Reporting system needs streamlining

At present, the report system is slow, clunky, and only really catches repeat offenders, admins appear too lazy when they're on to check logs and go to the few cases it appears to be and deal with what they can, instead sitting around TS or just generally ignoring player reports. I have gotten the excuse of "Oh we can't check voice logs" and "Get Shadowplay" when you shouldn't require a third party software entirely for standard play in a public server, it just doesn't work nor does it appeal to legitimate players. I'm definitely not the first person to bring this up, and I better not get a flat "The system is staying as it is, too bad" kind of reply. I want to hear a constructive argument as to how the way the current repot system is set up is somehow beneficial to the general population of the server.

[CoRe]Redrum likes this

Let's hear an alternative then @Gavir

The current system has been in place for just over 3 years, and while it may or may not have its flaws, works pretty well, we put many many bans in per day, and deal with repeat offenders on a harsher basis for each time they receive a ban.

I'm curious as to what you think about the system in more detail, what specifically do you not like? What logs do you specifically think we have access to that we are too lazy to check?

BaDaBiNg_10-8 likes this

Check the logs? Because someone is shown downing you or killing you is not evidence for a player report of a server violation. The Admin team does a lot you don't see, I ban alone ban anywhere from 7 to 10 people a day by just playing under an alias and watching people. We can't help you unless you help your self, make a report with evidence, and stop making excuses. 

DreamC, Silver-Spy and Vortex like this

Bruh this isn't league of legends where it clear cut text logs only. Admins can't sit in every location on the server 24/7 waiting for people to break the rules and they certainly can't ban people just based on peoples word alone. There's nothing you or anybody else can do to change the current system other than admins can be more active. But seeing as admins have lives as well and are not payed to run this server, your shit out of luck.

Jigawatt, Dredge and BaDaBiNg_10-8 like this

Before gnashes locks this, id like to add a little feedback... Right now the reporting process works, but holy fuck its annoying. Having to go the the template post, copy paste it, go back to our post, copy paste it in, get all the info and fill in all the (seemingly) useless "boxes"

why cant we just post a video and a sentence or two of what happened?

Jwilly likes this
Just now, Tiefman said:

Because 30 seconds of your time (server, PlayerID, Date, Time) saves an Admin 5-10 minutes of digging for that shit.

49 minutes ago, HapHazard said:

Let's hear an alternative then @Gavir

The current system has been in place for just over 3 years, and while it may or may not have its flaws, works pretty well, we put many many bans in per day, and deal with repeat offenders on a harsher basis for each time they receive a ban.

I'm curious as to what you think about the system in more detail, what specifically do you not like? What logs do you specifically think we have access to that we are too lazy to check?

There seems to be no occurence of admins actually caring enough to investigate when someone has shown to kill the same person over and over, or has killed a significant amount of people who are entirely uncorrelated. I sat around just today in Pyrgos watching one guy shoot at people WHILE saying "Hands up hands up!" and not a single admin would be bothered to see this sudden influx of one person committing kills. Not one admin has done more than say "Where's your 5 minute video proof?"

If you want to hear a better system you would have admins have to be actually performing only administrative tasks while on an admin-only tag or on duty, not doing half-and-half jumping in and out of their player situations. This would allow a single dedicated admin to investigate and even deal with things on case-by-case basis. As an admin on some servers myself in varying games from Arma 3 to Garry's Mod to even MOUNT AND BLADE, taking the extra step as an admin to deal with issues goes a long way. Sometimes, even as an admin I just ask someone what their reason to kill another person is, and sometimes they just didn't realize they broke the rules and it can be dealt with there and then.

42 minutes ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Check the logs? Because someone is shown downing you or killing you is not evidence for a player report of a server violation. The Admin team does a lot you don't see, I ban alone ban anywhere from 7 to 10 people a day by just playing under an alias and watching people. We can't help you unless you help your self, make a report with evidence, and stop making excuses. 

If you're banning just 7 to 10 people a day on such a large population server with how out of whack the system is, that's slow...That is also assuming you spent at least 4 hours performing as an admin on the server in such day. The "Report with evidence" is even denied if we're less than 5 minutes, and that's referring to a suggestion made by Gedizz which was my basis for my "I better not get the flat out too bad response". I've seen servers with smaller active admins manage to do more and that is saddening to think of. The more you bog down a system with bureaucracy, the more you dissatisfy players who all just eventually become paranoid snap-shooters and everyone devolves into the "Hands up" to get the fun out of shooting someone.

