Jump to content

Development ideas


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

medics are useless and waste player slots that are already scarce as it is. No reason to create an afk faction. Nerf fed or buff cops so cops can actually patrol more.

get admins with brains

Wetsuits at rebel, black mk200’s, full screen night vision, scopes at evidence, when you use redgull you have less sway. 

3 hours ago, Toxicc said:

Ghosthawks really wouldn't be a problem if we added in titan's aswell, and even without titan's all you have to do is not shoot the ghosthawk.

Then titans would be used against orca's No point to have the ghost hawk or titans

Link to post
9 hours ago, Karmahunter said:

honestly give cops a ghost hawk with actual ammo +1 obviously super restricted rules, failure to comply, lethal force towards ghost hawk etc to go guns hot not just hehe xd we ghosthawk pew pew pew. Would solve a lot of issues and it's not like ghost hawks are invincible they're made of paper. 

haha flying copter go pew pew gimmie that 🙂

TRYHARD, Abu Hajaar and Karmahunter like this
Link to post

@Mitch (IFRIT) @Gen. Henry Arnold

Actual ideas would be content, not just changing game rules/procedure imo. One thing I'd like to see is an overhaul of several of the federal events, with the addition of a new one as well. I'd also like to see some minor additions added and some things tweaked. Ill start first with the events and list the tweaks last. 

1. Bank is fine.

2. prison should either be removed or reworked. There's really no reason to do it anymore since you get out in 3-5mins by pressing plates. Maybe make the reward for successfully doing it a "get out of jail free card" to be used once during that restart or something like that idk.

3. Fed itself should have a "lockdown" procedure where you need to drill and defend something (perhaps that electrical box in the middle of fed) for like 5-10 mins before you start cracking the domes. This would eliminate smash and grabs which at this point are essentially free. Fed should be a big deal, you should need the people and equipment to do it, where as right now, you can do it with a hatchback and an sdar and be gone before any cop gets the chance to show up. Especially since cops are pushing for this whole "fed event cooldown". If this cooldown gets added, smash and grabs will only hurt the larger groups more and more.

4. Evidence is a really good idea, but it's too easy. You should remove the ability to knock down the corner walls so that rebels need to push 1 of the 4 actual gates. In exchange for this though, spike strips should be EXTREMELY limited or not allowed imo. Also once the fence is off, the charge should take 5-10 mins to go off, so the rebels need to defend as well as attack. This way, both sides get a chance to defend then attack and vice versa. Right now it's way too easy to just roll in, kill all the cops one time and escape wit the hemmit before they even make it back. Making events longer should be a good thing, that way they wont be spammed as much and it allows both sides more of a chance to fight over the stuff. Side note: The weapons from evidence should follow gold bar procedure, I.E. need the 1-3 min all clear before you seize. Because right now we've had SGTs and Constables just suicide rushing the hemmit to seize and it's kind of aids tbh. 

5. An event like Olympus has where a convoy once or twice per restart makes it's way from point A to point B. The rebels would need to attack the convoy and then bring the vehicle/gold/dirty money to an outpost to sell or claim. Would be a nice change of pace, and would certainly encourage multiple groups to go after it. 

6. This is the one im most passionate about. Asylum needs a big ticket federal event. One that requires like 15 cops on to be activated. Call it APD Headquaters or something like that. Make it like fed but with one dome and multiple deer stands. The prize for completing it should be something crazy like a civ strider, ghosthawk, hueron, or unarmed tank. The cops should be able to spawn in early (like with evidence) and have a massive advantage inside of the compound. This chance to get something that no one else would have on the server would make this event a huge deal anytime it popped. Rebels, bounty hunters and even normal civs I'd wager would try and rat the prize from completing it. That way, gangs that do complete it would be rewarded with something that no one else has, and i think that's a cool idea. 

Tweaks:

1. Please make evidence locker spawn the hemmit with scopes/carrier light vest/clothing. So you feel like you're actually getting a loadout when you do it. Also remove the MX's imo, most people doing it aren't bounty hunters so we can't even use them. MXM's with lethal mags are still cool though.

