Jump to content
Mitch (IFRIT)

Updates and Changes

Recommended Posts

 

I wanted to update you on what is currently going on with Asylum! After a couple hour conversation with the team of development, we have come up with this plan. Let’s take a look.

 

Talent Rework:

 

Our goal is to reduce the amount of talents we currently have in the server. When looking at the list. The development team and I found that there were far too many that didn’t need to be locked behind a talent. A great example of this is the defibrillator talent. I can't find a reason why you need to have that as a talent to revive someone. So, it’s gone. Listed below are the talents that are either removed, or changed.

Tweaked talents:

[1, civilian, -1, 0, "Vigilante", "Able to purchase Bounty Hunter license. Max bounty $50,000."],  (You will now be able to buy a BH license without a talent, but your bounty will be limited to 50k)

[8, civilian, 7, 4, "Master Bounty Hunter", "Access to civilian Hunter (Make Pull-able - Get APD to make as PC for pull over and check license.) Now, you can pull a hunter if you have one in your garage, and do not have this talent learned. However, it would then be considered an illegal vehicle and the APD will have the ability to seize it. 

 

Removed talents:

 

[9, civilian, -1, 0, "First Aid", "Can use blood bag to heal up to 80 health."],

[10, civilian, 9, 1, "First Aid Level B", "Can use blood bag to heal up to 90 health."],

[11, civilian, 10, 2, "First Aid Level C", "Can use blood bag to heal up to 100 health."],

[12, civilian, 9, 1, "Shocking", "Can revive an unconscious player with defibrillator."],

[13, civilian, 12, 2, "Jaws of Life", "Able to pull unconscious players from a vehicle."],

[15, civilian, -1, 0, "Unrestricted License", "Ability to buy the SUV, Hatchback (Sport), Box/Fuel Truck and Vans."],

[16, civilian, 15, 1, "Chauffeur License", "Receive taxi pick-up requests."], — removed due to not in use current mission  

[18, civilian, 15, 1, "Private Pilot", "Ability to buy and take out small helicopters."],

[27, civilian, -1, 0, "Rebel", "Able to buy Rebel License."],

[28, civilian, 27, 1, "Guerilla", "Able to buy and use ghillie suits."],

[29, civilian, 27, 1, "Marksman", "Able to buy and use 7.62mm rifles and ammunition.  (Can not have Master Bounty Hunter)."],

[37, civilian, -1, 0, "Citizenship", "Able to buy home owners license."],

[55, civilian, -1, 0, "Awareness", "See the location of group and gang members on your map."],

  [56, civilian, -1, 0, "Grand Theft Auto", "Able to pick locks of standard ground vehicles."],

[60, civilian, -1, 0, "Nourished", "Food and drink consumption reduced by 25%."],

[63, civilian, -1, 0, "Something Fishy", "Longer reach when catching fish by hand."],

 

These above listed talents in red are just going to be removed, and those abilities will be automatically afforded to you. It is my hope that less talents of this nature will make it easier for new people to start out, and participate in the action. Your new talent limit will be 19.


 

Donation Goal:

 

Tomorrow night, a system will be implemented into the main page of the forums. This will be a donation goal bar to show what percentage we are at for meeting the months goal. Each month, there will be a unique reward for meeting that months goal. These goal rewards will be available to everyone on the server. Key sales and personal donations will all count towards this goal. 

 

This months goal will consist of the following.

 

Saved load-outs:

 

For Cop and Civ, you will have the ability to save 3 load-outs at rebel and cop shop. You can save and change these at will. This system will apply this load-out to your character, and charge you accordingly. It’s our hope that this will allow you to get back into the fight faster, and reduce the amount of times you forget something!

 

Also included with this goal, is the return of the lottery system. For those of you that remember, this will act similar as it did before. You can play the lottery at any gas station, may the odds be ever in your favor!

 

What happens if you pass the donation goal? We have some nice extras we would like to also add that will be listed with the donation goal. 


 

Something to note, I did not start my ownership at Asylum with a full bank account ready to cover months of server cost. I am starting fresh. With that in mind, I want to ensure you guys are rewarded for your contributions to keep the lights on.

