Jump to content
Rodrigo

APD Promotion System

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Pizza Man said:

Delete 2nd lieutenant. Make it so the higher up in the apd you go, the more you are expected to follow the guidebook not less.

If I remember correctly Olympus has a police rank for admins that is a mix of corp and sgt or something. Not sure if that's still a thing on their but a similar system on here might be interesting instead of 2nd LT

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pizza Man said:

Delete 2nd lieutenant. 

No - thats an admin only rank for those that actually were active Lieutenants of the APD.  Its not a given rank if you reach admin

12 minutes ago, Lucian said:

If I remember correctly Olympus has a police rank for admins that is a mix of corp and sgt or something. Not sure if that's still a thing on their but a similar system on here might be interesting instead of 2nd LT

Admins get Corporal if they are ranked constable in the APD.  Thats the only perk.

 

You DO NOT GET 2ND LT IF YOU ARE AN ADMIN, ONLY IF YOU HAVE BEEN THE RANK OF LT BEFORE OR DURING YOUR ADMIN TENURE.

 

You also lose the 2nd LT rank if you are no longer staff.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, william said:

I would rather a promotion system based off skill, leadership and knowledge, maybe an hour requirement?

Something along the lines of this. Something has to change tbf, the system we have now is : Oh you have been here for 2 years and you are friends with higherups, time for you to climb the ranks of the APD sir. And it has always been like this, a change is good and healthy for the APD. 

7 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

You DO NOT GET 2ND LT IF YOU ARE AN ADMIN, ONLY IF YOU HAVE BEEN THE RANK OF LT BEFORE OR DURING YOUR ADMIN TENURE.

 

You also lose the 2nd LT rank if you are no longer staff.

 

 

I managed to get it without being an LT. And that tilted people to the moon and back.

Rebel Rodrigo never been higher than SGT got 2nd LT, all the salty cops ooooooof. First thing that happend when I stepped down was my 2nd LT getting removed.

Lucien and william like this

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

the system we have now is : Oh you have been here for 2 years and you are friends with higherups, time for you to climb the ranks of the APD sir.

For the past five years I have noticed a strong pattern of having a vagina and climbing the ranks absurdly fast too 

Kyle_, Ludde, Lucien and 8 others like this

Share this post


Link to post

I have played here since 2014... Since then i have put over 5.5 maybe 6k hours into asylum a very very long time, in the time i have played iv'e seen lots of good and bad higher ups but ive seen some who have held the rank WAAAAAAAAAY too long... There should be harsher requirements for higher ups, The in game requirements need to be a lot higher as everyone knows its rare you see a Lieutenant on unless they are doing the monthly requirement, out of game could be the same or even less depending on the in game requirement. There needs to be more positions as well only have 12 Lieutenants and 9 sergeants per server * idk if actually changed since only two are up at the moment * is actually shit... fighting over them each month was all ways so cancer because unless you knee pad or are best friends with a Lieutenant or captain you get over looked for their friends and i know this happens because i got Sergeant like that. even though i had worked hard there was 100% others who deserved it more but i was just lucky to have more friend Lieutenants at the time of the others and a captain... Iv'e also seen many people get promoted who are dog shit role players or toxic as fuck but get the rank because there * friend sways the votes * If you fail your first month requirement without a absent request you should get a warning that stays on your Application for 2-3 months, second missed month you should be demoted. If you get your rank back and do it again then it should come with a cool down period of 2-3 months period before able to receive your rank back and if it just so happens your spot is gone so be it should of done your requirements. I've seen many officers ranked constable/corporal/sergeant who are amazing at role play amazing with the guidebook and never lose there temper in a situation and they get overlooked because there isn't enough slots open or they dont *PLAY* with the right people..

As for corporal applications i think ALL Sergeants should vote, not just the server sergeants as you dont just play 1 server as a constable.

Same for Sergeant promotions, ALL Lieutenants should vote on them... with that being said they could still abstain if they chose too or not.