2. Make a new gang talent system that rewards gangs for doing federal events/killing cops. As it stand currently, the gang perks can only be earned by doing cartels (which let's be honest, are dead as fuck most of the time). I'd like to see cop related perks for completing federal events and killing them. You would need to complete each event a predetermined amount of times, say 25 to unlock each perk. for example:

A. Gold Bar sell price increased by 5-10%

B. Ticket prices reduced automatically by 5-10%

C. 20% chance to not ping when accessing an atm

D. Ability to claim cop vehicles

E. Bank money is able to be unbanded instantly

F. 1-5% chance to released from jail immediately after being sent because of "good behavior" Think hospital spawn type of deal

G. 20% chance to not be electrocute by the fence at evidence

H. Ability to acquire flashbang grenades/spike strips from evidence

aqzx127 and Abu Hajaar like this
Link to post
6 minutes ago, Envy_ said:

@Mitch (IFRIT) @Gen. Henry Arnold

Actual ideas would be content, not just changing game rules/procedure imo. One thing I'd like to see is an overhaul of several of the federal events, with the addition of a new one as well. I'd also like to see some minor additions added and some things tweaked. Ill start first with the events and list the tweaks last. 

1. Bank is fine.

2. prison should either be removed or reworked. There's really no reason to do it anymore since you get out in 3-5mins by pressing plates. Maybe make the reward for successfully doing it a "get out of jail free card" to be used once during that restart or something like that idk.

3. Fed itself should have a "lockdown" procedure where you need to drill and defend something (perhaps that electrical box in the middle of fed) for like 5-10 mins before you start cracking the domes. This would eliminate smash and grabs which at this point are essentially free. Fed should be a big deal, you should need the people and equipment to do it, where as right now, you can do it with a hatchback and an sdar and be gone before any cop gets the chance to show up. Especially since cops are pushing for this whole "fed event cooldown". If this cooldown gets added, smash and grabs will only hurt the larger groups more and more.

4. Evidence is a really good idea, but it's too easy. You should remove the ability to knock down the corner walls so that rebels need to push 1 of the 4 actual gates. In exchange for this though, spike strips should be EXTREMELY limited or not allowed imo. Also once the fence is off, the charge should take 5-10 mins to go off, so the rebels need to defend as well as attack. This way, both sides get a chance to defend then attack and vice versa. Right now it's way too easy to just roll in, kill all the cops one time and escape wit the hemmit before they even make it back. Making events longer should be a good thing, that way they wont be spammed as much and it allows both sides more of a chance to fight over the stuff. Side note: The weapons from evidence should follow gold bar procedure, I.E. need the 1-3 min all clear before you seize. Because right now we've had SGTs and Constables just suicide rushing the hemmit to seize and it's kind of aids tbh. 

5. An event like Olympus has where a convoy once or twice per restart makes it's way from point A to point B. The rebels would need to attack the convoy and then bring the vehicle/gold/dirty money to an outpost to sell or claim. Would be a nice change of pace, and would certainly encourage multiple groups to go after it. 

6. This is the one im most passionate about. Asylum needs a big ticket federal event. One that requires like 15 cops on to be activated. Call it APD Headquaters or something like that. Make it like fed but with one dome and multiple deer stands. The prize for completing it should be something crazy like a civ strider, ghosthawk, hueron, or unarmed tank. The cops should be able to spawn in early (like with evidence) and have a massive advantage inside of the compound. This chance to get something that no one else would have on the server would make this event a huge deal anytime it popped. Rebels, bounty hunters and even normal civs I'd wager would try and rat the prize from completing it. That way, gangs that do complete it would be rewarded with something that no one else has, and i think that's a cool idea. 

Tweaks:

1. Please make evidence locker spawn the hemmit with scopes/carrier light vest/clothing. So you feel like you're actually getting a loadout when you do it. Also remove the MX's imo, most people doing it aren't bounty hunters so we can't even use them. MXM's with lethal mags are still cool though.