 

This donation goal is in addition to regular development. This was implemented to give everyone a common goal to work towards while rewarding you with additional items for everyone. 

 

Current Asylum Development 

 

 I have to be careful to not over promise and under deliver here. During my conversation tonight with the Devs. We have decided to get Cop prestige into the server. Azeh is currently working on the functionality behind that system implemented and ready for your use!  


 

Again, I really appreciate the outpouring of support you guys have given me is such a short amount of time. I am excited for the future, and I hope you are too!

 

-Mitch

DankBud, Bazzajack, Xehons and 33 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

[60, civilian, -1, 0, "Nourished", "Food and drink consumption reduced by 25%."],

 

So does this just not apply anymore or is your food and drink automatically reduced by 25%?

Flare Chaser likes this

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Jesse said:

We’ll be upping how much the 2nd talent that was 50% to be 75% more than likely. 

Is this supposed to happen in the coming days or is this later down the line?

 

Flare Chaser likes this

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Copa said:

Is this supposed to happen in the coming days or is this later down the line?

 

This is all stuff being worked on this month. Hopefully all in by end of month. Except the goal stuff. That’d be added in sometime the following month. 

Flare Chaser likes this

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, ghxst said:

will the apd talents be changed?

At this time no. As that’s a whitelisted force. The aim of these changes was to make it more beginner friendly or for people to play with their friends more easily without the hassle of “having” to grind talents for the basic things we felt should be just a given. 

ghxst and BlackShot like this

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Ari Petrou said:

but making hunters illegal without a master bounty hunter license.

This.... Now anyone driving A hunter has to be stopped and checked for a license.  Watch cops say... O my bad i didnt see ur license when i siezed it.

 

How is a officer going to check my license if i get leathaled? 

Edited by bigjohn561

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

This.... Now anyone driving A hunter has to be stopped and checked for a license.  Watch cops say... O my bad i didnt see ur license when i siezed it.

 

How is a officer going to check my license if i get leathaled? 

Seems awkward... what if your hunter gets stolen or abandoned as well?

Theres lot of situations where you won't be able to check the licenses of the original owner

Edited by Lucien

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Lucien said:

Seems awkward... what if your hunter gets stolen or abandoned as well?

Theres lot of situations where you won't be able to check the licenses of the original owner

maybe theres some way to make it say if it was pulled with a licence or not when checking reg?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

maybe theres some way to make it say if it was pulled with a licence or not when checking reg?

Or just reimplement that you need a license to pull it... if its illegal there no reason not to pull an ifrit instead

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

 

I wanted to update you on what is currently going on with Asylum! After a couple hour conversation with the team of development, we have come up with this plan. Let’s take a look.

 

Talent Rework:

 

Our goal is to reduce the amount of talents we currently have in the server. When looking at the list. The development team and I found that there were far too many that didn’t need to be locked behind a talent. A great example of this is the defibrillator talent. I can't find a reason why you need to have that as a talent to revive someone. So, it’s gone. Listed below are the talents that are either removed, or changed.

Tweaked talents:

[1, civilian, -1, 0, "Vigilante", "Able to purchase Bounty Hunter license. Max bounty $50,000."],  (You will now be able to buy a BH license without a talent, but your bounty will be limited to 50k)

[8, civilian, 7, 4, "Master Bounty Hunter", "Access to civilian Hunter (Make Pull-able - Get APD to make as PC for pull over and check license.) Now, you can pull a hunter if you have one in your garage, and do not have this talent learned. However, it would then be considered an illegal vehicle and the APD will have the ability to seize it. 

