Jump to content
bamf

Change log 8.1.7

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, bamf said:

It's fine now...

Thank you sir.  There was also an issue at air field refuel area.  Wouldn't let us refuel using it.  No scroll wheel options on the fuel things.  Ohhh and cocaine pit is now vertical instead of well horizontal... Like you have to see it its not flat its standing up if that makes sense.  Like a green wall.  The coke thing ain't game breaking, it works but it is weird. @bamf

Edited by Wop

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Wop said:

Ohhh and cocaine pit is now vertical instead of well horizontal... Like you have to see it its not flat its standing up if that makes sense.  Like a green wall.

 

@Poseidon do something like this?

[if cocaine_pit=exist, then cocaine_pit=vertical]

 

if you couldnt tell IDK HOW TO FUCKING CODE :FeelsBadMan:

.Casper likes this

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

We'll likely roll out a hotfix update tomorrow with fixes for various map issues and other issues we noticed. Please keep posting any issues you find.

Good work man!:100:

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

We'll likely roll out a hotfix update tomorrow with fixes for various map issues and other issues we noticed. Please keep posting any issues you find.

is there a code in there for Gnashes to see ??? :frog:

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Poseidon said:

We'll likely roll out a hotfix update tomorrow with fixes for various map issues and other issues we noticed. Please keep posting any issues you find.

This mafucker has 8 posts and 130 rep. None of you forum like whores can be that.

Good job btw

skimancole likes this

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, CrispySliick said:

@Poseidon do something like this?

[if cocaine_pit=exist, then cocaine_pit=vertical]

 

if you couldnt tell IDK HOW TO FUCKING CODE :FeelsBadMan:

We like to call what your intentions are in that pseudo code, a dirty hack. :frog:

Probably don't care but surrounding things in [ ] makes an array in most languages so placing an if statement inside an array isn't a good idea, you will typically see if statements doing something like

if (cocaine_pit == exist) {

 cocaine_pit = vertical;

}

 

And you don't check if cocaine_pit = exist you check == or ===, doing = exist would set the variable cocaine_pit to exist while the others checks if cocaine_pit is exist. As for "then" you sometimes see this in python and other languages that have "simple" code but majority languages use { } as shown above whatever is placed within the { } is basically the then if the if statement is not true then whatever is in that if statement is not executed.

 

Like I said, probably don't care but maybe someone does :kermit:

Edited by DiversityCSGO
Good Lub and Silver-Spy like this

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, DiversityCSGO said:

We like to call what your intentions are in that pseudo code, a dirty hack. :frog:

Probably don't care but surrounding things in [ ] makes an array in most languages so placing an if statement inside an array isn't a good idea, you will typically see if statements doing something like

if (cocaine_pit == exist) {

 cocaine_pit = vertical;

}

 

And you don't check if cocaine_pit = exist you check == or ===, doing = exist would set the variable cocaine_pit to exist while the others checks if cocaine_pit is exist. As for "then" you sometimes see this in python and other languages that have "simple" code but majority languages use { } as shown above whatever is placed within the { } is basically the then if the if statement is not true then whatever is in that if statement is not executed.

 

Like I said, probably don't care but maybe someone does :kermit:

English please

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, bamf said:

Well the server stayed at around 45 FPS while mostly full, so probably?

How many scripts did he optimize? As well we're there any key things he fixed?

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Steve said:

How many scripts did he optimize? As well we're there any key things he fixed?

 

 

In another post, we were talking about jail time not saving and this is what he had to say about the 2nd update btw -- not a key thing in this one but definitely a key factor for the next update:

On 7/16/2018 at 1:59 AM, Poseidon said:

This should be fixed with my 2nd update which overhauls the way data syncs.

 

1 hour ago, Azeh said:

Also from  a quick look at the diff Azeh posted it looks like mainly code cleanup (a lot of bad formatting being fixed).

 

Edit 1: It also looks like he added timers for a few things to give it some time to load which is mainly where we are probably seeing better FPS instead of loading things all at once.

 

Edit 2: Also I saw a few things change from execVM to spawn functions. I'm unsure of this but I would think execVM would take up more memory compared to spawn... So another client memory possible fix which would add more FPS.

 

Edit 3 (final edit): It looks like the last difference I can really find is, he renamed/moved some files (cleaning up the code base) for example:

Chair/sitdown.sqf  core/functions/fn_sitDown.sqf

He moved Chair/sitdown.sqf script to the core/functions directory (easier to find the core functions) and then once in the functions directory I am guessing there is something in SQF or something they made to load functions globally or he included the directory somewhere so he could call the sit down script as a function instead of an execVM call. This has to do with my 2nd edit of him changing execVM's to spawn functions, He more than likely has to move that script to the functions directory so he can call it with spawn instead of execVM and calling a function is faster and less RAM then opening/parsing a script (AKA optimization) 

Explanation of execVM vs Spawn functions:

The reason is I believe execVM probably does what it says executes a Virtual Machine, and if anyone knows anything about VM's they eat RAM hence it slows down the server if too much RAM is used. Most of you have probably built a PC before and probably don't care too much about RAM but its a big thing for hosting. There is always a bunch of stuff going on in a temporary situation where you only need to store it temporarily and move on. For example, your player in the game is not static (not the same all the time) its dynamic (that means it changes). This is one way RAM can be used but typically in my line of work we could be going through a calculation where you are trying to count something up so first you do 100 + 100 = 200 -- well you have to store 200 somewhere so you store it in a variable named $number, well $number has to be held in RAM because sooner or later the script exits and that $number variable needs to be destroyed from RAM because its no longer relevant, by using execVM you use that RAM by using the VM, by using spawn you call a function already included in the file you have open which will still use RAM when executing the function but WAY less.

The only file I did not code review was the mission.sqm and that's mainly cause that thing must be huge and doesn't want to load... But that's my break down from an outside developers point of view at least, I tried to simplify it as simple as possible for you guys.

PS. I don't do any programming in SQF or know much about the language or who @Poseidon is but he's doing a good job and definitely knows what he is doing you can tell just by the quality of the diff Azeh provided (Thanks btw for that Azeh).

Edited by DiversityCSGO

Share this post


Link to post

@Poseidon perhaps something looking into would be the cartel script or something related to it. As soon as we started fighting cartels the server started lagging. I'm thinking it has to do with the way the contesting of a cartel works but I don't know jack shit about SQF it's just something that has happened more the once.

On the bright side last night we did 2 banks a fed and a prison in 1 restart and the server seemed to work very well.

McMuffin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Steve said:

@Poseidon perhaps something looking into would be the cartel script or something related to it. As soon as we started fighting cartels the server started lagging. I'm thinking it has to do with the way the contesting of a cartel works but I don't know jack shit about SQF it's just something that has happened more the once.

On the bright side last night we did 2 banks a fed and a prison in 1 restart and the server seemed to work very well.

Cartels is something i'll be looking into this week.

Sikorsky, Lucien, Kettles and 6 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...