2. Make a new gang talent system that rewards gangs for doing federal events/killing cops. As it stand currently, the gang perks can only be earned by doing cartels (which let's be honest, are dead as fuck most of the time). I'd like to see cop related perks for completing federal events and killing them. You would need to complete each event a predetermined amount of times, say 25 to unlock each perk. for example:

A. Gold Bar sell price increased by 5-10%

B. Ticket prices reduced automatically by 5-10%

C. 20% chance to not ping when accessing an atm

D. Ability to claim cop vehicles

E. Bank money is able to be unbanded instantly

F. 1-5% chance to released from jail immediately after being sent because of "good behavior" Think hospital spawn type of deal

G. 20% chance to not be electrocute by the fence at evidence

H. Ability to acquire flashbang grenades/spike strips from evidence

I love the prison idea for the “get out of jail free card” I have no idea how it would work, but it sounds motivating to do prisons (though it is currently my favorite anyway)

i think it would be cool to have the hack in the middle, but maybe a more reasonable time like 4-7 minutes with a perk that allows for no notification to cops for 3-6 minutes (always 1 minute less than time needed to hack the center control box, that way as long as you have the perk, cops may not get their until you are finishing the task so you don’t get sniped right away, or, without the perk you may get sniped and lose before the domes even go off

Veezara and Envy_ like this
Link to post
20 hours ago, Chow Mein said:

The biggest problem with this is when it actually comes out. I understand the devs have a life and this isn't their job, but that they are volunteering and helping, but when you say something will come out around one date then it comes out 4 months after that date it sucks. Nothing really comes out on time so if you guys do plan on adding stuff stop adding a release date.

I mean, what's funny though is too, assuming your referencing SWAT is that even though higher ups in the APD knew what was coming and the general how it was gonna be (as they crafted the documentation with Mitch for it)... that they weren't even ready once it got released... Everyone wants to chew our asses for not releasing it sooner, etc.. yet your APD team dropped the ball decently too.

Quote

Nothing really comes out on time so if you guys do plan on adding stuff stop adding a release date.

And don't worry, we won't anymore... 

However, this isn't relevant at all to what mitch is asking for and not constructive to this post at all.

Veezara, ColtonB205 and Xavorey like this
Link to post
Just now, Jesse said:

I mean, what's funny though is too, assuming your referencing SWAT is that even though higher ups in the APD knew what was coming and the general how it was gonna be (as they crafted the documentation with Mitch for it)... that they weren't even ready once it got released... Everyone wants to chew our asses for not releasing it sooner, etc.. yet your APD team dropped the ball decently too.

And don't worry, we won't anymore... 

However, this isn't relevant at all to what mitch is asking for and not constructive to this post at all.

Not swat but everything.. And It is somewhat relevant with me suggesting an idea for your development. No harsh feelings you guys do a great job with what you do release just wanted to say my input. 

Farmer Steve likes this
Link to post
1 hour ago, Envy_ said:

@Mitch (IFRIT) @Gen. Henry Arnold

Actual ideas would be content, not just changing game rules/procedure imo. One thing I'd like to see is an overhaul of several of the federal events, with the addition of a new one as well. I'd also like to see some minor additions added and some things tweaked. Ill start first with the events and list the tweaks last. 

1. Bank is fine.

2. prison should either be removed or reworked. There's really no reason to do it anymore since you get out in 3-5mins by pressing plates. Maybe make the reward for successfully doing it a "get out of jail free card" to be used once during that restart or something like that idk.

3. Fed itself should have a "lockdown" procedure where you need to drill and defend something (perhaps that electrical box in the middle of fed) for like 5-10 mins before you start cracking the domes. This would eliminate smash and grabs which at this point are essentially free. Fed should be a big deal, you should need the people and equipment to do it, where as right now, you can do it with a hatchback and an sdar and be gone before any cop gets the chance to show up. Especially since cops are pushing for this whole "fed event cooldown". If this cooldown gets added, smash and grabs will only hurt the larger groups more and more.

4. Evidence is a really good idea, but it's too easy. You should remove the ability to knock down the corner walls so that rebels need to push 1 of the 4 actual gates. In exchange for this though, spike strips should be EXTREMELY limited or not allowed imo. Also once the fence is off, the charge should take 5-10 mins to go off, so the rebels need to defend as well as attack. This way, both sides get a chance to defend then attack and vice versa. Right now it's way too easy to just roll in, kill all the cops one time and escape wit the hemmit before they even make it back. Making events longer should be a good thing, that way they wont be spammed as much and it allows both sides more of a chance to fight over the stuff. Side note: The weapons from evidence should follow gold bar procedure, I.E. need the 1-3 min all clear before you seize. Because right now we've had SGTs and Constables just suicide rushing the hemmit to seize and it's kind of aids tbh. 