Plus, if someone is repeatedly in a 10 minute timespan killing the same person, it could even be considered spawn-killing really.

Then again, the no-limits hands-up mugging kind of crap is another story...

Edited by Gavir
1 hour ago, CrossFade said:

its nice when u report someone for 3-5 combat logs and each time they come back in they rdm get Action Taken and you see them online the next day :D 

Its nice when you get banned and go plead your case to an admin a couple hours later and get unbanned. And then look the guy who reported you dead in the eyes and say 'action taken' right before you pull the trigger.

3 hours ago, Gavir said:

There seems to be no occurence of admins actually caring enough to investigate when someone has shown to kill the same person over and over, or has killed a significant amount of people who are entirely uncorrelated. I sat around just today in Pyrgos watching one guy shoot at people WHILE saying "Hands up hands up!" and not a single admin would be bothered to see this sudden influx of one person committing kills. Not one admin has done more than say "Where's your 5 minute video proof?"

If you want to hear a better system you would have admins have to be actually performing only administrative tasks while on an admin-only tag or on duty, not doing half-and-half jumping in and out of their player situations. This would allow a single dedicated admin to investigate and even deal with things on case-by-case basis. As an admin on some servers myself in varying games from Arma 3 to Garry's Mod to even MOUNT AND BLADE, taking the extra step as an admin to deal with issues goes a long way. Sometimes, even as an admin I just ask someone what their reason to kill another person is, and sometimes they just didn't realize they broke the rules and it can be dealt with there and then.

If you're banning just 7 to 10 people a day on such a large population server with how out of whack the system is, that's slow...That is also assuming you spent at least 4 hours performing as an admin on the server in such day. The "Report with evidence" is even denied if we're less than 5 minutes, and that's referring to a suggestion made by Gedizz which was my basis for my "I better not get the flat out too bad response". I've seen servers with smaller active admins manage to do more and that is saddening to think of. The more you bog down a system with bureaucracy, the more you dissatisfy players who all just eventually become paranoid snap-shooters and everyone devolves into the "Hands up" to get the fun out of shooting someone.

Plus, if someone is repeatedly in a 10 minute timespan killing the same person, it could even be considered spawn-killing really.

You've been on the server(s) for how long? ^_^

Boonie Hat likes this
5 hours ago, Gavir said:

So you want the admins to stop playing the game to cater to your needs?  Not going to happen, if they're out having fun they're going to continue to have fun. This is why we have a process for reporting players.

5 hours ago, Gavir said:

Admins are only allowed to be admins and not play the game? Get the fuck out with that.... Seriously.  Admins will deal with things that arise as they see fit, I've seen multiple admins go to areas of concern and watch, but they cant prove someone is not initiating RP thru the different means when someone dies without proof from that person that it was not initiated.  

5 hours ago, Gavir said:

If he is banning 7-10 people on a server with 100 while just playing I think hes doing a great job.  He is in the game having fun and is still taking time out of that to remove some trash from the server. Thanks @BaDaBiNg_10-8 for taking your play time to deal with shit.

5 hours ago, Gavir said:

Plus, if someone is repeatedly in a 10 minute timespan killing the same person, it could even be considered spawn-killing reallyThen again, the no-limits hands-up mugging kind of crap is another story...

Since thats not against the rules so long as they tell you hands up or die first I dont see a problem here. I would suggest not spawning in the same spot over and over if they're is someone doing that.

11 hours ago, Gavir said:

and I better not get a flat "The system is staying as it is, too bad" kind of reply. 

The system has been this way for 3 years and is staying as it is. Too bad.

With this being said, I'd say take it with a grain of salt, and use shadowplay. Honestly this system has been in place as long as i remember, i've also played Asylum for quite a while. I've been banned by the system also. Because of shadowplay. If you have a potato for a PC and you can't record then that's not the fault of the admins. They aren't here to babysit every single person on all the servers.. You have to think about it.. there's 5 servers. if each server is full thats 500 people. You think a staff of 28 admins/mods combined (Not counting CMS and Devs/Contributers) is going to be on at all times of the day to watch every single player? No, Theres EU admins/mods, and also NA admins/mods ALL of which have a life out side of Asylum. Most have a family, jobs, college etc. This is a VOLUNTEER thing, they aren't paid to do this. They do it because they enjoy it. So you can see why they don't just sit around behind the computer and monitor logs all day. Whats the fun in that? They get off work and want to have fun, while having fun they are still able to do there job in game and through player reports. That is the whole point of having a Player Reporting System. Now if you can come up with something better than by all means suggest it. But like I stated above.. The system has been this way for 3 years or more.. It's staying as it is.. TOO BAD..

