What tf happened

On 2/26/2024 at 4:31 PM, Roice said:

I do say that intentionally, but I also believe that its not entirely each of their faults either (Current SAs). If you look back to how the community was managed over the years, after Bamf and Gnashes left,@Clint Beastwoodtook over ownership  and carried @Mitch (IFRIT) and @Leady over as CMs. We had a solid foundation of actual grown ups operating from the ground up coming from a good place and painstakingly trying to not repeat history that we all disliked about Gnashes (and Olio before that) and repair the server at the same time. When Mitch became owner he maintained this presence with the community, although I will say looking back toward the end of his era as server pop fizzled,  Blake was a terrible choice and cant stand up cause no legs lol i bet he has to wear diapers and cant get an erection.

Leady showed us what real leadership was like. He didn't get angry, he never acted like a child, he was almost overbearingly level headed.

Essentially the issue summed up pretty much. 

Rogue is a woke politically correct hypocrite and was an awful person to be chosen to handle the server.

Anyone who has played this server for any length of time prior to rogue taking over, is going to cringe by reading these two examples of how the culture has changed here. 

You can get banned for calling people fat.
You can get banned for shedding things.

There are a shit tonne of other examples but that's honestly all you need. 

@Mitch (IFRIT)you put out a post once regarding toxicity, as memed as it was, the toxicity level at the time was a bit out of hand, but not from people saying "you're fatty mc fat fat, go eat another burger @Bag Of Funyunsya fatty mc blubbernaught. How are you still alive you fucking parade float @Farmer Steve, you're both not going to live past 40, how come when you both leave the server 6 player slots open up your fucking gargantuan pair of hippos" For example. 

Half the fun of being here was talking shit in sidechat and getting people to call you all sorts of shit and ragetype. If asylum sidechat is to be believed, i'm a 55 year old balding fat arthitic sterile diabetes ridden Mexi-arabian jew, with brittle wrists knees and ankles a goatee who is in both antifa and the KKK, AND THATS OK. DONT FUCKING BAN PEOPLE FOR SAYING THAT KIND OF SHIT YOU RETARDS. 

This is an old server with very little development and the only real thing you had going for it was the community that has Stockholm syndrome towards asylum, and it has been alienated by the current soft leadership, alongside trying to reshape it a decade in.

we've been playing with house money for a while but you're biting the hand that not only feeds you but has propped this community up for 10 years. 

Life servers in general are facing an uphill battle, GTA:RP is where most people from Arma life servers have ended up, you're trying to compete with a game where the cops can pit maneuver you without sending you to the fucking moon. 

you cant alienate the one thing you have going for you and expect numbers to go up. 

You bunch of fat fucking retards. 

Hi @curley

Edited by DS_Billy
21 minutes ago, DS_Billy said:

Rogue is a woke politically correct hypocrite and was an awful person to be chosen to handle the server.

Anyone who has played this server for any length of time prior to rogue taking over, is going to cringe by reading these two examples of how the culture has changed here. 

@Mitch (IFRIT)you put out a post once regarding toxicity, as memed as it was, the toxicity level at the time was a bit out of hand, but not from people saying "you're fatty mc fat fat, go eat another burger @Bag Of Funyunsya fatty mc blubbernaught. How are you still alive you fucking parade float @Farmer Steve, you're both not going to live past 40, how come when you both leave the server 6 player slots open up your fucking gargantuan pair of hippos" For example. 

Half the fun of being here was talking shit in sidechat and getting people to call you all sorts of shit and ragetype. If asylum sidechat is to be believed, i'm a 55 year old balding fat arthitic sterile diabetes ridden Mexi-arabian jew, with brittle wrists knees and ankles a goatee who is in both antifa and the KKK, AND THATS OK. DONT FUCKING BAN PEOPLE FOR SAYING THAT KIND OF SHIT YOU RETARDS. 