I dont play anymore but i thought id go on a small rant because you're right, something needs to change. I just hope nobody gets flamed by my comments,  Being a long time asylum player i hope the server gets back to being 3 or 4 servers and having them full.

 

Thanks for reading :)

Edited by Crossfade

Share this post


Link to post

Good read.... I think it would be beneficial to require more out of Sergeants and Lieutenants.... but I’m not sure what could be required/implemented... enough where it can be easily done, but also enough where the people who are holding rank for no more than holding rank (don’t play), would rather retire than the hassle of keeping their ranks

Chow Mein, Rodrigo and Crossfade like this

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Jake said:

Good read.... I think it would be beneficial to require more out of Sergeants and Lieutenants.... but I’m not sure what could be required/implemented... enough where it can be easily done, but also enough where the people who are holding rank for no more than holding rank (don’t play), would rather retire than the hassle of keeping their ranks

Maybe holding the Rank of LT you should be required to do 1 training a month? Hold a few briefings a month, up the play time requirement by 25% - 40% idk what it is atm last i remember it was like 20 hours a month.. maybe for every training they do the playtime requirement is reduced by 5-10% maximum of 30% time removed, just shit to make them more active or make them interact with civs/other officers more. i remember a time where trying to find a LT to do a house raid was near impossible and if there was one on ts or even in game they would just say nah fuck it cant be bothered, would rather just fuck around doing stupid shit. i get that its just a game and that the ranks all ready have a pretty high expectation but honestly the people who hold the ranks do the bare minimum.. 

 

 

Just a suggestion... Also i think there should be a maximum time you can hold a rank like lieutenant 12 months, maybe 9 months for sergeant.. just because how many people are denied due to being maxed slots or something... maybe it could be worked around by like the more active you are the longer you can have it, meeting all your requirements every month, barely any AR's etc etc so the people who do fuck all every month get removed quicker..

Edited by Crossfade
edited the last bit in
Lucien and Rodrigo like this

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Cheech'nChong said:

For the past five years I have noticed a strong pattern of having a vagina and climbing the ranks absurdly fast too 

really really REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY fast if you have a camera phone or webcam xD xD

Edited by Crossfade

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Crossfade said:

Maybe holding the Rank of LT you should be required to do 1 training a month? Hold a few briefings a month, up the play time requirement by 25% - 40% idk what it is atm last i remember it was like 20 hours a month.. maybe for every training they do the playtime requirement is reduced by 5-10% maximum of 30% time removed, just shit to make them more active or make them interact with civs/other officers more. i remember a time where trying to find a LT to do a house raid was near impossible and if there was one on ts or even in game they would just say nah fuck it cant be bothered, would rather just fuck around doing stupid shit. i get that its just a game and that the ranks all ready have a pretty high expectation but honestly the people who hold the ranks do the bare minimum.. 

 

 

Just a suggestion... Also i think there should be a maximum time you can hold a rank like lieutenant 12 months, maybe 9 months for sergeant.. just because how many people are denied due to being maxed slots or something... maybe it could be worked around by like the more active you are the longer you can have it, meeting all your requirements every month, barely any AR's etc etc so the people who do fuck all every month get removed quicker..

If they do anything with trainings they should redo a lot of trainings to actually make them useful. For anyone whos played the server and done things on civ they are a waste of time tbh.

8 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

You also lose the 2nd LT rank if you are no longer staff.

#givesharing2ndLTback

Crossfade likes this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cheech'nChong said:

For the past five years I have noticed a strong pattern of having a vagina and climbing the ranks absurdly fast too 

They just have strong guidebook knowledge wym

Cheech'nChong likes this

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

When will we ever see a change? As this has been the same forever.

Could be good with a change if you ask me.

Anyone have ideas?

