A few things

Defragments

1. Can all NVG's be made fullscreen? I got these nice compact ones that feel bad to use now.

2. Add tempest covered. Same storage as device but no gathering ability. (Or a bit less storage, for reasons I guess)

3. Maybe it's just me, but I think suicide vests should be a little cheaper. They are quite high risk compared to all the other explosives available. You can be killed on sight wearing one now and you have to get close to use one effectively. I understand this one might be asking for too much.

4. Can 25 year scotch be made at spirit distillery instead of purification factory? It is kind of pointless to run right now imo. I might be missing something though.

Farmer Steve, Donald and Stretch like this
1 minute ago, Austin M said:

Doesn’t it say right there in that post?

Idk. I never used them before until I decided to learn the talent that spawns you with them. I don't really like putting myself at a disadvantage by not using them, but the other nvg's look so much nicer. Either remove for all or give to all.

2 hours ago, Defragments said:

Well please give a reason why this will not be done, or why it is not possible? @Patato or any other devs that happen to look

1 hour ago, Austin M said:

Doesn’t it say right there in that post?

Just answering this #1 question: Unfortunately that full screen NVG is a specific item classname in the game, Integrated_NVG_F, it only comes in that one variant.

27 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Just answering this #1 question: Unfortunately that full screen NVG is a specific item classname in the game, Integrated_NVG_F, it only comes in that one variant.

Are you guys able to add items to the server via coding, or do you have to just pull from a pool of pre-coded/added items in Arma's code? Also, are you guys able to mess with the code of Items letting you change the way they work? 

I wish rpg's were cheaper too to be honest. In the last day I've had to shoot two at one orca to blow it up, two separate ifrits have survived with little damage to them after taking a shot from under 100m each, another orca survived a shot, and another ifrit lost a wheel and was pretty much fine from a 400m shot. Very sad.

Stretch likes this
3 hours ago, Defragments said:

I wish rpg's were cheaper too to be honest. In the last day I've had to shoot two at one orca to blow it up, two separate ifrits have survived with little damage to them after taking a shot from under 100m each, another orca survived a shot, and another ifrit lost a wheel and was pretty much fine from a 400m shot. Very sad.

RPG's are complete rng on whether they 1 shot or 2 shot, I've seen many of my own ifrits and orcas blow up from a single rocket

7 hours ago, Defragments said:

Too new to understand 

Too new to understand.

An RPG is 130k. Should be destroying an ifrit for that price or have a lower price. 10 ifrits for 10 people is not fun. 

An rpg is free when there are rebel airdrops UFO's plane crashes cartel events. I havent bought an rpg in my life and I had like 17 of them and like 25 rockets

7 hours ago, Chris Peacock said:

An rpg is free when there are rebel airdrops UFO's plane crashes cartel events. I havent bought an rpg in my life and I had like 17 of them and like 25 rockets

Fair enough. I wasn't thinking about the events that spawn them. It doesn't mean it's not ass when you rpg someone and nothing happens.

9724c24deaa31dd141f98e6a9dbc5ac7.gif

1 hour ago, Chris Peacock said:

I agree. But rpging works 90% of the time for me

3 hours ago, Defragments said:

Fair enough. I wasn't thinking about the events that spawn them. It doesn't mean it's not ass when you rpg someone and nothing happens.

On 6/8/2023 at 1:42 AM, King said:

RPG's are complete rng on whether they 1 shot or 2 shot, I've seen many of my own ifrits and orcas blow up from a single rocket

Thats arma for yall nothing we can do about that. We used to nerf it but we removed that 5 updates ago so its just the base game rpg thats so shit

8 hours ago, Defragments said:

Don't forget that for years Asylum didn't have RPG's at all, and armor across the board was much tougher against 7.62 (or anything weaker than 7.62) in that time period. In reality the RPG's a mere addon to the ways you are able to kill someone. However, I agree that the ifrit meta is dogshit and the game was better when gangs pushed with 2-3 ifrits strategically.

Donald, william, dammy and 1 other like this
3 hours ago, Steve said:

Don't forget that for years Asylum didn't have RPG's at all, and armor across the board was much tougher against 7.62 (or anything weaker than 7.62) in that time period. In reality the RPG's a mere addon to the ways you are able to kill someone. However, I agree that the ifrit meta is dogshit and the game was better when gangs pushed with 2-3 ifrits strategically.

can confirm ifrit meta is the worst thing about the game at the minute

dammy, Defragments and Repto like this
14 hours ago, Patato said:

Wait a second, how did we do it the first time?

the inactive developer said it's a game based class name and another dev made it out that it can only be applied to the brown nvg's

olympus had full screen nvg built into the pilot helmet at one point

Edited by goyney
26 minutes ago, goyney said:

the inactive developer said it's a game based class name and another dev made it out that it can only be applied to the brown nvg's

olympus had full screen nvg built into the pilot helmet at one point

Idk man, so ill just use an open source example. 

