Jump to content
Mitch (IFRIT)

Looking ahead January

Recommended Posts

Hello!

 

I want to start by saying thank you. Thank you to those who were able to assist us in reaching our first goal since the ownership change. This first month has taught me a ton. It's because of you guys that this is all possible. I appreciate the countless messages I have received over the last 30 days. The messages with support, suggestions and issues have all helped to shape my first month as Owner.

With the formalities out of the way, let's take a dive into what I hope we can accomplish during January.  

 

The January rewards have been posted. SWAT, vehicle customization, and additional achievement titles!  Due to the holiday season, I have not been able to speak with development as much as I have been able to in the past. I'm sure we were busy, just like many of you. With that, I do not have all the details at my fingertips to disclose about the vehicle customization. But the idea is that you will be able to change the skins on the vehicle, increase the speed some, and potentially increase the storage capacity. Once I have another "sit down" with them to hammer out those details, I will be sure to let you all know. 

The SWAT system will be sort of like it was before. But I believe there was always room for improvement within that feature. I am hopeful that we can bring those improvements into today's system. I have a long list of detailed suggestions saved and will reference that when speaking with development when hammering out the fine details. If you too have ideas and suggestions, please make them public! Your time to help shape this is now!

Additional titles for achievements obtained in-game.  There are so many things that we all do on a daily basis, and some that we don't do much of. Looking at what we track, we have a ton of fresh potential for ranks to be displayed. If you want to brag that you have collected a shit ton of various items, sold, or otherwise have done. I believe you should be able to brag about it. What Kavala troll doesn't want to brag for selling a ton of weed?

 

Continuing 

 

I have created a new idea to help us as a community cover our monthly needs, while making these rewards available to more people with various household budgets. This will be known as the subscriber system. The rewards are awesome, at a very friendly price. However, I will admit that sub systems are an extremely popular system with just about every company. And that can sometimes be frustrating. So i want to put all the cards on the table to ensure that you are able to understand why it's being done. Currently, our ways to cover our cost fluctuate on a month to month basis. We have donor levels and loot crates. While these are great systems, they are anything but reliable. People buy crates to get an item if they choose, but once they get that item. They no longer need to purchase that key.. I have no way to gauge what the income will be for the month, and to me, that is a terrible way to run any business. The price of this subscription has been set to ensure we cover what we need to, and to give you minimal impact to your wallet. If you have feedback, or suggestions please let me know.  This system is not currently implemented, as there is dev work that is needed. If I am able to have part of this system done, such as everything but the custom titles and the license plates. I will offer the subscription at a reduced price until it is fully completed. When I get a better ETA on this, I will let you guys know. 

ef43f613f56012306a7d972668c85280-png.jpg

 

And for the final note,

 

Since I now have access to the donation information of everyone in the community. I realized there are people who have donated over the current top rank (Donor 7). But yet they are not rewarded for their contribution past donor 7. I have decided to add some additional ranks that will cover all the amounts that current active people have obtained. I am not ready to post the details of those additional ranks yet. I still need to fine tune them before going public. I just wanted you to all be aware of what is going on in the world of ownership. Information is power. 


 

Until next time,

 

Mitch 

 

 

Edit:

I forgot to add....

Our January development is working towards a refined war system and the return of infamy. It's my hope that you guys will gain a ton of value from these features.

 

Edit 2:

The stats that i speak of above are all not being tracked currently. So anything you have done over the last 4 years will not count due to it not being tracked in this way. Once this goes live, we will start tracking such items.

Share this post


Link to post

Ngl you're doing better at owner then many aswell as myself expected. Honestly didn't see myself coming back and playing Asylum over Olympus a few months ago but actually been enjoying it how I use to when I first started playing.

 

Nice to see more positive changes and progression within the community.

 

Also what is the monthly goal amount?

Edited by Mason Statham
Lucien likes this

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Mason Statham said:

Ngl you're doing better at owner then many aswell as myself expected. Honestly didn't see myself coming back and playing Asylum over Olympus a few months ago but actually been enjoying it how I use to when I first started playing.

 

Nice to see more positive changes and progression within the community.

 

Also what is the monthly goal amount?

I appreciate the kind words. It's all been by trial and error. Just trying to not hit my head on the way!

The amount is kept personal. There are too many savages out there that would like to know the total for ill reasons. But it's a reasonable amount that will help cover the cost we have to put this on. I hope you can understand that I don't want to disclose that. I work to be as transparent as I can. But there are a couple things I keep private. 

9 minutes ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

You’re still a gay cowboy! 🤣

paul rudd good job GIF by Saturday Night Live

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

But the idea is that you will be able to change the skins on the vehicle, increase the speed some, and potentially increase the storage capacity. Once I have another "sit down" with them to hammer out those details, I will be sure to let you all know.

This sounds a little bit familiar, hmm ...

