The Future of Asylum

ive played nothing but asylum for the last two years but I can't even bring my self to log in anymore. Tanoa was what was keeping me around but I lost my house that i put alot of loadouts and money into so theres nothing really left for me here. I will play enough cop to keep corporal but thats about it

If we the players don't advocate for changes, then who will? You may just be focusing on the title of the complaints but a lot of them are legit, it's more for a cry for attention to the topic, if the people who are playing don't enjoy the changes and you don't give what the people want, guess what? The people leave. Instead of complaining about others complaining why not contribute to the effort, I can't imagine you think everything in Asylum is perfect.

Edited by Cassettes
Olivia likes this

I've found making money here just to be a tediously long process it isn't fun and is the last thing everyone wants to do, Yes as much as I agree it shouldn't be easy to make money in any case, I think some change is needed regarding the interaction when gathering, processing ect. Just something to brighten up the draw to want to go run drugs/guns ect. The fact most of us would rather pay $15 for 300k rather than just spend a hour or two making it clearly says something, making it a bannable offence to buy money isn't helping the community in anyway in my opinion.

Edited by AdaM_
1 hour ago, AdaM_ said:

I've found making money here just to be a tediously long process it isn't fun and is the last thing everyone wants to do, Yes as much as I agree it shouldn't be easy to make money in any case, I think some change is needed regarding the interaction when gathering, processing ect. Just something to brighten up the draw to want to go run drugs/guns ect. The fact most of us would rather pay $15 for 300k rather than just spend a hour or two making it clearly says something, making it a bannable offence to buy money isn't helping the community in anyway in my opinion.

I agree, I hear all the time from civs of how broke they are and that they can't afford to pay the ticket or that they've only got enough just for a couple more cheap loadouts. Sometimes I help them out with money. Depending on if I think they deserve it or not, I will give them money to pay for it. The thing with selling money goes as this..it is an offense to sell while in teamspeak, and while in forums. I don't know the other offenses are as where to sell but as far as my knowledge goes, this is coming from an Lt that has told me this before too, you can only sell through your steam. Message other players through steam or call chat them. For us in the APD we can get points for selling outside of steam. For civs at may just be a warning or a small ban or so. I'm not entirely too sure, so don't quote me on that. 

They did not make buying money a BANNABLE OFFENSE all Olio stated was a reminder to tell you guys that we are buying at our own RISK. I buy money all the time cause I just want to hop on and create some havoc. My money making days are long behind me. Anyways with that being said he was trying to inform the community that there are dupers/exploters out there thatll dupe and sell and thats a big no no. So make sure if you do buy it's someone you trust. Also dont advertise your shit through the community either verbally talk to eachother or communicate outside of Asylum Entertainment. It's a liability issue more than anything else. REMEMBER you buy at your RISK!

Edited by Ebola
Clockwerk, Olivia and Le Razoir like this
1 hour ago, Ebola said:

They did not make buying money a BANNABLE OFFENSE all Olio stated was a reminder to tell you guys that we are buying at our own RISK. I buy money all the time cause I just want to hop on and create some havoc. My money making days are long behind me. Anyways with that being said he was trying to inform the community that there are dupers/exploters out there thatll dupe and sell and thats a big no no. So make sure if you do buy it's someone you trust. Also dont advertise your shit through the community either verbally talk to eachother or communicate outside of Asylum Entertainment. It's a liability issue more than anything else. REMEMBER you buy at your RISK!

@Olio

Is this true?

20 minutes ago, Shade said:

@Olio

Is this true?

The very first bullet point is: 

• Selling in-game currency is against the rules.

To be point blank, it is against the rules, and it is actionable. Meaning if caught you could have action taken against you.

On top of the the issues where people are getting screwed over it also changes the dynamic of the mission on our server. We want people to be running drugs, interacting with each other, actually working to earn money. People buying/selling money really changes the overall feel for the game. Everyone makes statements of being "bored", it's more of a "I don't need to make money because 5 bucks will buy me what I need", why would you actually work for the money by doing things that are supposed to be done to achieve the money when you can just buy it. It just really changes the game in a way that Paratus did not intend. It's always been a unspoken rule (similar to Arms Island :) ) but with recent discoveries it was discovered that is simply out of hand. One person sold 10 million dollars of money in under 30 days, and I think Gnashes found over a period of time I believe 30 days or 60 that 300 MILLION was potentially sold. So again yes, it's against the rules. This really upset many and I am sorry for that but if that's what is keeping you here, you are here for the wrong reasons.

23 minutes ago, Olio said:

The very first bullet point is: 

• Selling in-game currency is against the rules.