This is an old server with very little development and the only real thing you had going for it was the community that has Stockholm syndrome towards asylum, and it has been alienated by the current soft leadership, alongside trying to reshape it a decade in.

we've been playing with house money for a while but you're biting the hand that not only feeds you but has propped this community up for 10 years. 

Life servers in general are facing an uphill battle, GTA:RP is where most people from Arma life servers have ended up, you're trying to compete with a game where the cops can pit maneuver you without sending you to the fucking moon. 

you cant alienate the one thing you have going for you and expect numbers to go up. 

Hi @curley

To set the record straight, you cannot get banned for simply calling someone "fat". If that was true then 5 seconds of looking at side chat would result in the entire server getting banned. What you can do is act in a harassing manner using literally any banal insult and get banned for that. 

27 minutes ago, Hubschrauber said:

To set the record straight, you cannot get banned for simply calling someone "fat". If that was true then 5 seconds of looking at side chat would result in the entire server getting banned. What you can do is act in a harassing manner using literally any banal insult and get banned for that. 

Whooooooooooooooooosh 

Jesus fucking Christ

Farmer Steve and Bob Danaloo like this
1 hour ago, Hubschrauber said:

Love you hubs. But this is exactly what people r talking abt

Farmer Steve likes this
10 hours ago, Walt said:

For clarity, you don’t make profit on domination anymore since it was nerfed to shit months ago. 1st place gets maybe 100-200k profit if ur lucky….most times you lose money. Everyone else within the standings rarely makes profit. In reality, you put the same amount into dom as you get out. Regardless half the people playing domination don’t even play the main server so it shouldn’t be effecting S1 anyways. Also I’m very curious which gang is making 500k-1.2m, sounds like a wild exaggeration to me…LMAO? If anything domination is a money sink.

I think Dom is very profitable. I make 300-400k per Dom as long as my team comes top 3 which it usually does. 

19 hours ago, Jr4life24 said:

Honestly, those who have been dealing with me over the past few years should know that I've preached a pretty consistent message.

• This is a light RP server, not a wasteland server.
  • Relevant communication
  • A push away from favoritism to involve more of the community

It honestly feels like the longer I've been a part of this community, and as someone who's assisting in leading the APD, it feels like those three points feel further away than they did when I first got here. I've been an active Captain for 1.5 years and an active player for 4-5 years and personally speaking, some of the decisions that I've seen been pushed through I do not agree with and have made it very clear that it would do more harm than good. I'm not perfect by any means, but I do try and strive to strike a good balance between ensuring the APD is not a punching bag for the server and making sure the APD isn't too overpowered on a normal day-by-day basis.

First - There is no more incentive for people to grind on S1 since the creation of Dom. Many of the cartel gangs that would hold cartels, do payouts, etc now just play dom to get their money and harass cops. "Why fight for a cartel when I can just sit on dom for 2 hours and make 500k-1.2m" ~A quote from a member of a large gang. With that type of money coming in, people don't worry about the passive cartel money anymore, or even go to feds to make money but just to kill cops. The second there are 4 or more cops, we get turned into a QRF that has to sit here and respond every 20 minutes to some new event. This, in turn, has made a lot of cops frustrated as a whole due to events now becoming the main part of the APD and not the roleplay, thus most of us go straight lethals now to finish the event quickly to go back out and patrol for what little time we do have. 

I've personally suggested a much longer cooldown in between federal events but instead had a "security measures" feature implemented to raise the cops required per successful federal event. (Which has done nothing.) We currently have 10 federal events (With 3 being added in the last 3 months.) While the variety is nice we want to get out, patrol, etc and not be strung along from fed event to fed event. Part of this is the reason why I've calmed down on my playtime myself, I used to play 50-80 hours but now I can barely push to 20 a month because between 12 pm-10 pm it's just non-stop federal events from a gang. Personally speaking, my longest play sessions have been the nights that there is the least amount of events going on.

