"broken economy"

can we PLEASE for the love of god get over this "broken economy" mentality? no one wants to grind for 4 hours to make 500k anymore, and the people that want to still can. people want to actually play the game and have fun. notice how olympus has easy money making methods and a "broken economy" but has a much larger player base....because they can PLAY THE GAME.

no one cares about your 9 year old virtual economy. the rich people dont spend their money, so dont punish the rest of us. let us play. 

thanks,

johnny

King, Big fart, Alec-I and 23 others like this

Its simple new players join the server, get frustrated because its so slow and everyone with money fucks them over at every chance they get

1) x3 the sell price off all items as a start and tweek the numbers after a week or so to get a good balance

2) Split mining from quarry and High yeld quarry into the parts ( copper,Iron,Diamond) as rng for new players is just silly

3) have a protected money making way  for example Copper if a player is doing copper they cannot be robbed so if a rebal finds someone mining the can search the truck by lock picking as soon as they see copper they can't touch it make it a banable offence ( not as much money as anything else but a state to protect new players)

4) there is only 1 server lower the ammount of houses people can own as new players can't get any even semi decent houses and lower the max cap they can be sold for

killer11 and Silver-Spy like this
52 minutes ago, MagicSpoon said:

there is only 1 server lower the ammount of houses people can own as new players can't get any even semi decent houses and lower the max cap they can be sold for

Fine with everything except this tbh. Too late to adjust the house caps and if they lower the max cap people are just gonna want a wire transfer like in the past

Guest Doomba

On jah. Been living the grind life lately and its fucking awful on this server.

Get rid of puri and bring back house weed!

Or just 3x the amount shit sells for

Edited by Doomba

I was vocally a big proponent of removing passive money making when it was a thing because it strongly deterred against players getting into combat. However you are indeed correct about the economy being too far gone, for new players they're just going to give up too quick unfortunately.

I would advocate for the sell prices for all items to be increased by a globally determined percentage (whether that be 100%, 200% or whatever.) This way moneymaking still has risk, IE: 1 of your meth runs getting robbed, however it can be recouped with 1 successful meth run due to sell prices being increased.

Kawaii, zdeat and operatorjohnny^ like this

The issue is they released broken money making methods only to fix them later on after people had already capitalized on them severely. The passive bullshit, dom used to be insane for money, and now that it has all been nerfed people have been left in the dust. The thing about olympus is an mk1 costs 100k, pretty much a 10x most things asylum has. They should keep passive the way it is and multiply the current money making methods that have actual risk by some factor (2, 3, or 4 times). It could bring back the cops and robbers atmosphere that the server was built on. Pretty much more people would do things on the server rather than Athira having 30 people running around pistol banging each other. @Gen. Henry Arnold @Ronald 

God1, Ronald and Chris Peacock like this
12 hours ago, Batcan said:

The issue is they released broken money making methods only to fix them later on after people had already capitalized on them severely. The passive bullshit, dom used to be insane for money, and now that it has all been nerfed people have been left in the dust. The thing about olympus is an mk1 costs 100k, pretty much a 10x most things asylum has. They should keep passive the way it is and multiply the current money making methods that have actual risk by some factor (2, 3, or 4 times). It could bring back the cops and robbers atmosphere that the server was built on. Pretty much more people would do things on the server rather than Athira having 30 people running around pistol banging each other. @Gen. Henry Arnold @Ronald 

Oh I agree, I've said many times nerfing money making only hurts newer players. The older player base already has money and the means to make money through the groups they play with but passive mode john is fucked

increase the price of small illegals things as well, turtles should probably sell for more for the effort being put in. havent seen anyone do turled in 5 years i swear.

some of the drugs arent even done now because there is no point, even new players know this.

could add in local cartels or captures that increase the price as well for each drug. have a cap near heroin, coke, meth and weed that will increase sell price by 50-150%.

- Better lifetime quests for all legal money making methods with good buffs that make them worth grinding and encourage long term use of the method
- Some type of quest add on or contract system that pays good for certain legal activities, but will void if you commit a crime while it's active
- Maybe create a type of gang like "business" group that behaves like the contract idea, only being lucrative if you're legal, while offering insurances against robbery
- Up the value of all drugs/spirits/contraband, but also up all tickets so the reward is balanced to risk. Drugs should feel like a dangerous shortcut rather than a requirement to even afford your house tax. 
- If illegals upped, give legal methods a slight boost too so they aren't totally abandoned
- Split quarries to be more specific: copper mine, iron mine, gem mine
- Similar to Boomerman's idea, have "mini-cartels" for each major city or drug that layer under the cuts of the main cartels, but only if all illegals have a major price buff
- Make the value of the mats used to craft guns/vics/vests far far less than market value. As it is, crafting is only worth it for large crafting operations that control turfs and cartels. This would make black market more lively, mines more lively, other crafting mat fields more lively, and make exchange an actual marketplace people go for things. 

Bob Danaloo, Bherky, GravL and 1 other like this

I think the change is pretty simple, take your average everyday items like vehicles and gear sets and make them cheaper to make it where people will actually go and fight stuff. This is one of the biggest reasons gang v gang fights are dead asf is because let’s say you got push OG arms with an ifrit let’s say your kit is 30k and your ifrit after upgrades and taxes is gonna be roughly around 150k you die the you respawn re gear and push again with another ifrit. Keep in mind this is only 2 life’s at a cartel when back in the day you had people putting multiple life’s at cartel each fight. If you die twice and lose both of those ifrits you are now down roughly 360k give or take. That is insane to me and that has just killed fights period. No one can afford to get on the server and have a couple fun fights. 
(Note: this is not a bash anyway on devs, economy is one of the hardest things to keep in check on a server and have a good balance. Like someone said above the passive money making went on to long and the fix was to absolutely sink the economy for a little.)

Now some people say we should just increase money making I disagree because you still have to have a balanced economy when it comes to the more end game gear and stuff like real-estate, explosives, etc. I think far as how much money specific things make will take some digging in numbers but a simple fix for what most people have a problem with is to lower the prices of helis, gear sets and almost all vehicles.

GravL likes this