To be point blank, it is against the rules, and it is actionable. Meaning if caught you could have action taken against you.

On top of the the issues where people are getting screwed over it also changes the dynamic of the mission on our server. We want people to be running drugs, interacting with each other, actually working to earn money. People buying/selling money really changes the overall feel for the game. Everyone makes statements of being "bored", it's more of a "I don't need to make money because 5 bucks will buy me what I need", why would you actually work for the money by doing things that are supposed to be done to achieve the money when you can just buy it. It just really changes the game in a way that Paratus did not intend. It's always been a unspoken rule (similar to Arms Island :) ) but with recent discoveries it was discovered that is simply out of hand. One person sold 10 million dollars of money in under 30 days, and I think Gnashes found over a period of time I believe 30 days or 60 that 300 MILLION was potentially sold. So again yes, it's against the rules. This really upset many and I am sorry for that but if that's what is keeping you here, you are here for the wrong reasons.

I get that currency exchange has grown substantially but why make it bannable?  is there anyway we could do a community discussion and see if we can still keep it permitted. I believe there's quite a few of us who work full time/part time & play asylum as I believe the majority of players and staff do aswell, But for players like myself for instance who is approaching the 3 year mark I have talked to a few fellow veterans who have similar views and also don't have the time to run drugs or do excavating it takes hours upon hours to build up your bank account w/o even integrating all the potential deadly situations you can run into. 

41 minutes ago, Olio said:

Selling in-game currency is against the rules.

Why is it against the rules... Asylum doesn't offer any of that because Bohemia doesn't like it so whats the deal. Money exchange has been around for so long why would you just remove it rather than just let people learn from their mistakes. I remember back in 2014 everyone used to buy from Rednecked in BadBlood because everyone knew he was legit people have to learn their lesson sometime let them learn it from a small amount of money instead of a large amount later in life in general. In the end you have to know who you are buying from to buy it you can't just pull some bullshit and be like hey guy i dont know you but can i buy some money like what??

8 minutes ago, Ebola said:

I get that currency exchange has grown substantially but why make it bannable?  is there anyway we could do a community discussion and see if we can still keep it permitted. I believe there's quite a few of us who work full time/part time & play asylum as I believe the majority of players and staff do aswell, But for players like myself for instance who is approaching the 3 year mark I have talked to a few fellow veterans who have similar views and also don't have the time to run drugs or do excavating it takes hours upon hours to build up your bank account w/o even integrating all the potential deadly situations you can run into. 

Unfortunately this is not something that we are going to compromise on, as it has become a large scale issue outside of the vision of the developer. No one said anything about banning anyone yet, its possible but I would like to work on a way to course correct the issue, and end it before it comes to that. Before being an Admin I used to run drugs all the time, you just can not constantly fight, you have to take some time to earn the money.

Eric916 likes this

Olio, if you would be kind enough and give us some feedback or just the thoughts of you and other CM involved who were there when the decision was made. Im pretty sure there are people (including myself) who sell money so they can afford things in REAL LIFE. The extra $ i get on the side makes me survive a month. All of this looks to me like just because bohemia pressed down on the server because of the donor things, people arent allowed to sell it?

Would like a response from you if that is possible.

Kind regards,

Cukofuko

Feenix and Haych like this
1 hour ago, Cukofuko said:

Olio, if you would be kind enough and give us some feedback or just the thoughts of you and other CM involved who were there when the decision was made. Im pretty sure there are people (including myself) who sell money so they can afford things in REAL LIFE. The extra $ i get on the side makes me survive a month. All of this looks to me like just because bohemia pressed down on the server because of the donor things, people arent allowed to sell it?

Would like a response from you if that is possible.

Kind regards,

Cukofuko

What's important to note about this is that I don't really feel buyer or seller was getting a bad deal. I didn't buy that much asylum money, but I never felt scammed. If people have more time then money then let them sell their time to someone who works full time. Here's my post from another thread:

When I first started on Asylum I wasn't working at all. I was moving across the country back home and had a lot of spare time on my hands. Had a ton of fun and spent nearly 6-7 hours a day on asylum or in gang TS. I had no trouble making money, but in the end I got a job and started working so I had more money then time and ended up just feeling that $5 for 100k was worth.

At the time I think it took roughly 1 hour to earn 100k or a little less. So for me it's really simple to drop $25 or pizza money on 500k and having gear for a week. If you make more then minimum wage ($7 US). Then buying money makes sense for someone who has to work in the morning and doesn't want to commit 1 hour out of the 2 you get for the night on "grinding money".

Edited by OwenSeven