We're told that we have to be punching bags, and have been for god knows how long now as Civ v Civ life has died down. Due to that we've had to implement policy/benefits to allow the APD leadership to try and push things more in the cop favor to keep our cops playing longer, as it's been stated time after time again. "Increased cop playtime = Increased civ count." A lot of these benefits that you've seen us use, I barely have even used them myself other than a handful of times. The Marshall is a joke, the ghost hawk that I've gotten to use once and it was pretty mid, "being able to break the GB whenever" I think I've done 3-to 4 times to send people to jail because their language was getting out of hand and once on an entire gang because they were spamming events as a group of 8-10 vs 3-4 cops.

Second - In terms of communication, it's sporadic, to say the least. As of recently with the last two patches that have come out, the two "regular" captains get cliff-notes of what is going to happen and are expected to write a policy without even understanding the full scale of an event or update. The last update was a 12-17 hour heads up, (Given at 8 pm est and the update went live around 4 pm.) 

When there has been discussions around potential balances etc, and I've asked for information about it I'm told. "Sorry you're not an admin so I can't share that information with you" and expected to decide on not having all of the facts which sometimes leads me to the wrong answer without knowing.

Lastly - when it comes to favoritism it feels like it happens more and more with zero attempt to stop it.

• When discussing the APD leadership team, and certain gangs holding 50% or more of the staff positions, I've been told "It's natural and should be expected." When I attempt to regulate by blocking those who may not be good candidates but were voted in by their friends, I'm either outvoted or the rest of the staff team goes in an uproar over it.
  • I've been told that "I am not allowed to talk about x staff member because you did something similar." But when a similar situation came up for a different staff member, I was allowed to openly discuss. I was primarily blocked on the first conversation because that original staff member was a friend of the Captain.
  • We've allowed an APD staff member to hold a "retired" status 2 months early, Doing only 4 out of 6 active months because of his affiliation with the captains/admin team. 

And honestly, I'll go out and say it. Both myself and Djmon had actively mentioned/fought for @DarkKnight to be the current chief of police, but it instead was given to Austin M because of his affiliation with HunterB and told "We believe he's deserving of this position over DK" (The guy who is highly regarded as one of the true captains for the APD that has respect from a large group of the player base.) Ever since then, the communication between Captains and SA's have fallen dramatically. Instead of a "Hey let's open a discussion and talk about XYZ." Now it's "Hey I already talked to the SAs and agreed upon this going forward." Meaning that if I were to contribute or have a conflicting opinion, it instantly become a 4v1 or 4v2 as they all had aligned themselves prior.

I do love this community, and the people that I've met and interacted with but as someone in active leadership, there's a lot of frustration that I deal with because of the shadow games that are played between friends and some of it has made me lose respect for my peers/"bosses" and to a point has started to make me less involved with the community as I've seen my opinion not be valued anymore now that the friend group up top has the majority. I've tried my best and I'm not perfect by any means but some of these issues could have been avoided by choosing who was right for the role instead of who we wanted.

yap yap yap

.Max and Ruffian like this
9 hours ago, DS_Billy said:

Hi @curley

this guy will break a bone writing this hes so fat an fragile

Fried Rice and Luke SwagWalker like this
19 hours ago, Jr4life24 said:

Lastly - when it comes to favoritism it feels like it happens more and more with zero attempt to stop it.

• When discussing the APD leadership team, and certain gangs holding 50% or more of the staff positions, I've been told "It's natural and should be expected." When I attempt to regulate by blocking those who may not be good candidates but were voted in by their friends, I'm either outvoted or the rest of the staff team goes in an uproar over it.
  • I've been told that "I am not allowed to talk about x staff member because you did something similar." But when a similar situation came up for a different staff member, I was allowed to openly discuss. I was primarily blocked on the first conversation because that original staff member was a friend of the Captain.
  • We've allowed an APD staff member to hold a "retired" status 2 months early, Doing only 4 out of 6 active months because of his affiliation with the captains/admin team. 