Edited by Goku
8 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

@BaDaBiNg_10-8 I'm confused at ur comment... U said u ban 7-10 just by watching? So as a admin if u see someone (as far as you can tell) get rdmed u can ban without the person ever filing a report? And without 5min video?

Typically those banned in game are for CL or RDM on the admin himself. 

12 hours ago, Gavir said:

At present, the report system is slow, clunky, and only really catches repeat offenders, admins appear too lazy when they're on to check logs and go to the few cases it appears to be and deal with what they can, instead sitting around TS or just generally ignoring player reports. I have gotten the excuse of "Oh we can't check voice logs" and "Get Shadowplay" when you shouldn't require a third party software entirely for standard play in a public server, it just doesn't work nor does it appeal to legitimate players. I'm definitely not the first person to bring this up, and I better not get a flat "The system is staying as it is, too bad" kind of reply. I want to hear a constructive argument as to how the way the current repot system is set up is somehow beneficial to the general population of the server.

It's volunteering when taking the position of admin or moderator. It's also your responsibility to be able to prove whether something is against server rules. It's not like they have cameras setup ingame and can replay an event that happened specifically to you, that's why it says to have sufficient evidence to have action taken on a report. I honestly doubt you have someone catering to all of your needs in real life so don't always expect it on here either.

36 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Probably the best system possible.  But Asylum needs to do a much better job getting rid of repeat offenders.  That's the main problem.

#empathy

It's not worth getting certain individual's empathy cock shoved down your throat when you tell someone to eat their well deserved ban because they run to mommy and daddy.

There is literally no other system you can use. The same system Asylum has is literally used by 99% of Life servers as well. You submit a long enough video, they review and decide, then ban. What can you change about that? It's not their job to check the logs just because someone told them they can't be asked recording.

The only thing Asylum Admins need to start doing is, being much stricter after they ban someone. If someone has clearly broken the rules, no explanation needed, let them sit out the time they was given. Currently it is way to easy to speak to a Admin, get unbanned after 4 hours, when you clearly broke the rules, get back on the servers and start breaking rules again until you get unlucky and reported again. Sure if the evidence submitted looks like it can be a 2 way thing with a explanation, look into it and then issue a unban, but if its clear rule breaking, a "sorry" "won't happen again" shouldn't get you unbanned.

Just now, Haych said:

The only thing Asylum Admins need to start doing is, being much stricter after they ban someone. If someone has clearly broken the rules, no explanation needed, let them sit out the time they was given.

The way it is now is the way the people with authority want it to work.

I haven't always agreed with it; which is why I always stuck to banning dupers to keep people off of my back.

But yes, the actual system itself is the best possible way to handle it with a volunteer staff group. A ticket system would be nice, but would have to be built from the ground up / paid for.

13 hours ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

yes yes he does

BaDaBiNg_10-8 likes this

@Gavir I don't know how long you have been on the Asylum server or how much actually know about what the administrators do.

But if you got some clever suggestions feel free to give them, other than that you will just get some spicy replies because you are being quite rude here.

I really appreciate what the admins do, it's their own time and without them we wouldn't be have altis life, it would be a wasteland with money farming.

BioHazard likes this
18 hours ago, Tiefman said:

Before gnashes locks this, id like to add a little feedback... Right now the reporting process works, but holy fuck its annoying. Having to go the the template post, copy paste it, go back to our post, copy paste it in, get all the info and fill in all the (seemingly) useless "boxes"

The purpose of streamlining and creating a format is so that admins have a standard template to work with. I can scan any player report from you or fred or santa and immediately find the pertinent information.

Example:

Format report-

Name: Frank

Time and Server: Server 3 at 11pm est

RDM

Non Format report-

Yo i was playing on this server and this guy was an asshole rdming me. and he may have combat logged but after he downed me he just made me really angry and i need comp for this when you get done banning him forever because i cant believe admins didnt ban him right away. also here is a picture of me on the dead screen requesting a medic so you can see that i was rdmd.

