A Large Issue Within Gang Life that is not caused by the Devs

Steve

As a disclaimer I would first like to point out that I love fighting cartels next to doin a fed/prison/bank.

In my opinion a large issue within gang life that is not 100 percent the developers fault but actually partially the communities fault. The problem is that so many people/gangs will exclusively log on to fight cartels and in my opinion this has damaged the mentality of gangs.

You could fight cops as a gang, do gang meth runs, rob people (if thats your thing) as a gang,and meanwhile take over all the cartels on the server.

Bunni said it better then anyone else I'm not sure if he was the first to say it but what he said was that gangs are no longer gangs they are competitive cartel teams.

I also said that this is not 100 percent the developers fault but part of this does stem from the problems asylum has and most of that has to do with server performance.

Just now, Steve said:

Bunni said it better then anyone else I'm not sure if he was the first to say it but what he said was that gangs are no longer gangs they are competitive cartel teams.

aint shit else to do, bank is boring af(higher ups dont take out armour but when they do they tend to sink them)

fed=broken, (billion ladders added in the previous patch) 

prison=dumb. (only 1 entrance is necessary, learn to fly and bust a LEET hotdrop) 

you get cucked by the apd when trying to do drug runs. 

the less gangs fought the cops the more cops ended up not playing cop anymore.

Edited by Squirtle
Eric916, PeytonCx, Haych and 1 other like this
Just now, Steve said:

As a disclaimer I would first like to point out that I love fighting cartels next to doin a fed/prison/bank.

In my opinion a large issue within gang life that is not 100 percent the developers fault but actually partially the communities fault. The problem is that so many people/gangs will exclusively log on to fight cartels and in my opinion this has damaged the mentality of gangs.

You could fight cops as a gang, do gang meth runs, rob people (if thats your thing) as a gang,and meanwhile take over all the cartels on the server.

I also said that this is not 100 percent the developers fault but part of this does stem from the problems asylum has and most of that has to do with server performance.

I remember the days when I would pull up to meth and "holy shit" there would be 5 hermits and 10 fully geared Eclipse members doing huge runs while there were 15+ cops on, now people won't even do it when there are more than 2 cops

Donald, Farmer Steve, Will and 1 other like this
Just now, Xavorey said:

I remember the days when I would pull up to meth and "holy shit" there would be 5 hermits and 10 fully geared Eclipse members doing huge runs while there were 15+ cops on, now people won't even do it when there are more than 2 cops

wasnt the gang eclipse a APD higher-up gang?(not bashing it)

cant do shit with money now, no fights happen so the point of making money isnt happening

Farmer Steve likes this

it started out as that yea, but Eclipse got huge, it was always a blast fighting them cause they would have 10-15 members on running drugs , and massive battles would erupt witch would last for hours 

Just now, Squirtle said:

wasnt the gang eclipse a APD higher-up gang?(not bashing it)

cant do shit with money now, no fights happen so the point of making money isnt happening

Blake. likes this

What ruined gang life was the fact that people organized fights and went to fight cartels when the cap wasnt even there, asking for revives after fighting like a pack of melons, complaining about every fucking detail of the fight ie. "hes lag switching" "nice no recoil" "your shit kid" etc like its fucking pathetic. Gang life was better when gangs would just get on and go to the cap and fight none of this organized shite followed by a spam of ETA ETA?? and if they didnt get a fight they'd go do a fed or bank or something. All the gangs who think they're the shit now have ruined asylum gang life because they've seen other gangs act like a bunch of queers after they've left kavala. Period.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
Rodrigo, Sp0on, Noliver. and 15 others like this
Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

What ruined gang life was the fact that people organized fights and went to fight cartels when the cap wasnt even there, asking for revives after fighting like a pack of melons, complaining about every fucking detail of the fight ie. "hes lag switching" "nice no recoil" "your shit kid" etc like its fucking pathetic. Gang life was better when gangs would just get on and go to the cap and fight none of this organized shite followed by a spam of ETA ETA??. All the gangs who think theyre the shit now have ruined asylum gang life because theyve seen other gangs act like a bunch of queers after theyve left kavala. Period.

And get 7 man wiped by a solo guy with a 10 round mag rahim. :shrug:

IMO things are just the same old same old, there are people that have been here for around 3 years and i think and its obv that the competitive of cartels is not the same as it was 2 years ago were you would have cheaters and 20v20 fights, people loved aids and its a shame its came to an dead end in a sense 

I always said the problem with gang life wasn't the updates, the problem are the people in the gangs. Its was no coincidence that gang life started to die when all the pre 6.0 gangs started leaving. I mean sure we can blame development a tiny bit not bringing out any interesting updates causing people to leave but people mainly left because they just got bored of the game in general. 