And honestly, I'll go out and say it. Both myself and Djmon had actively mentioned/fought for @DarkKnight to be the current chief of police, but it instead was given to Austin M because of his affiliation with HunterB and told "We believe he's deserving of this position over DK" (The guy who is highly regarded as one of the true captains for the APD that has respect from a large group of the player base.) Ever since then, the communication between Captains and SA's have fallen dramatically. Instead of a "Hey let's open a discussion and talk about XYZ." Now it's "Hey I already talked to the SAs and agreed upon this going forward." Meaning that if I were to contribute or have a conflicting opinion, it instantly become a 4v1 or 4v2 as they all had aligned themselves prior.

A lot of us higherups that are in crimson literally main cop but are good friends with one another so choose to play civ together too when we feel like it. Crimson is the biggest gang on the server currently and with only a small population currently active on the server it stands to reason all the experienced players want to play in a like minded gang. While @DarkKnightwould be a great CoP I understand why @Austin M was picked due to his long tenure as an LT and his positive attitude towards the APD, also gotta remeber DK was a captain for half this servers lifetime so its only fair to give someone else a chance at captain no? Why would people stick around and continue to play if there was no progression in the APD?

DarkKnight, Akula, zdeat and 4 others like this
10 hours ago, Hubschrauber said:

That's what a fat person would say.

Kidding no banaroni plz

24 minutes ago, MarchingBands said:

Ok, I want to hear the story.

here i was in dp14 driving my .50 cal, running away from the police with millions of dog meat dollars in my bank account. when all of a sudden I get a "come talk" ban. i was like WHATS THIS???? I've never done anything remotely suspect EVER on asylum. 0* bans on my record since I started playing in 2015. anyway, he pulls me into a channel and proceeds to berate me asking me questions like "where did you get all this money?" and "why did you just buy 10 ifrits, 7 .50cals, and 20 orcas?" like he doesn't know im always on that grind smh 💯😤 😤 here comes the worst part, he then proceeds to TAKE my HARD EARNED** cash and leaves me destitute. servers been trash ever since that terrible day.

disclaimer

* i had like 12 bans on record

** and i exploited that shit no cap frfr

Edited by Luke SwagWalker
48 minutes ago, Luke SwagWalker said:

here i was in dp14 driving my .50 cal, running away from the police with millions of dog meat dollars in my bank account. when all of a sudden I get a "come talk" ban. i was like WHATS THIS???? I've never done anything remotely suspect EVER on asylum. 0* bans on my record since I started playing in 2015. anyway, he pulls me into a channel and proceeds to berate me asking me questions like "where did you get all this money?" and "why did you just buy 10 ifrits, 7 .50cals, and 20 orcas?" like he doesn't know im always on that grind smh 💯😤 😤 here comes the worst part, he then proceeds to TAKE my HARD EARNED** cash and leaves me destitute. servers been trash ever since that terrible day.

disclaimer

* i had like 12 bans on record

** and i exploited that shit no cap frfr

Ah yes, I remember this like it was yesterday. 😂

#DogMeatGate 

BaDaBiNg_10-8 likes this
17 hours ago, DS_Billy said:

Hi @curley

can't believe i agree with this fatass

DS_Billy likes this
On 2/23/2024 at 1:42 AM, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

My god, what the fuck has happened.

Start tagging, let's hear who is to blame and why. 

Neck Beards

Let them air it out simps.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ljfrmfayw00er0pcf4

The addition of the purification factory began the slow, agonizing, but inevitable death of Asylum. We all know once FSA couldn't camp the primary means of cocaine production everyone lost interest in the server. You fools.

Thanks for the ladder though @Rogue

13 hours ago, Bilal Battu said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ljfrmfayw00er0pcf4

The addition of the purification factory began the slow, agonizing, but inevitable death of Asylum. We all know once FSA couldn't camp the primary means of cocaine production everyone lost interest in the server. You fools.

Thanks for the ladder though @Rogue

the ladder is crazy it blew my mind 10/10

I mean, everyone says it but no one cares:

1. Making money is aids, especially if you're a new player. The economy is designed to be hostile to new players, as they don't have gangs, large trucks, or houses. On Olympus, you can just get a truck, go to a field, and make enough money to have fun for a little bit. Hours of grinding on Asylum is equivalent to maybe less than an hour of fighting.