Jay for 2nd LT btw

retired captain should be a Corporal!  they don't give a fuck about the guide book after they retire ,maybe they would keep the APD guide book rules as a Corporal

Durga is a good example

Edited by ron the player
thero, Bustah, Good Lub and 3 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

Something along the lines of this. Something has to change tbf, the system we have now is : Oh you have been here for 2 years and you are friends with higherups, time for you to climb the ranks of the APD sir. And it has always been like this, a change is good and healthy for the APD. 

I managed to get it without being an LT. And that tilted people to the moon and back.

Rebel Rodrigo never been higher than SGT got 2nd LT, all the salty cops ooooooof. First thing that happend when I stepped down was my 2nd LT getting removed.

its hard to change

even in real life promotions are usually based on how much you like the person and not so much about their work ethic and whatever. Sometimes you like a person because of work ethic and sometimes you like a person because they suck your cock and are friends with u. it’s just human nature

I’m not really sure how to fix this except let envy take over apd and we will straighten things out

Lucien and Chow Mein like this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Reapered said:

its hard to change

even in real life promotions are usually based on how much you like the person and not so much about their work ethic and whatever. Sometimes you like a person because of work ethic and sometimes you like a person because they suck your cock and are friends with u. it’s just human nature

I’m not really sure how to fix this except let envy take over apd and we will straighten things out

Yeah I think Envy Inc. could solve the issues we are having.

Lucien and .Casper like this

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Batcan said:

Yeah I think Envy Inc. could solve the issues we are having.

I also believe if they were to work in cooperation with swatcan they would have no problem with this.

Share this post


Link to post

I think the in-game playtime requirement needs to be much steeper. My biggest problem with the APD is high ranks not using what equipment they are blessed with, and usually not even being on at all. I get on and play Arma 3 and only on Asylum basically for 4-5 days a week, for at least 3 hours usually more prime time Pacific US. I can't expect all those people to to do the same as me. That's just a level of free time my industry affords and isn't realistic for many, though I do believe I should still see more activity than I do.

I refuse to lie when I say that I don't see enough people holding their SGT+ rank on enough in-game in my OPINION. In-game leadership and efficacy has always been the most important ideal to me though as most will know. If they aren't going to come in game, pull armor, get officers moving in some sort of organized strategy, and be the game mechanic the police are supposed to be, I say why bother?

Administration on the forums and such is certainly necessary, and important as well. I just wish I saw more people willing to throw orders out. Even if they don't work because mine don't always. I just like the effort. The willingness to step up. To tell someone to watch that gate. That's their one job. You die? Go back to that gate. Let's win one. Comradery etc.

TL;DR

In-game leadership is important. Wish I saw more of it.

Lucien, K1NG, Alec-I and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Mason Statham said:

Yes.

Higher ups always act like they don't like kneepadding but you'll always see the kneepadders get promoted whilst other people who actually just play and make the game fun sit at constable.

Or it’s becauae we don’t follow rules like not using sirens to initiate on orcas xD

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

Haha pretty sure everyone knows that. Still I managed to get it right?

Yeah, my point is that there is always going to be politics no matter what system you have in place. You can't accurately measure "leadership" and "dedication", etc. It's all fairly subjective.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Samperino said:

Yeah, my point is that there is always going to be politics no matter what system you have in place. You can't accurately measure "leadership" and "dedication", etc. It's all fairly subjective.

Agreed to a certain extent. If you think about it the promotion system in the APD is not about leadership. There is alot of dedication that's for sure, but that's about it. The higherups at this point are glorified members of the APD, for the simple fact they have been around longer. ( most of them )

HomeTrlx, Ludde and thero like this

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Samperino said:

I love you Rodrigo

Don't they all ? :kappa:

While you are on this topic tho.

Do you have any ideas? Or do you feel the APD are flawless diamonds?

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Rodrigo said:

Don't they all ? :kappa:

While you are on this topic tho.

Do you have any ideas? Or do you feel the APD are flawless diamonds?

The suggestions & feedback section isn't really my domain but the APD is top heavy right now. Too much emphasis on the upper end, not enough on the lower end.

Shantarr Dalrae likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...