Ifrits back to civ only

Should ifrits be back to civ only?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should ifrits only be for Civ?

4 hours ago, zdeat said:

Skill issue tbh

While were at it, lets take away civ frits as well, god for bid we get a fair fight man...

Cops aren’t supposed to be a fair fight wtf is this always brought up for lmfao

The votes are public too you can see who voted what and it’ll basically be all career cops voting no. Just a side note

31 minutes ago, kryptonthegamer said:

Cops aren’t supposed to be a fair fight wtf is this always brought up for lmfao

So we’re supposed to lose every fight?

I think you’re so out of touch with how asylum has changed it’s crazy. This isn’t 2015 when people could strider push and drop on 5 other people and down them all. We take hunters and striders to fights, we instantly get ripped by anyone half decent. Learn to adapt, pull your own Frits. There’s like 15 people that can pull them anyways…

Bherky and Aslan like this
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, zdeat said:

I think you’re so out of touch with how asylum has changed it’s crazy. This isn’t 2015 when people could strider push and drop on 5 other people and down them all. We take hunters and striders to fights, we instantly get ripped by anyone half decent. Learn to adapt, pull your own Frits. There’s like 15 people that can pull them anyways…

Correct. And now, it’s asylum 2024 with 35 players ahahaha

youre braindead

fot example last night every cadet was given an mk1 by the higher ups….on top of the ducking ifrits dropping spike strips from their rear it’s just insanely bad.

Edited by kryptonthegamer
Chester GoldPenis and Tyrese like this
9 minutes ago, kryptonthegamer said:

Correct. And now, it’s asylum 2024 with 35 players ahahaha

youre braindead

fot example last night every cadet was given an mk1 by the higher ups….on top of the ducking ifrits dropping spike strips from their rear it’s just insanely bad.

The MK drops happen maybe once or twice a month and are used for groups who fed spam with a ton of players. Also anyone who’s driven a cop ifrit or any armor knows they act different then civ armor. There’s a 9/10 chance if a cop armor v armors a civ the cop will die or the cop ifirt breaks while the civ ifirt acts like nothing happens. If you wanna be able to shit on cops all day just play GTA story mode homie 

zdeat likes this

The only thing I can see maybe happening is Frits can only be pulled for fed events. But that’s usually how it is anyway. As someone who plays more civ than cop this is a bad suggestion 

3 hours ago, kryptonthegamer said:

example last night every cadet was given an mk1 by the higher ups….on top of the ducking ifrits dropping spike strips from their rear it’s just insanely bad.

Now this is something I think should be addressed. Last night we had 5 civs vs 13 cops and they were giving out mk’s. I’m not complaining because I understand there was a large skill gap between many of the civs and officers fighting but I’m worried that this will happen against newer groups or less skilled groups trying to fight fed events. I think there needs to be some sort of limiting on the amount of mks based on how big the group you are fighting. And if it’s just patrol maybe 1 or 2 mks per captain online. Now ik this isn’t a dev suggestion but an APD policy change that needs to happen if higherups see fit. Just getting my thoughts out there

11 hours ago, zdeat said:

Our ifrits aren't free. You guys have admin higher ups mass pulling for free, dropping free weapons as well, as far as I know, could be wrong about the mk1s being free. If we have to all pull ifrits the cost of the event at that point isn't even worth it compared to what we could make. The risk of cops vs civs is completely unbalanced. ATP it seems that the rules are catered towards a group that used to do feds with massive numbers and all mass pulled armor. Most likely also playing with admins that can pull free ifrits. At that point not only do you have better armor (pilots + tier 2), more numbers, and the ability to respawn and come back almost instantly, but you are barely losing anything when you do.

Walt likes this
20 hours ago, kryptonthegamer said:

Simple topic. Give a week notice and allow cops to sell them from their garage for full price. It’s annoying and breaks the playing field.