5. An event like Olympus has where a convoy once or twice per restart makes it's way from point A to point B. The rebels would need to attack the convoy and then bring the vehicle/gold/dirty money to an outpost to sell or claim. Would be a nice change of pace, and would certainly encourage multiple groups to go after it. 

6. This is the one im most passionate about. Asylum needs a big ticket federal event. One that requires like 15 cops on to be activated. Call it APD Headquaters or something like that. Make it like fed but with one dome and multiple deer stands. The prize for completing it should be something crazy like a civ strider, ghosthawk, hueron, or unarmed tank. The cops should be able to spawn in early (like with evidence) and have a massive advantage inside of the compound. This chance to get something that no one else would have on the server would make this event a huge deal anytime it popped. Rebels, bounty hunters and even normal civs I'd wager would try and rat the prize from completing it. That way, gangs that do complete it would be rewarded with something that no one else has, and i think that's a cool idea. 

Tweaks:

1. Please make evidence locker spawn the hemmit with scopes/carrier light vest/clothing. So you feel like you're actually getting a loadout when you do it. Also remove the MX's imo, most people doing it aren't bounty hunters so we can't even use them. MXM's with lethal mags are still cool though.

2. Make a new gang talent system that rewards gangs for doing federal events/killing cops. As it stand currently, the gang perks can only be earned by doing cartels (which let's be honest, are dead as fuck most of the time). I'd like to see cop related perks for completing federal events and killing them. You would need to complete each event a predetermined amount of times, say 25 to unlock each perk. for example:

A. Gold Bar sell price increased by 5-10%

B. Ticket prices reduced automatically by 5-10%

C. 20% chance to not ping when accessing an atm

D. Ability to claim cop vehicles

E. Bank money is able to be unbanded instantly

F. 1-5% chance to released from jail immediately after being sent because of "good behavior" Think hospital spawn type of deal

G. 20% chance to not be electrocute by the fence at evidence

H. Ability to acquire flashbang grenades/spike strips from evidence

all of this is retarded other than #6

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I mean, what's funny though is too, assuming your referencing SWAT is that even though higher ups in the APD knew what was coming and the general how it was gonna be (as they crafted the documentation with Mitch for it)... that they weren't even ready once it got released... Everyone wants to chew our asses for not releasing it sooner, etc.. yet your APD team dropped the ball decently too.

 

Fuck all the retards involved with the APD too. REFORM THE HIERARCHY 

Edited by Revenant
Link to post
3 minutes ago, Chow Mein said:

Not swat but everything.. And It is somewhat relevant with me suggesting an idea for your development. No harsh feelings you guys do a great job with what you do release just wanted to say my input. 

Mitch is asking for content ideas and stuff to add in-game. Your post had zero content suggestions like half of the other posts in here. Everyone comments how we're lacking content or how we need more stuff.. No one offers ideas on what stuff needs changing or to be added. Almost everyone just offers mindless commentary that doesn't help...

POL and DankBud like this
Link to post

1.) Cop that gets the lethal gets the money. If you want cops responding for the 10th time to a fed give them incentive when its gone full lethals and keep the shitters from leeching.

2.) Delete the evidence lockup and copy paste the olympus black water. (Needs actual good gear. Not just 2 Ok items, like enough that a group of 12-15 can leave feeling like it was worth it to each of them.) 

3.) Turfs should be reworked. Who ever gets there first will win 90% of the time and since you can no longer spawn in turf houses to get another go it only seems logical that the cap is moved to some sort of compound away from the infinite corners of rodopoli. And the new location away from big cities would be almost like a gang base. Should also be able to buy 7.66 guns and medical from the turf shops.

 

 

 

Chow Mein likes this
Link to post
11 hours ago, Jesse said:

Mitch is asking for content ideas and stuff to add in-game. Your post had zero content suggestions like half of the other posts in here. Everyone comments how we're lacking content or how we need more stuff.. No one offers ideas on what stuff needs changing or to be added. Almost everyone just offers mindless commentary that doesn't help...