Sikorsky and Lucien like this

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

The January rewards have been posted. SWAT, vehicle customization, and additional achievement titles!  Due to the holiday season, I have not been able to speak with development as much as I have been able to in the past. I'm sure we were busy, just like many of you. With that, I do not have all the details at my fingertips to disclose about the vehicle customization. But the idea is that you will be able to change the skins on the vehicle, increase the speed some, and potentially increase the storage capacity. Once I have another "sit down" with them to hammer out those details, I will be sure to let you all know. 

The SWAT system will be sort of like it was before. But I believe there was always room for improvement within that feature. I am hopeful that we can bring those improvements into today's system. I have a long list of detailed suggestions saved and will reference that when speaking with development when hammering out the fine details. If you too have ideas and suggestions, please make them public! Your time to help shape this is now!

What i love from you is that you're a man of the people and you're sharing your ideas with the community even before they're set in stone. Transparency is something this community has always wished for, so i'm really glad that you're doing this. 

I have created a new idea to help us as a community cover our monthly needs, while making these rewards available to more people with various household budgets. This will be known as the subscriber system. The rewards are awesome, at a very friendly price. However, I will admit that sub systems are an extremely popular system with just about every company. And that can sometimes be frustrating. So i want to put all the cards on the table to ensure that you are able to understand why it's being done. Currently, our ways to cover our cost fluctuate on a month to month basis. We have donor levels and loot crates. While these are great systems, they are anything but reliable. People buy crates to get an item if they choose, but once they get that item. They no longer need to purchase that key.. I have no way to gauge what the income will be for the month, and to me, that is a terrible way to run any business. The price of this subscription has been set to ensure we cover what we need to, and to give you minimal impact to your wallet. If you have feedback, or suggestions please let me know.  This system is not currently implemented, as there is dev work that is needed. If I am able to have part of this system done, such as everything but the custom titles and the license plates. I will offer the subscription at a reduced price until it is fully completed. When I get a better ETA on this, I will let you guys know. 

I think that in general people "donate" towards games to benefit from it mainly. Knowing that its going towards the support of the development, maintenance etc is just extra incentive, giving benefits in-game is hard due Bohemia's rules. I think rewards like the community rewards are fantastic but ideas for more rewards i was thinking about Discord, TS, Forum things or some actual sick looking cosmetics (I wonder if we're able to change cosmetics of weapons).

 

Share this post


Link to post

SWAT should not be a sign in and wait for everyone else thing like it was prior. It should just be a gear up option usable once per event per person (bank/prison etc.). There were too many issues with the black waiting screen previously. 

If it is necessary for SWAT to all go together, then make it a policy for SWAT members to group up at HQ before pushing. That way, if anyone experiences any issues with game crashes or w/e, it won't fuck SWAT up for everyone else (as it would have previously on the black wait screen).

Lucien, Huan Lee, Shepurd and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Pizza Man said:

This sounds a little bit familiar, hmm ...

It’s stuff people enjoy and have asked about. Mainly the ability to increase storage on vehicles. Especially after we did adjust storage down on some for balance. Just because other servers have something doesn’t mean we should not do it. It’s competition, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

Can't wait to see how SWAT turns out

Swat commander rod

 

@Mitch (IFRIT) i assume due to being able to buy the black mk in rebel shop people should stop being hit with possession of police equipment for having one?

Edited by Lucien
Roice, Rodrigo and Mason Statham like this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lucien said:

Swat commander rod

 

@Mitch (IFRIT) i assume due to being able to buy the black mk in rebel shop people should stop being hit with possession of police equipment for having one?

It would still get treated as possession of police equipment. But you wouldn't get the charges stacked of illegal firearm and possession of police equipment. It would just be one charge, never two.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

It would still get treated as possession of police equipment. But you wouldn't get the charges stacked of illegal firearm and possession of police equipment. It would just be one charge, never two.

Why would it still be police equipment if you can buy it at rebel as a sub?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Lucien said:

Why would it still be police equipment if you can buy it at rebel as a sub?

Because the cops would have zero idea where it actually came from. Since black is apd, i am going to leave it at that. It's just a perk that you can get that color from rebel. 

Lucien likes this

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

It would still get treated as possession of police equipment. But you wouldn't get the charges stacked of illegal firearm and possession of police equipment. It would just be one charge, never two.

I mean every cop gun is a illegal gun either way other then the p07 depending on if they have a bounty hunters licence. I feel you should be able to charge them with one or the other and it not matter at all

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Mason Statham said:

Wait is a gang wars actually gonna happen?

Baby steps. We need gangs active on our server first.

However, I'm very interested to see wars and a war point system be put back in. Maybe a Gang War Rank will also be added based on a variety of points (gang war kills/successful cartel/turf captures that have actual combat/maybe even Feds/banks etc) and have those points build over say 3 months where they are used to seed your gang in the actual Gang Wars Event, ideally happening at the end of each "War Season," if that makes sense. 

Good Lub likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...