2. Fighting is aids, especially if you're a new player. The cartel system is out-dated, as it takes you hours to cap the whole map if you have someone fighting you. Cap cooldowns are 30 minutes and it takes 10-20 minutes to cap. Also, cartels are the ONLY civ-to-civ interaction that is broadcasted. Why do we not implement additional fighting zones/capture points? A good example is Olympus' black markets.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. New players can't make money and if they do they waste hours in boredom waiting for cooldowns or running out of money after facing one dom gang. The economy hurts no one but new players, dedicated and entrenched individuals have money making houses, domination, and the ability to just spam feds.

39 minutes ago, .Max said:

Content over money. Nobody cares about the economy fuck you @Patato.  Time to start begging Slick to come back and save the community again. Endless content who cares about the economy when its already fucked. Mald

Buddy, i aint done shit in 6 months, no one cares what my opinion is. Devs are doing what they want.
Im not the boogey man. Im not behind the curtain blocking any economic changes.
I don't lead development, I cant even tell other Devs no. If any of them disagreed with what I've done they could/have/will and do change it at their descretion.

I still love asylum, but my effort towards working on it is pretty much a direct reflection of how i feel about the server. Right now I'm getting much more enjoyment from programming other projects. I have a lot of respect for the other Devs and im here to help. But when i get home from work and i open up a project file. It just hasn't been for the server handing out armed ghost hawks and banning people for closing a shed door.

I take alot of heat for economic changes. While i'm very vocal about the fact i don't like domination and that its also probably a bad idea to make 10million dollars sitting in dark fungi for 10mins, no one ever seems to mention the thousands of other comits i do outside of economic changes.
Feelsbadman

2 minutes ago, Patato said:

Buddy, i aint done shit in 6 months

average gaming asylum developer

@Solar

On 2/27/2024 at 4:39 PM, Jr4life24 said:

Honestly, those who have been dealing with me over the past few years should know that I've preached a pretty consistent message.

• This is a light RP server, not a wasteland server.
  • Relevant communication
  • A push away from favoritism to involve more of the community

It honestly feels like the longer I've been a part of this community, and as someone who's assisting in leading the APD, it feels like those three points feel further away than they did when I first got here. I've been an active Captain for 1.5 years and an active player for 4-5 years and personally speaking, some of the decisions that I've seen been pushed through I do not agree with and have made it very clear that it would do more harm than good. I'm not perfect by any means, but I do try and strive to strike a good balance between ensuring the APD is not a punching bag for the server and making sure the APD isn't too overpowered on a normal day-by-day basis.

First - There is no more incentive for people to grind on S1 since the creation of Dom. Many of the cartel gangs that would hold cartels, do payouts, etc now just play dom to get their money and harass cops. "Why fight for a cartel when I can just sit on dom for 2 hours and make 500k-1.2m" ~A quote from a member of a large gang. With that type of money coming in, people don't worry about the passive cartel money anymore, or even go to feds to make money but just to kill cops. The second there are 4 or more cops, we get turned into a QRF that has to sit here and respond every 20 minutes to some new event. This, in turn, has made a lot of cops frustrated as a whole due to events now becoming the main part of the APD and not the roleplay, thus most of us go straight lethals now to finish the event quickly to go back out and patrol for what little time we do have. 

I've personally suggested a much longer cooldown in between federal events but instead had a "security measures" feature implemented to raise the cops required per successful federal event. (Which has done nothing.) We currently have 10 federal events (With 3 being added in the last 3 months.) While the variety is nice we want to get out, patrol, etc and not be strung along from fed event to fed event. Part of this is the reason why I've calmed down on my playtime myself, I used to play 50-80 hours but now I can barely push to 20 a month because between 12 pm-10 pm it's just non-stop federal events from a gang. Personally speaking, my longest play sessions have been the nights that there is the least amount of events going on.