Hopefully you can distinguish where admins may have a hard time dealing with the second method (your proposed method). A format ensures that we can review all of the PERTINENT information in a streamlined process to help us effectively provide fast action and therefore provide more support within a given time frame. Hopefully this explanation is sufficient for your needs. Thanks for your time. ^_^

18 hours ago, Gavir said:

1st Paragraph:

It is frustrating to hear people say this especially when they don't have a view of behind the scenes things that admins do for the servers. Granted not all situations require in depth investigation nor would they warrant it. Aside from that, there have been numerous times during my tenure where I had to spend a lot of free time to help resolve a particular issue. You're bold to say "not one admin has done more than say wheres your 5min video proof?" because you can't see behind the scenes! Admins DAILY VOLUNTEER free time to help keep the servers in a fun and healthy state within the confines of guidelines set up for us. The fact is I don't trust you nor any player when you say " I was RDMd and here is my 2minute video. Reasons: People lie all of the time to come out ahead or put others down; People are not fully understanding of the Asylum rules and the MANY situations that can unfold that require to look at the spirit of our rules and not just black and white words; People make mistakes. Don;t take this personally either, new players and veteran players alike fall in these categories. Some of my favorite people to play with wouldn't get me to ban someone on their word for the above reasons. So as a new player or an APD LT with a bunch of playtime, your word means the same thing to me in order to ensure the most balanced administrative action.

2nd paragraph:

Well as admins we still play the game and want to have fun! Your description is something along the lines of a paid job which this is definitely not. As an admin AND a player I always strive to create positive experiences for everyone in game. This means I do my best t have stellar RP and I also will pull aside people who threaten the overall fun player experience. The standard for sufficient evidence is set to 5minutes because that is how long RP lasts. For my above mentioned reasons all player must meet these guidelines for the varying reasons (trust, understanding of rules, mistakes). I wasnt there when you were shot and the video tells an unbiased story for admins to review. I'm not going to ban someone based on your understanding of the rules because maybe you don't know the rules just like they may not. I cannot rely on your knowledge because I don't know how you think! =)

3rd paragraph:

7 to 10 is actually a solid number of actions within a  playtime period. Sometimes this number fluctuates (people breaking rules isn't exactly always happening within sight of an admin or recording player). A ban has to be placed (this normally takes a few minutes) but then you have the appeal time. This is the more consuming part of putting bans in because it can vary so far and wide. You have first time offenders, you have the random excuses and lies, you sometimes have players who just needed a bump and made a bad decision, the repeat offenders need to be shaped and rerouted to follow the rules (this can be longer bans or an essay etc). The appeal process takes a lot of time because we need to hear each individual player out and figure out what went wrong. You are making it sound like we just put a ban in and move on to banning other players. The purpose is to help people understand the rules and to reform players who just make dumb decisions to try and get an edge or get back at others.

The system is complex and I appreciate you taking the time to voice your concerns. It is easy to sit back and say "the system sucks" "this shit is broken" when you aren't involved in the process OR when you don't have ideas to contribute to fix it. Hopefully this explanation helped you understand our perspective a little bit more. At least you can't say you got the "too bad response" when raising your concerns. Have a good day/night. ^_^

1 hour ago, Manolo said:

The only flaw with the reporting system is getting wrongfully banned! 

The current system is great for reporting anyone who breaks the rules, you just need to take a few minutes.

It's hard to wrongfully report someone. But I did just run into a situation where my friends and I were initiated with by a restrained person. He said something along the lines of 'let me go or my friends kill you' They rolled up on us 2 minutes later in a vehicle, I down them all and i get the 'you didn't initiate with me' from the people inside the car. Was unable to shadowplay for some reason.

Basically if you don't shadowplay you're kinda fucked on this server.

Donald likes this
10 hours ago, Goku said:

The system has been this way for 3 years and is staying as it is. Too bad.

With this being said, I'd say take it with a grain of salt, and use shadowplay. Honestly this system has been in place as long as i remember, i've also played Asylum for quite a while. I've been banned by the system also. Because of shadowplay. If you have a potato for a PC and you can't record then that's not the fault of the admins. They aren't here to babysit every single person on all the servers.. You have to think about it.. there's 5 servers. if each server is full thats 500 people. You think a staff of 28 admins/mods combined (Not counting CMS and Devs/Contributers) is going to be on at all times of the day to watch every single player? No, Theres EU admins/mods, and also NA admins/mods ALL of which have a life out side of Asylum. Most have a family, jobs, college etc. This is a VOLUNTEER thing, they aren't paid to do this. They do it because they enjoy it. So you can see why they don't just sit around behind the computer and monitor logs all day. Whats the fun in that? They get off work and want to have fun, while having fun they are still able to do there job in game and through player reports. That is the whole point of having a Player Reporting System. Now if you can come up with something better than by all means suggest it. But like I stated above.. The system has been this way for 3 years or more.. It's staying as it is.. TOO BAD..