Here is the first script that shows up if you google. "Fullscreen NVG's" 
https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/216483-full-screen-night-vision-no-mod-required/

For whatever reason this one is-

• Unequipped NVGoggles and equipped Combat Goggles (Green) = FULL SCREEN NIGHT VISION.
  • Equipped NVGoggles and equipped Combat Goggles (Green) = black border night vision.
  • Unequipped Combat Goggles (Green) and equipped NVGoggles = black border night vision.

So its pretty obvious we can do w/e we like. I'm sure any one of us can figure it out. 

Personally, I don't really care one way or the other. If i had to choose id probably lean towards non-fullscreen NVG's. I'd wager i'm in the minority here however don't really know. Fact is, everyone on asylum is going to play the most optimal way. I do the same thing. All my loadouts have the fullscreen NVG. Even though id slightly prefer default

I have no idea why im like that, Probably just change = bad mentality. I had been using default NVG's for 5+ years and didn't ever have an issue so why change. 

Just speculating but id bet the root of the issue is similar for alot of people. Now obviously this is a horrible way of collecting data, so ive made a poll and lets get the real answer. I have had a few vocal people who hate fullscreen NVG's. But none of them want to make a suggestion on the forums due to fear of reprisal. So ive made an anonymous poll.

I encourage you to have anyone and everyone vote.
it gives me something to present to the team that is objective, non bias'd. It may or may not sway others to change their opinion on it. As a team we can decide. 

38 minutes ago, Patato said:

Idk man, so ill just use an open source example. 

Here is the first script that shows up if you google. "Fullscreen NVG's" 
https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/216483-full-screen-night-vision-no-mod-required/

For whatever reason this one is-

• Unequipped NVGoggles and equipped Combat Goggles (Green) = FULL SCREEN NIGHT VISION.
  • Equipped NVGoggles and equipped Combat Goggles (Green) = black border night vision.
  • Unequipped Combat Goggles (Green) and equipped NVGoggles = black border night vision.

So its pretty obvious we can do w/e we like. I'm sure any one of us can figure it out. 

Personally, I don't really care one way or the other. If i had to choose id probably lean towards non-fullscreen NVG's. I'd wager i'm in the minority here however don't really know. Fact is, everyone on asylum is going to play the most optimal way. I do the same thing. All my loadouts have the fullscreen NVG. Even though id slightly prefer default

I have no idea why im like that, Probably just change = bad mentality. I had been using default NVG's for 5+ years and didn't ever have an issue so why change. 

Just speculating but id bet the root of the issue is similar for alot of people. Now obviously this is a horrible way of collecting data, so ive made a poll and lets get the real answer. I have had a few vocal people who hate fullscreen NVG's. But none of them want to make a suggestion on the forums due to fear of reprisal. So ive made an anonymous poll.

I encourage you to have anyone and everyone vote.
it gives me something to present to the team that is objective, non bias'd. It may or may not sway others to change their opinion on it. As a team we can decide. 

or just make bright night and remove the need for NVG's

I think night is a great way the game gets mixed up, same with the occasional light rain. Obviously night time and/or rain inconveniences you, as it does me as well. It provides more a challenge to the game and forces you to play slightly differently. It effects everyone equally really so, I don't see why it gets so much hate tbh. Arma needs variety in my opinion, the game is too stale. I'm sure always having day time would be fun as fuck at first, but ultimately I think it would contribute to the game feeling more stale as time passed. Regarding having fullscreen NVG's I don't see a problem with it, however personally I would appreciate it being applied to all NVG's or at least giving us the option to pick between the two.

Defragments, GravL, Gagss and 1 other like this
3 hours ago, Steve said:

I think night is a great way the game gets mixed up, same with the occasional light rain. Obviously night time and/or rain inconveniences you, as it does me as well. It provides more a challenge to the game and forces you to play slightly differently. It effects everyone equally really so, I don't see why it gets so much hate tbh. Arma needs variety in my opinion, the game is too stale. I'm sure always having day time would be fun as fuck at first, but ultimately I think it would contribute to the game feeling more stale as time passed. Regarding having fullscreen NVG's I don't see a problem with it, however personally I would appreciate it being applied to all NVG's or at least giving us the option to pick between the two.

69129763453__85917509-84F2-46ED-AD90-039

Steve and GravL like this