We're told that we have to be punching bags, and have been for god knows how long now as Civ v Civ life has died down. Due to that we've had to implement policy/benefits to allow the APD leadership to try and push things more in the cop favor to keep our cops playing longer, as it's been stated time after time again. "Increased cop playtime = Increased civ count." A lot of these benefits that you've seen us use, I barely have even used them myself other than a handful of times. The Marshall is a joke, the ghost hawk that I've gotten to use once and it was pretty mid, "being able to break the GB whenever" I think I've done 3-to 4 times to send people to jail because their language was getting out of hand and once on an entire gang because they were spamming events as a group of 8-10 vs 3-4 cops.

Second - In terms of communication, it's sporadic, to say the least. As of recently with the last two patches that have come out, the two "regular" captains get cliff-notes of what is going to happen and are expected to write a policy without even understanding the full scale of an event or update. The last update was a 12-17 hour heads up, (Given at 8 pm est and the update went live around 4 pm.) 

When there has been discussions around potential balances etc, and I've asked for information about it I'm told. "Sorry you're not an admin so I can't share that information with you" and expected to decide on not having all of the facts which sometimes leads me to the wrong answer without knowing.

I do love this community, and the people that I've met and interacted with but as someone in active leadership, there's a lot of frustration that I deal with because of the shadow games that are played between friends and some of it has made me lose respect for my peers/"bosses" and to a point has started to make me less involved with the community as I've seen my opinion not be valued anymore now that the friend group up top has the majority. I've tried my best and I'm not perfect by any means but some of these issues could have been avoided by choosing who was right for the role instead of who we wanted.

no-one.png

Edited by .Max
Guest Doomba
On 2/27/2024 at 3:39 PM, Jr4life24 said:

Both myself and Djmon had actively mentioned/fought for @DarkKnight to be the current chief of police, but it instead was given to Austin M because of his affiliation with HunterB and told "We believe he's deserving of this position over DK" (The guy who is highly regarded as one of the true captains for the APD that has respect from a large group of the player base.)

Fucking preach. #DK4Chief
As long as I've been here he's the best APD captain I have ever served under (no offense to current captains) I cant think of someone who deserves it more or would be better at it.

I think the biggest issue is everyone in the aslyum community hates eachother🤣 burn this shit down

15 hours ago, .Max said:

Content over money. Nobody cares about the economy fuck you @Patato.  Time to start begging Slick to come back and save the community again. Endless content who cares about the economy when its already fucked. Mald

You gotta stop glazing slick 😭

Bob Danaloo and .Max like this

Too big of a gap between new and old players. 

Bring back the turf gangs to bridge the gap. Revert the change so that you can spawn in a house while the turf is active and make it so you have the full rebel shop at the turf. 

Also the cops are way too strong. Got them showing up to a fed event with double our numbers using nitro ifrits and vans on first contact like what is even the point lol good luck getting new players to enjoy that

Despair and Batcan like this

Yeah, cops are not "too strong".

All of the stackable charges have been removed and cops are the only content (again, lack of civ-to-civ content because... fighting is aids.) so they are constantly raped until they log. Multiple higher ups and the APD in general will log just to avoid a fight/stop civs from doing a high-pop fed event. Don't blame them, but morale is at an all-time low and it'd be nice if the cop faction could get back to its roots: casual patrols through major cities, interesting and exciting cross-map chases, etc. Not just feds, feds, and... more feds.

Edited by Ruffian
zdeat likes this
1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

it'd be nice if the cop faction could get back to its roots: casual patrols through major cities, interesting and exciting cross-map chases, etc. Not just feds, feds, and... more feds.

There are quite a few officers who are tired of Federal Event spam and having their entire play session being a combat slog.
I have personally stopped playing as a cop (giving up Lieutenant, retiring as a Sergeant) and started playing a medic because that is the only way I have been able to actually chat and roleplay with people for the last few months.

Ruffian and Niels like this