I'm sorry to add to the useless commentary but it what i just realised is that most games have a development team and a vision to work towards. On Asylum the players need to submit what content they want created by development team? I think that's where it goes wrong.

Most players will put less thought into content ideas than they do making a sandwich. You will mainly get responses to tweaks things which would be fun for that individual player.

The development team should design new content, create it, test it, ask feedback about it from players and then implement it. If you don't have the creativity or will to design that content i think that is lacking to your development team. I think it's wrong to put the reponsability to the playerbase and tell them to design the content or stop complaining.

This isn't aimed at your personally Jesse, i don't know you as i've quit Asylum some time ago. I hope this perspective might help finding a solution for this problem.

Dillon likes this
Link to post

1st Legal option crafting things such as laptops or ipads to be sold for a lot off money for example to make a laptop you need to make a case screen and a processor and combine them makes a lot of money each but very time consuming

2nd legal option something simple like steel so you process iron into iron bars then take them to the steel mill where you process them again for more money (same price as maybe coke or crank)

 

what about a skill system so for example you pick weed if you keep doing it you get better at it so say max of 15 levels for each activity each level can do different things so level 1 could make you pick faster and level 15 could make you get perfect weed something that rewards you for doing a skill over and over again (if you reach level 15 in a skill you could unlock something maybe a bigger backpack or something)

Illegal way: blood diamonds so you go collect them from an area and have to take them to a cleaning plant to have them cleaned and cut then take them to a smuggler to get them off the island and to get your pay.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Midamaru said:

I'm sorry to add to the useless commentary but it what i just realised is that most games have a development team and a vision to work towards. On Asylum the players need to submit what content they want created by development team? I think that's where it goes wrong.

Game designers come up with ideas. Game developers execute them.

Jake, Midamaru and Veezara like this
Link to post
5 hours ago, Midamaru said:

I'm sorry to add to the useless commentary but it what i just realised is that most games have a development team and a vision to work towards. On Asylum the players need to submit what content they want created by development team? I think that's where it goes wrong.

Most players will put less thought into content ideas than they do making a sandwich. You will mainly get responses to tweaks things which would be fun for that individual player.

The development team should design new content, create it, test it, ask feedback about it from players and then implement it. If you don't have the creativity or will to design that content i think that is lacking to your development team. I think it's wrong to put the reponsability to the playerbase and tell them to design the content or stop complaining.

This isn't aimed at your personally Jesse, i don't know you as i've quit Asylum some time ago. I hope this perspective might help finding a solution for this problem.

The big problem is that none of us play the game like a normal player. In some capacity we all have it easy. I might think things are cool or too easy too hard etc.  But really it's the players that are here day in and day out. We are not relying on it, but the feedback and ideas from the people playing is best. I went back to page 143 in suggestions thread to just look at previously brought up ideas. Talk about a blast from the past...

Midamaru, ItsLego and Veezara like this
Link to post
2 hours ago, Azeh said:

Game designers come up with ideas. Game developers execute them.

Thank god that there's a specified role for that, i actually didn't know. So yes i think Asylum needs a game designer ;)  That was what i was trying to say.

Link to post
57 minutes ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

The big problem is that none of us play the game like a normal player. In some capacity we all have it easy. I might think things are cool or too easy too hard etc.  But really it's the players that are here day in and day out. We are not relying on it, but the feedback and ideas from the people playing is best. I went back to page 143 in suggestions thread to just look at previously brought up ideas. Talk about a blast from the past...

That's true, well if you look at it that way and you want the playerbase to put their shoulders on it. Incentivise it, make it appealing to the creative minds to put effort into creating content.

You could hold a contest where people can submit their content ideas, the ones that make it through to actual implementation get a reward. Cash, donator rank, or something unobtainable which they can show off ingame? (For example clothing/car skin, name color, title or w/e you can think of)

I bet that will get some people tryharding.

Edited by Midamaru
Link to post
13 hours ago, TRYHARD said:

 

2.) Delete the evidence lockup and copy paste the olympus black water. (Needs actual good gear. Not just 2 Ok items, like enough that a group of 12-15 can leave feeling like it was worth it to each of them.) 