I don't think ifrits should be removed. There are situations where they are needed. If there is a concern with APD pulling to many ifrits for a single fed event I would rather see policy added to balance it. Ifrits were added for LT+ to help the APD win some of the fights and boost morale. Even with ifrits the APD still loses plenty of fights. If you made this post because of the fed you did last night I will take full responsibility for the APDs actions. When your gang played on our server years back you guys would obliterate the cops in the majority of the fights. When the fed went off last night and I saw all your names pop up I figured the same would happen. I gave MKs to the 7 or 8 officers that were online at the time. I also pulled out more ifrits than I normally would. If I jumped the gun and ruined the experience for you guys I apologize. I try to explain to people that when I upgrade the APDs gear it's a sign of respect. I do it because I know you guys are really good Arma players. I also do it to keep the cops from rage quiting when we are in a hopeless fight. Going forward, If I decide to upgrade the APDs gear I will wait and do it after one or two pushes. Just know, the fed you guys fought last night was not normal. I would love for you guys to stick around and try a few more. You will see the dynamic between the fights with and without higher ups. Only Captains can pass out MKs and only LT+ can pull ifrits. We do not have a large number of whitelisted LTs so ifrits are limited. 

6 hours ago, Ebola said:

I disagree, cops should keep frits however I'm with yall on the higher ups passing down mk1s like its nothing. It definitely happens more often now.

Captains giving out Mks to every officer online is rare. It happens to boost morale and keep cops online. Some gangs are really good and sometimes they spam feds all day. A Captain handing out an MK to one officer is what happens most of the time. In my opinion that won't make or break a fight. 

9 hours ago, Chris Peacock said:

The only thing I can see maybe happening is Frits can only be pulled for fed events. But that’s usually how it is anyway. As someone who plays more civ than cop this is a bad suggestion 

Now this is something I think should be addressed. Last night we had 5 civs vs 13 cops and they were giving out mk’s. I’m not complaining because I understand there was a large skill gap between many of the civs and officers fighting but I’m worried that this will happen against newer groups or less skilled groups trying to fight fed events. I think there needs to be some sort of limiting on the amount of mks based on how big the group you are fighting. And if it’s just patrol maybe 1 or 2 mks per captain online. Now ik this isn’t a dev suggestion but an APD policy change that needs to happen if higherups see fit. Just getting my thoughts out there

You nailed the first part. If I were to hand out MKs for a 5 rebel vs 13 cop fight it's because the rebels are insanely good. We have all seen that numbers do not dictate who wins a fight. There has been plenty of fights over the years where the cops doubled the rebel numbers and still lose. That being said, I do feel we have a good track record when dealing with new rebel players. We don't drop MKs just because a bank starts. We do it when we know who we are fighting. If it's a group that is really good or they have been killing cops all day then we might pass out some MKs. 

Akula, Bherky, Djmon and 4 others like this
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sticking to the side of not having any real reason to remove them, the reason given is just not a substantial point 🤷‍♂️

I get it, cop's shouldn't win every fight. We are nowhere near capable of winning every fight as it is anyways. We get the moments where we do have some high numbers, and sometimes we have a higher up or captain on that can boost our gear. While I'll admit maybe 2 of our usual higher are admins, most of the ifrits are pulled by standard LT's who dish out the same full priced ifrits as civ's or non admin Captains buying MK1's to distribute out of pocket. It's becoming a bit more common now but it doesn't happen as often as people here are saying it is though, and as DarkKnight is stating if you're seeing it happen a lot to you then it's probably because we already know there isn't even a margin of us being able to not get obliterated let alone have a chance at winning. The majority of cop's don't play civ because they either aren't interested in it or just aren't good fighters and just want to chill around or both. All the standard cops can be in a 5v10 with all 10 officers having MK1's and an ifrit or 2 yet they would still probably get steamrolled unless the majority of those officers were completely competent, we may get 3 or 4 one time use swat slots for some officers to have extra armor for 1 life but they usually end up dying right away and wasting them.

Simply saying while us having the chance to boost sometimes is an advantage that changes the game a small amount for sure, the amount of disadvantages will still always be hugely stacked against us a large majority of the time no matter how its played. Civ's having the prep time and defensive position is always going to be a major advantage to begin with, Cop armor is a joke to a point where it's fairly obvious they've most likely been manipulated to be shittier versions of civ armor, Low ranked cop mains rarely use MK1's and have no major experience in using them compared to civ's. The gear boost really is just there to boost the morale since it seems like all day fed spam is a major occurrence almost every day.

Going off the formula I heard mentioned a handful of times before...

