said:

If you crash, basically blow up and die in the pilot seat of a helicopter. The clean up script cleans up your body as well. I've lost multiple loadouts due to this. I wish this could be fixed.

Someone mentioned this above, I am attempting a speculative fix.

Would it be possible to bring back cops searching backpacks of restrained players as well as vehicles? We weren't able to look into backpacks and vehicles awhile back after a certain patch, forgot which one. Get's annoying when players turn themselves in leaving a gun inside their vehicles and we can't look into them which also includes backpacks I'm pretty sure.

RedNecked likes this
17 minutes ago, Slittcer said:

Would it be possible to bring back cops searching backpacks of restrained players as well as vehicles? We weren't able to look into backpacks and vehicles awhile back after a certain patch, forgot which one. Get's annoying when players turn themselves in leaving a gun inside their vehicles and we can't look into them which also includes backpacks I'm pretty sure.

...let them keep their fucking gun if they're turning themselves in. 

As for a bug : when getting killed/deactivating SWAT, your character either still thinks it's carrying a metric fuckload of weight, or has a toe scrape and as a result the weapon sway is immense. 

Not sure if it's a Bohemia or Asylum bug, but having to suicide or stop by the medic on the way back to the bank is a bit tedious. 

Edited by epTic