 

 

 

 

no

add a  unarmed blackhawk

Link to post
6 hours ago, Midamaru said:

I'm sorry to add to the useless commentary but it what i just realised is that most games have a development team and a vision to work towards. On Asylum the players need to submit what content they want created by development team? I think that's where it goes wrong.

Most players will put less thought into content ideas than they do making a sandwich. You will mainly get responses to tweaks things which would be fun for that individual player.

The development team should design new content, create it, test it, ask feedback about it from players and then implement it. If you don't have the creativity or will to design that content i think that is lacking to your development team. I think it's wrong to put the reponsability to the playerbase and tell them to design the content or stop complaining.

This isn't aimed at your personally Jesse, i don't know you as i've quit Asylum some time ago. I hope this perspective might help finding a solution for this problem.

Yeah? You think we should just design what WE want? Not what the playerbase wants? We don't play the game. When the few of us do we're not playing it seriously and/or we've got staff money, etc. that is an unreal experience. That's how asylum got a karaoke thing in Kavala, that's how Paratus also made several other pointless and useless things no one asked for...

I will gladly just make a chess game in a game that you're playing.

We're not saying the community has to come up with every detail, we're just asking for suggestions that are worthwhile...

Link to post
26 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yeah? You think we should just design what WE want? Not what the playerbase wants? We don't play the game. When the few of us do we're not playing it seriously and/or we've got staff money, etc. that is an unreal experience. That's how asylum got a karaoke thing in Kavala, that's how Paratus also made several other pointless and useless things no one asked for...

I will gladly just make a chess game in a game that you're playing.

We're not saying the community has to come up with every detail, we're just asking for suggestions that are worthwhile...

No i think a game designer should design the game, for the players and not by the players. I was trying to point out that Asylum lacks that game designer. I guess paratus tried to be one, but he was dog shit at it. I sent a worthwhile idea to Mitch, hope it helps.

aqzx127 likes this
Link to post

As someone already mentioned in a different thread, an event that starts with rebels having to drive a vehicle to a certain point that cops have to stop ( And probably can see in updated intervals on the map ) would be a lot of fun.  Police chases are some of the most fun you can in the game imo.

Gang warfare that brings people into the cities and makes that type of play in Kavala and Athira more valid would be a lot of fun too.  Maybe a mini-turf event that gives a small cut of all sales in town both legal and illegal.

The drug smuggler job, but in car form would be really cool.  It could be you are undetected until you get into a certain radius of a cop.  Also a timer that encourages you to take risky routes and stay on the highway could balance it so people don't just drive offroad and out in the middle of nowhere.  

Revamping gas station robberies.  Right now, they can be really difficult if cops actually show up.  They're really not all that defendable, which is fine, but they should award more than 5k and potentially award other benefits.

Just some general ideas, none of it is really suppose to be caught in the semantics of balance and shit.  None of it would even go EXACTLY how I would want anyways, just some random suggestions that stray away from cartels and fed/prison/bank

 

Midamaru likes this
Link to post
7 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick said:

As someone already mentioned in a different thread, an event that starts with rebels having to drive a vehicle to a certain point that cops have to stop ( And probably can see in updated intervals on the map ) would be a lot of fun.  Police chases are some of the most fun you can in the game imo.

Gang warfare that brings people into the cities and makes that type of play in Kavala and Athira more valid would be a lot of fun too.  Maybe a mini-turf event that gives a small cut of all sales in town both legal and illegal.

The drug smuggler job, but in car form would be really cool.  It could be you are undetected until you get into a certain radius of a cop.  Also a timer that encourages you to take risky routes and stay on the highway could balance it so people don't just drive offroad and out in the middle of nowhere.  

Revamping gas station robberies.  Right now, they can be really difficult if cops actually show up.  They're really not all that defendable, which is fine, but they should award more than 5k and potentially award other benefits.

Just some general ideas, none of it is really suppose to be caught in the semantics of balance and shit.  None of it would even go EXACTLY how I would want anyways, just some random suggestions that stray away from cartels and fed/prison/bank

 

You seem to have good ideas. Feel free to apply here as well: https://discordapp.com/channels/132299082772250624/624078213999493120/715243873273905193

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...