High Moral = More Cops = More Civ Pop

Low Moral = Less Cops = Less Civ Pop

No Moral = No Cops = ??? (You know what goes here)

Just to put this out there

This server was created as a cops and robbers kind of deal and lets face it most of the APD has always been out geared

The current problem is that when cops fight these events 1 after the other the moral and will power of wanting to go there die 10x drops and people leave when cops leave the civs who where only online to fight the cops leave and the server drops in population rather quickly, The more you remove from the APD the less likely the cops are going to want to fight, going in there free loadout for the 2x manditory lives given and just bouncing or just mass login off the server everytime an event pops (this is happining after events now)

With out cops the server has no pop at all as people will get bored if there is no risk in doing anything

And i understand if a small group was robbing the bank they would get annoyed that 4 ifitrs slammed them but isn't that the price you pay for doing a federal event as robbing the bank or doing another federal event isn't supose to be easy

zdeat likes this

No one cares about this topic anymore, it ain't changing @kryptonthegamer.  Mass Ifrit pulling and MK1 dropping is happening way more often than 1-2 times per month, the frequency is much more than that and it will continue to happen. It's happened at 2-3 events in less than a week...

On 3/11/2024 at 12:28 AM, DarkKnight said:

I don't think ifrits should be removed. There are situations where they are needed. If there is a concern with APD pulling to many ifrits for a single fed event I would rather see policy added to balance it. Ifrits were added for LT+ to help the APD win some of the fights and boost morale. Even with ifrits the APD still loses plenty of fights. If you made this post because of the fed you did last night I will take full responsibility for the APDs actions. When your gang played on our server years back you guys would obliterate the cops in the majority of the fights. When the fed went off last night and I saw all your names pop up I figured the same would happen. I gave MKs to the 7 or 8 officers that were online at the time. I also pulled out more ifrits than I normally would. If I jumped the gun and ruined the experience for you guys I apologize. I try to explain to people that when I upgrade the APDs gear it's a sign of respect. I do it because I know you guys are really good Arma players. I also do it to keep the cops from rage quiting when we are in a hopeless fight. Going forward, If I decide to upgrade the APDs gear I will wait and do it after one or two pushes. Just know, the fed you guys fought last night was not normal. I would love for you guys to stick around and try a few more. You will see the dynamic between the fights with and without higher ups. Only Captains can pass out MKs and only LT+ can pull ifrits. We do not have a large number of whitelisted LTs so ifrits are limited. 

Captains giving out Mks to every officer online is rare. It happens to boost morale and keep cops online. Some gangs are really good and sometimes they spam feds all day. A Captain handing out an MK to one officer is what happens most of the time. In my opinion that won't make or break a fight. 

You nailed the first part. If I were to hand out MKs for a 5 rebel vs 13 cop fight it's because the rebels are insanely good. We have all seen that numbers do not dictate who wins a fight. There has been plenty of fights over the years where the cops doubled the rebel numbers and still lose. That being said, I do feel we have a good track record when dealing with new rebel players. We don't drop MKs just because a bank starts. We do it when we know who we are fighting. If it's a group that is really good or they have been killing cops all day then we might pass out some MKs. 

To discuss this, if you don't think handing out downing MK-1s to multiple officers who wouldn't otherwise have them doesn't give you a significant advantage I really don't know what to say. Pretty sure with the current script you have to shoot someone below 75% HP to down them with an MK-1 which is 1-2 shots, in contrast obviously rebels have to kill you (-100%). Adding changes to the APD policy to govern the use of these kinds of things would be appropriate but instead, you are planning on having everyone, including yourself, arbitrarily decide how many Ifrits and MK1s you need to drop. Sounds like a great system 👍 

"Just know, the fed you guys fought last night was not normal. I would love for you guys to stick around and try a few more. "

This is an ironic quote because this entire thing has become the new normal. Gangs willing to do these events will continue to decrease. At least you'll still be able to do feds with your gang, probably will be the only gang doing them for the future! @DarkKnight

Edited by Chester GoldPenis
Batcan and Walt like this
Guest Doomba
1 minute ago, Chester GoldPenis said:

To discuss this, if you don't think handing out downing MK-1s to multiple officers who wouldn't otherwise have them doesn't give you a significant advantage

Bro... skill issue

The skill gap between your average constable and average rebel is huge. For example me and @Despairdid a 2v8 bank a few weeks back. Cops all had Mk1s. We still won and got out with the money. I got caught but it was more because I was dumb and cocky than the fact that the cops had Mk1s.