 

Removed talents:

 

[9, civilian, -1, 0, "First Aid", "Can use blood bag to heal up to 80 health."],

[10, civilian, 9, 1, "First Aid Level B", "Can use blood bag to heal up to 90 health."],

[11, civilian, 10, 2, "First Aid Level C", "Can use blood bag to heal up to 100 health."],

[12, civilian, 9, 1, "Shocking", "Can revive an unconscious player with defibrillator."],

[13, civilian, 12, 2, "Jaws of Life", "Able to pull unconscious players from a vehicle."],

[15, civilian, -1, 0, "Unrestricted License", "Ability to buy the SUV, Hatchback (Sport), Box/Fuel Truck and Vans."],

[16, civilian, 15, 1, "Chauffeur License", "Receive taxi pick-up requests."], — removed due to not in use current mission  

[18, civilian, 15, 1, "Private Pilot", "Ability to buy and take out small helicopters."],

[27, civilian, -1, 0, "Rebel", "Able to buy Rebel License."],

[28, civilian, 27, 1, "Guerilla", "Able to buy and use ghillie suits."],

[29, civilian, 27, 1, "Marksman", "Able to buy and use 7.62mm rifles and ammunition.  (Can not have Master Bounty Hunter)."],

[37, civilian, -1, 0, "Citizenship", "Able to buy home owners license."],

[55, civilian, -1, 0, "Awareness", "See the location of group and gang members on your map."],

  [56, civilian, -1, 0, "Grand Theft Auto", "Able to pick locks of standard ground vehicles."],

[60, civilian, -1, 0, "Nourished", "Food and drink consumption reduced by 25%."],

[63, civilian, -1, 0, "Something Fishy", "Longer reach when catching fish by hand."],

 

These above listed talents in red are just going to be removed, and those abilities will be automatically afforded to you. It is my hope that less talents of this nature will make it easier for new people to start out, and participate in the action. Your new talent limit will be 19.


 

Donation Goal:

 

Tomorrow night, a system will be implemented into the main page of the forums. This will be a donation goal bar to show what percentage we are at for meeting the months goal. Each month, there will be a unique reward for meeting that months goal. These goal rewards will be available to everyone on the server. Key sales and personal donations will all count towards this goal. 

 

This months goal will consist of the following.

 

Saved load-outs:

 

For Cop and Civ, you will have the ability to save 3 load-outs at rebel and cop shop. You can save and change these at will. This system will apply this load-out to your character, and charge you accordingly. It’s our hope that this will allow you to get back into the fight faster, and reduce the amount of times you forget something!

 

Also included with this goal, is the return of the lottery system. For those of you that remember, this will act similar as it did before. You can play the lottery at any gas station, may the odds be ever in your favor!

 

What happens if you pass the donation goal? We have some nice extras we would like to also add that will be listed with the donation goal. 


 

Something to note, I did not start my ownership at Asylum with a full bank account ready to cover months of server cost. I am starting fresh. With that in mind, I want to ensure you guys are rewarded for your contributions to keep the lights on.

 

This donation goal is in addition to regular development. This was implemented to give everyone a common goal to work towards while rewarding you with additional items for everyone. 

 

Current Asylum Development 

 

 I have to be careful to not over promise and under deliver here. During my conversation tonight with the Devs. We have decided to get Cop prestige into the server. Azeh is currently working on the functionality behind that system implemented and ready for your use!  


 

Again, I really appreciate the outpouring of support you guys have given me is such a short amount of time. I am excited for the future, and I hope you are too!

 

-Mitch

I watched this man go from random civ, to support, to admin, then Community Manager, but he is now the owner of asylum and from what this list looks like he can make it exciting again. @Mitch (IFRIT) You've taken big leaps and most of us are proud of you, keep pushing.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ari Petrou said:

This all looks fucked, I understand removing medical and grand theft but making hunters illegal without a master bounty hunter license and able to go to rebel and BH shop is fucked.

You know what’s fucked? The fact that BH gets a Hunter in the first place

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Jake said:

You know what’s fucked? The fact that BH gets a Hunter in the first place

Deadass, i realize BH go after dangerous people that tend to roll in groups, but not even standard cops get armor, why should they

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Ari Petrou said:

Retard, a friend could buy a hunter then I could go claim it at chop shop and its legal. Now it will be illegal to even drive one without the talent.

I believe Mitch meant to put license. Not talent. It will essentially be the same as how rebels need the talent to purchase. Not to pull. We were trying to make it an equal requirement field across the board. So you need an active BH license to drive the vehicle legally. However you don’t need to keep that talent just like how you can buy ifrits then unlearn the talent. 

BlackShot likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...