The problem with gang life right now is we have people called slik road that bought a house, gave themselves a name and now think they are a real gang.

when i first started playing me and my friends did a coke run and our car was packed with coke. we pulled up to a checkpoint with a bunch of civi's then cops started searching us all then out of nowhere POP O P OP O P OPP GUNS SHOTS START GOING OFF. 8 REBEL DUDES FUCKING PULL UP AND START FUCKING MOWING DOWNN THE COPS ANDF BAMNPOOM BOOM BOOM. all the cops died and the rebels let us go past the checkpoint for free. thats wat i miss.

Blake. and Obu Obu Obu like this

Gang life was better when gangs would just get on and go to the cap and fight none of this organized shite followed by a spam of ETA ETA??

This has bugged me the most about cartel fighting. Its the dumbest shit when they keep doing it until they lose and then log off right after because they felt that they were the ones that were cheated. 

What ruined gang life was the fact that people organized fights and went to fight cartels when the cap wasnt even there, asking for revives after fighting like a pack of melons, complaining about every fucking detail of the fight ie. "hes lag switching" "nice no recoil" "your shit kid" etc like its fucking pathetic. Gang life was better when gangs would just get on and go to the cap and fight none of this organized shite followed by a spam of ETA ETA?? and if they didnt get a fight they'd go do a fed or bank or something. All the gangs who think they're the shit now have ruined asylum gang life because they've seen other gangs act like a bunch of queers after they've left kavala. Period.

this was the real issue. People just being toxic little fucks. People doing everything in their power to fuck people over. Winning became more important than having fun. And if you didn't win, there was always an excuse. And if they did win, it was a toxic shit fest toward the losers. Even if the gang fighting was outnumbered/unfair/or just new players. You won. You get bitched at for their being some other variable in play. You lose, you get bitched at for even trying because you're bad. It was just a toxic environment and took the fun out of it. No gg. No nt. Just "kill yourself "you're bad" "uninstall" etc etc

Cheating became the real issue. While we had a few BLATANT ones prior to 6.0 (Boxmuncher/King/Alex/Prec1sion) but everyone and their mother started cheating/exploiting. No-Recoil and lagswitching being the worst. Shooting through walls etc etc. 

arent you in Stellar? The same gang that asked bunni to fight OG then we agreed pushed you, you got rolled then made a beeline for East Arms only to not even be able to make it into the cap? then logged off??? You're part of the problem.

Just now, tryhardsqueaker said:

People are afraid of losing. Hard to find a gang that will actually attack. Seems every gang is a "Only defend towers" gang.

FudgeR likes this
Just now, Atra said:

when i first started playing me and my friends did a coke run and our car was packed with coke. we pulled up to a checkpoint with a bunch of civi's then cops started searching us all then out of nowhere POP O P OP O P OPP GUNS SHOTS START GOING OFF. 8 REBEL DUDES FUCKING PULL UP AND START FUCKING MOWING DOWNN THE COPS ANDF BAMNPOOM BOOM BOOM. all the cops died and the rebels let us go past the checkpoint for free. thats wat i miss.

did this the other day at meth lab. hot dropped with an orca and helped out two new people. they were psyched and thanked us so much even though I could only convince my gang members to let them have atleast 20 of the meth before leaving (they wanted to just kill them and take everything for themselves). People just have shitty mentalities and it's just stemmed from shitty people influencing others and constantly being exposed to it and not thinking of the grand scheme of things. You can't enjoy a game that you're new to when you get smacked down and have to lone wolf style or lose everything.

Atra, Donald and Blake. like this
Just now, Obu Obu Obu said:

did this the other day at meth lab. hot dropped with an orca and helped out two new people. they were psyched and thanked us so much even though I could only convince my gang members to let them have atleast 20 of the meth before leaving (they wanted to just kill them and take everything for themselves). People just have shitty mentalities and it's just stemmed from shitty people influencing others and constantly being exposed to it and not thinking of the grand scheme of things. You can't enjoy a game that you're new to when you get smacked down and have to lone wolf style or lose everything.

In my opinion it would be really cool if gangs protected their drug runners. That stopped because of the dynamic market though. In doing so you could make more off of them through the cartels overtime as opposed to robbing them once or twice.

Edit: What I meant was pre 6.0 had no dynamic market so you could sell 10,000 meth and it would not change the price, at least that is how I remember it.

Edited by Steve