Cadets+ could spawn with free MK1s and I'd wager it would barely make a difference as to the win/loss ratio of the APD (I am not advocating for this)

I cant believe I'm saying this but allowing the APD to occasionally power up makes fights more interesting. One I would MAYBE change is how some of the Feds work, there are a few feds that cops have a major nearly game breaking advantage on I would like to see dialed down a bit. I shouldn't need a 20+ group to have a slim chance at completing an evidence lockup.

4 hours ago, Chester GoldPenis said:

Pretty sure with the current script you have to shoot someone below 75% HP to down them with an MK-1 which is 1-2 shots, in contrast obviously rebels have to kill you (-100%).

You’re retarded if u think the downing script is different than killing someone… the script works as if ur health hits 0 it full heals you then downs you. 

50 minutes ago, Doomba said:

Bro... skill issue

The skill gap between your average constable and average rebel is huge. For example me and @Despairdid a 2v8 bank a few weeks back. Cops all had Mk1s. We still won and got out with the money. I got caught but it was more because I was dumb and cocky than the fact that the cops had Mk1s.

Cadets+ could spawn with free MK1s and I'd wager it would barely make a difference as to the win/loss ratio of the APD (I am not advocating for this)

I cant believe I'm saying this but allowing the APD to occasionally power up makes fights more interesting. One I would MAYBE change is how some of the Feds work, there are a few feds that cops have a major nearly game breaking advantage on I would like to see dialed down a bit. I shouldn't need a 20+ group to have a slim chance at completing an evidence lockup.

Why’d u vote yes then???

Guest Doomba
11 minutes ago, Chris Peacock said:

Why’d u vote yes then???

5EtMA2.gif

Using a web browser on my VR headset is hard OK?!?!?!

Edited by Doomba

You win some, you lose some.

There can be 10+ cops and 5-6 civs, but usually 9 of them are using 556 or 6.5... Pushing a camping team of 6 with Mk1s, that rip everyone before even slamming the bank/fed? Cadets only have red dots, they can only CQB. 

How does that make sense? 

Civs have the upper hand and win most of the events. On Tuesday there was 10 straight fed events that cops lost and we had more numbers.. the issue was 4/5 were cadets and only 3 weren't. None of us had MKs, and all the civs had MKs, we didn't take it to the forums and went on about taking away MKs from civs.

My two cents. 

8 hours ago, Chester GoldPenis said:

No one cares about this topic anymore, it ain't changing @kryptonthegamer.  Mass Ifrit pulling and MK1 dropping is happening way more often than 1-2 times per month, the frequency is much more than that and it will continue to happen. It's happened at 2-3 events in less than a week...

To discuss this, if you don't think handing out downing MK-1s to multiple officers who wouldn't otherwise have them doesn't give you a significant advantage I really don't know what to say. Pretty sure with the current script you have to shoot someone below 75% HP to down them with an MK-1 which is 1-2 shots, in contrast obviously rebels have to kill you (-100%). Adding changes to the APD policy to govern the use of these kinds of things would be appropriate but instead, you are planning on having everyone, including yourself, arbitrarily decide how many Ifrits and MK1s you need to drop. Sounds like a great system 👍 

"Just know, the fed you guys fought last night was not normal. I would love for you guys to stick around and try a few more. "

This is an ironic quote because this entire thing has become the new normal. Gangs willing to do these events will continue to decrease. At least you'll still be able to do feds with your gang, probably will be the only gang doing them for the future! @DarkKnight

What I said was true. At that fed I handed out MKs to all of the cops that were on and I pulled out an ifrit for each of them. What I did is very rare. I haven't handed out an MK since the day before this post was made. I have also played with the other Captains and they are not handing out MKs everytime they log on. In most cases when they decide to do so it's to one of the officers they are playing with. When a federal event starts more cops get MKs using SWAT then any of the Captains handing them out. There are only 6 or so players that play each month that have a Captain whitelist. Most of the retired Captains we have hardly play. The ability to give other officers MKs is very limited. In my last response I never said that you wouldn't see ifrits at the fed ever again. I was trying to explain that one player giving out that much gear is rare. Whitelisted LTs that are not staff will not pull out that many ifrits in one fight. Even for cops ifrits are way too expensive to do that. A few days ago I talked to a couple of your gang buddies in teamspeak. We talked over a couple policies that the APD could experiment with. One of the Captains was there and I said if the Captains wanted to try them out and see how it goes I'm all for it.