A staff of 28 admins/mods regularly being on with access to things like kills, timestamps, even texts or player damages can do a lot more than just waiting in TS without even being on the server just looking for 5 minute videos and ignoring anything less because it "wastes time"

2 hours ago, Sneaky said:

1st Paragraph:

It is frustrating to hear people say this especially when they don't have a view of behind the scenes things that admins do for the servers. Granted not all situations require in depth investigation nor would they warrant it. Aside from that, there have been numerous times during my tenure where I had to spend a lot of free time to help resolve a particular issue. You're bold to say "not one admin has done more than say wheres your 5min video proof?" because you can't see behind the scenes! Admins DAILY VOLUNTEER free time to help keep the servers in a fun and healthy state within the confines of guidelines set up for us. The fact is I don't trust you nor any player when you say " I was RDMd and here is my 2minute video. Reasons: People lie all of the time to come out ahead or put others down; People are not fully understanding of the Asylum rules and the MANY situations that can unfold that require to look at the spirit of our rules and not just black and white words; People make mistakes. Don;t take this personally either, new players and veteran players alike fall in these categories. Some of my favorite people to play with wouldn't get me to ban someone on their word for the above reasons. So as a new player or an APD LT with a bunch of playtime, your word means the same thing to me in order to ensure the most balanced administrative action.

2nd paragraph:

Well as admins we still play the game and want to have fun! Your description is something along the lines of a paid job which this is definitely not. As an admin AND a player I always strive to create positive experiences for everyone in game. This means I do my best t have stellar RP and I also will pull aside people who threaten the overall fun player experience. The standard for sufficient evidence is set to 5minutes because that is how long RP lasts. For my above mentioned reasons all player must meet these guidelines for the varying reasons (trust, understanding of rules, mistakes). I wasnt there when you were shot and the video tells an unbiased story for admins to review. I'm not going to ban someone based on your understanding of the rules because maybe you don't know the rules just like they may not. I cannot rely on your knowledge because I don't know how you think! =)

3rd paragraph:

7 to 10 is actually a solid number of actions within a  playtime period. Sometimes this number fluctuates (people breaking rules isn't exactly always happening within sight of an admin or recording player). A ban has to be placed (this normally takes a few minutes) but then you have the appeal time. This is the more consuming part of putting bans in because it can vary so far and wide. You have first time offenders, you have the random excuses and lies, you sometimes have players who just needed a bump and made a bad decision, the repeat offenders need to be shaped and rerouted to follow the rules (this can be longer bans or an essay etc). The appeal process takes a lot of time because we need to hear each individual player out and figure out what went wrong. You are making it sound like we just put a ban in and move on to banning other players. The purpose is to help people understand the rules and to reform players who just make dumb decisions to try and get an edge or get back at others.

The system is complex and I appreciate you taking the time to voice your concerns. It is easy to sit back and say "the system sucks" "this shit is broken" when you aren't involved in the process OR when you don't have ideas to contribute to fix it. Hopefully this explanation helped you understand our perspective a little bit more. At least you can't say you got the "too bad response" when raising your concerns. Have a good day/night. ^_^

1st. You missed my statement in regards to the quote being about dealing with admins on my own basis, not the other ones who actually watch and see the direct RDMs.

2nd. Admins should still decide whether they're going to be an admin or a player when they enter the server, my whole argument was that they can't dip half-way in and expect to be effective in either. I'm not saying the admins lack their families and all of that, I'm saying that if they think they have the ability to administrate they should dedicate to it when they are able to.

Finally. I'm not just saying "This system sucks" I'm saying it needs more help to be effective and is incredibly clunky. It's suffering from the bureaucracy effect where you become more and more impartial that you get TOO objective and can't make proper judgements and everything is paperwork based to get anything done.

8 hours ago, RexProcer said:

This tells us everything we need to know about you.

Ah yes, the pepe donald trump meme judging me...

1 hour ago, Gavir said:

A staff of 28 admins/mods regularly being on with access to things like kills, timestamps, even texts or player damages can do a lot more than just waiting in TS without even being on the server just looking for 5 minute videos and ignoring anything less because it "wastes time"

1st. You missed my statement in regards to the quote being about dealing with admins on my own basis, not the other ones who actually watch and see the direct RDMs.

