Announcements and an Apology

I would like to announce a few things. First things first, I would like to apologize for being too disconnected from the community. I could make a list of reasons as to why this was the case, but those would just be excuses. The only person to blame for the current situation is me. I will be around weekly at a minimum going forward to assist the admin team.

To help remove some of the weight from the Senior Admins(SAs) plate, Community Managers(CMs) will be added to the team. Their only duty will be to ensure the pulse and health of the community is at the forefront. The SAs will continue to run the admin team. They are separate roles but of equal rank. This will help each role focus on what matters most, the health of the community. That being said, welcome our Community Managers:

@Ronald

@DarkKnight

Thank you for your patience, time, and contributions.

-Rogue

14 hours ago, LaGrange said:

QQs:

1. Back in the day, CMs also had the equivalent of current SA responsibilities – it seems like this new CM role is much smaller in scope. What will this role tangibly do now? 
  2. What does separate but equal rank actually mean? Are they equally going to be involved in all server decisions?

Essentially the senior admins will focus on back end side of things more on the administrative level and assisting with managing the admin team. The community managers will be taking focus on the community side of things more while being that bridge with the admin team, developers, designers, and the community, hopefully adding more to the transparency and communication the community is looking for. From a power side of things the SA’s and CM’s are essentially the same just with a different primary focus. 

@Roguecan correct me if I’m wrong

15 hours ago, LaGrange said:

QQs:

1. Back in the day, CMs also had the equivalent of current SA responsibilities – it seems like this new CM role is much smaller in scope. What will this role tangibly do now? 
  2. What does separate but equal rank actually mean? Are they equally going to be involved in all server decisions?

1 hour ago, Vortex said:

Essentially the senior admins will focus on back end side of things more on the administrative level and assisting with managing the admin team. The community managers will be taking focus on the community side of things more while being that bridge with the admin team, developers, designers, and the community, hopefully adding more to the transparency and communication the community is looking for. From a power side of things the SA’s and CM’s are essentially the same just with a different primary focus. 

@Roguecan correct me if I’m wrong

This is correct. Whenever a change to the server is proposed the Community Managers and the Senior Admins will vote. If the vote is 50/50 Rogue will be the tie breaker. 

LaGrange, william and Ahm2d like this
10 minutes ago, DarkKnight said:

This is correct. Whenever a change to the server is proposed the Community Managers and the Senior Admins will vote. If the vote is 50/50 Rogue will be the tie breaker. 

3 SA's and 2 CM's, how can there be a tie there buster

王 rando 王 likes this
20 hours ago, Rogue said:

I would like to announce a few things. First things first, I would like to apologize for being too disconnected from the community. I could make a list of reasons as to why this was the case, but those would just be excuses. The only person to blame for the current situation is me. I will be around weekly at a minimum going forward to assist the admin team.

To help remove some of the weight from the Senior Admins(SAs) plate, Community Managers(CMs) will be added to the team. Their only duty will be to ensure the pulse and health of the community is at the forefront. The SAs will continue to run the admin team. They are separate roles but of equal rank. This will help each role focus on what matters most, the health of the community. That being said, welcome our Community Managers:

@Ronald

@DarkKnight

Thank you for your patience, time, and contributions.

-Rogue

I've been here for many years, I hope to see the server turn around for the better. Its an old game but still a ton of fun. There has been great additions which have helped. I look forward to what happens next.  

.Max likes this

would rebel, cop and medic liasons be a good idea as well? maybe a council. 3-4 rebels, 3-4 civs, 2 apd, 2 afd on a council and with access to a discord text channel to voice concerns and talk about any changes that could be beneficial to server health. these liasons could be voted on by the admins or people could volunteer for the role.

5 hours ago, Boomerman said:

would rebel, cop and medic liasons be a good idea as well? maybe a council. 3-4 rebels, 3-4 civs, 2 apd, 2 afd on a council and with access to a discord text channel to voice concerns and talk about any changes that could be beneficial to server health. these liasons could be voted on by the admins or people could volunteer for the role.

There kinda already is, APD Has the three Cpts, AFD has Chief / Ass Chief, and there are a few rebel admins already.

Akula and Arcangel like this