11 hours ago, DarkKnight said:

What I said was true. At that fed I handed out MKs to all of the cops that were on and I pulled out an ifrit for each of them. What I did is very rare. I haven't handed out an MK since the day before this post was made. I have also played with the other Captains and they are not handing out MKs everytime they log on. In most cases when they decide to do so it's to one of the officers they are playing with. When a federal event starts more cops get MKs using SWAT then any of the Captains handing them out. There are only 6 or so players that play each month that have a Captain whitelist. Most of the retired Captains we have hardly play. The ability to give other officers MKs is very limited. In my last response I never said that you wouldn't see ifrits at the fed ever again. I was trying to explain that one player giving out that much gear is rare. Whitelisted LTs that are not staff will not pull out that many ifrits in one fight. Even for cops ifrits are way too expensive to do that. A few days ago I talked to a couple of your gang buddies in teamspeak. We talked over a couple policies that the APD could experiment with. One of the Captains was there and I said if the Captains wanted to try them out and see how it goes I'm all for it.

Man lets not bullshit here, you don't know the true frequency that this is happening other than when you do it yourself which is all you can attest to and I don't blame you for that. Obviously you can't be on all the time and know every instance but it is a lot more than 1-2 times per month which is a laughable estimate at best. Last time I checked cadets were not running around with MK-1s and referred to as "SWAT." This is a problem though I don't think you understand, the Captains will make their OWN DECISIONS about what they want to do and that will be the end of the story. This so called "feedback from civs" you guys receive means nothing in the grand scheme of things, you can suggest things to them as the community manager based on player experiences but at the end of the day the decision up to like 3-4 people who think everything is fine and people are just complaining. 

Bottom line, currently fighting cops is not fun/rewarding by any means. And like I said the amount of people doing these events will continue to decrease, nobody will care about all these events that the developers have made for extensive civ vs. cop interaction which is sad honestly. I'm sure all the career cops gonna flock to this post and tell me it is a "skill issue" and that people "are much better than they were in 2016" which is why federal events are going the way they are. If the higher ups in charge of the APD were happy with the resources they've established themselves with, why would they make changes to limit themselves in any way? The APD is a self-governed faction that has practically full control over what they add/remove from their abilities regardless of the input from the "community," imagine that. I'm done talking about this topic because I genuinely don't care what happens to this issue or the server for that matter because neither do the people in charge of it. 

Stream 10 Ways To Beat A Dead Horse by Myles Clayborne | Listen online for  free on SoundCloud

39 minutes ago, Chester GoldPenis said:

Man lets not bullshit here, you don't know the true frequency that this is happening other than when you do it yourself which is all you can attest to and I don't blame you for that. Obviously you can't be on all the time and know every instance but it is a lot more than 1-2 times per month which is a laughable estimate at best. Last time I checked cadets were not running around with MK-1s and referred to as "SWAT." This is a problem though I don't think you understand, the Captains will make their OWN DECISIONS about what they want to do and that will be the end of the story. This so called "feedback from civs" you guys receive means nothing in the grand scheme of things, you can suggest things to them as the community manager based on player experiences but at the end of the day the decision up to like 3-4 people who think everything is fine and people are just complaining. 

Bottom line, currently fighting cops is not fun/rewarding by any means. And like I said the amount of people doing these events will continue to decrease, nobody will care about all these events that the developers have made for extensive civ vs. cop interaction which is sad honestly. I'm sure all the career cops gonna flock to this post and tell me it is a "skill issue" and that people "are much better than they were in 2016" which is why federal events are going the way they are. If the higher ups in charge of the APD were happy with the resources they've established themselves with, why would they make changes to limit themselves in any way? The APD is a self-governed faction that has practically full control over what they add/remove from their abilities regardless of the input from the "community," imagine that. I'm done talking about this topic because I genuinely don't care what happens to this issue or the server for that matter because neither do the people in charge of it. 

Stream 10 Ways To Beat A Dead Horse by Myles Clayborne | Listen online for  free on SoundCloud

It is a skill issue tho. I consistently play civ and win events even if cops have mks and Frits. The players are so much better now than they were in 2015-2018 when u used to play. U just have to adapt

zdeat likes this
40 minutes ago, Chris Peacock said:

It is a skill issue tho. I consistently play civ and win events even if cops have mks and Frits. The players are so much better now than they were in 2015-2018 when u used to play. U just have to adapt

I’ve tried explaining this to these guys it’s like I’m talking to a wall. 

Chris Peacock likes this
  • Fitz locked this topic