2nd. Admins should still decide whether they're going to be an admin or a player when they enter the server, my whole argument was that they can't dip half-way in and expect to be effective in either. I'm not saying the admins lack their families and all of that, I'm saying that if they think they have the ability to administrate they should dedicate to it when they are able to.

Finally. I'm not just saying "This system sucks" I'm saying it needs more help to be effective and is incredibly clunky. It's suffering from the bureaucracy effect where you become more and more impartial that you get TOO objective and can't make proper judgements and everything is paperwork based to get anything done.

1st Section:

This is where you aren't fully understanding the situation. Admins are volunteers who come in and out at differing times. They all have a life, family, FT job and other hobbies to attend to. Asylum is something we enjoy on the side as a hobby and being an admin is something we have chosen to spend extra time to contribute to. Once again you say there is more we can do without really reading what I sent to you. 1) You do not know the way things work behind the scenes. 2) You aren't presenting any actual ideas! =P

2nd:

That makes absolutely no sense as this is a volunteer position. When I play in game I am a player and an admin when the situation calls for it. I play the game to get a break from my real life just like everyone else but I also have the ABILITY to maintain server health when opportunities present themselves. Sometimes admins just sit in game waiting to help people and responding to claims of RDM and players with other problems. Other times admins stop playing just to help deal with an issue. You can ask anyone who plays cop with me and they will confirm that I am doing admin stuff very often. What you are requesting is a personal admin to prevent anyone from doing you wrong. It just isn't possible or feasible and that is why the reporting system is in place. Yes you have to deal with someone breaking the rules but often times with sufficient evidence there will be delayed action taken on the rule breaker. It will always be like this unless you want to pay for a personal admin. Shit I would gladly follow you around!

Your last paragraph isn't really showing the problem though. Within the confines of this game and without paid staff there isn't a much better way to do things. My only gripe is that repeat offenders get way too much slack when they should just be removed from the servers. The pool of admin applicants has been dismal for a long time so bringing on more admins just means we are accepting less quality which leads to further problems. Your description of bureaucracy effect is so off base with this discussion for the above reasons.

12 hours ago, Henry Facesmasher said:

It's hard to wrongfully report someone. But I did just run into a situation where my friends and I were initiated with by a restrained person. He said something along the lines of 'let me go or my friends kill you' They rolled up on us 2 minutes later in a vehicle, I down them all and i get the 'you didn't initiate with me' from the people inside the car. Was unable to shadowplay for some reason.

Basically if you don't shadowplay you're kinda fucked on this server.

People wrongfully report people all the time specially if they are salty. It's not hard make a report that a mod will take no action on. 

What I'm saying is sometimes a mod can take action on a report with out proper proof.

For that scenario I don't understand how you can assume that the restrained guy has friends?

If some random dude that is restrained initiated on me I'm going to kill him right away and be out.

I would still initiate with the second group that shows up, unless I can clearly see that they are in the same Gang.

Edited by Manolo
12 hours ago, Gavir said:

A staff of 28 admins/mods regularly being on

Except that you don't have the entire staff of Admins regularly being on. You have those who actually super actively do things, those who do things when their personal lives allow it,  and another handful who just kind of.... exist.

Admins don't really get removed for inactivity though, so :shrug:

16 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Except that you don't have the entire staff of Admins regularly being on. You have those who actually super actively do things, those who do things when their personal lives allow it,  and another handful who just kind of.... exist.

Admins don't really get removed for inactivity though, so :shrug:

Would really be hypocritical when the last CM logged on 3 times in 18 months :P

22 hours ago, Haych said:

There is literally no other system you can use. The same system Asylum has is literally used by 99% of Life servers as well. You submit a long enough video, they review and decide, then ban. What can you change about that? It's not their job to check the logs just because someone told them they can't be asked recording.

The only thing Asylum Admins need to start doing is, being much stricter after they ban someone. If someone has clearly broken the rules, no explanation needed, let them sit out the time they was given. Currently it is way to easy to speak to a Admin, get unbanned after 4 hours, when you clearly broke the rules, get back on the servers and start breaking rules again until you get unlucky and reported again. Sure if the evidence submitted looks like it can be a 2 way thing with a explanation, look into it and then issue a unban, but if its clear rule breaking, a "sorry" "won't happen again" shouldn't get you unbanned.

I've been banned for shooting a man who said "APD, Leave the HQ" so I shot him and that was RDM I understand that. I report someone for practically doing the same to me, no hostile initiation, and he gets "No Action Taken"... They don't need to be stricter on bans.