What tf happened

Guest Doomba

Making shedding bannable, making flying planes into buildings bannable, unpaid devs, not enforcing cheater gang association bans, massively underdeveloped medic faction, OP cop faction (like a marshal? Armed huron??? tf?, also lethal happy cops, getting admins to drop them crates of MK1s for fed events, allowing captains to ignore guidebook at their discretion, I could go on)

Also compared to other servers grinding on here sucks ass. There's been QoL fixes like processing from vehicles that's been in the pipeline for years that hasn't been touched due to lack of dev interest (cant really blame them, not like they get paid) Honey is just a copy paste of scotch.

Gameplay is just stale now. I'll give @Fitza proper glazing here just because he's the only dev I know of that's trying new shit and I appreciate it.

Probably the biggest factor for me and the hardest to solve at least from my perspective is zerg gangs. You have 1 gang that will 30 stack and just roll the entire cartel scene. It's aids.

9yqijPx.gif

26 minutes ago, Doomba said:

massively underdeveloped medic

Medic imo is a joke, not sure if its the people who are in it, or just the faction in general. What else is there to develop... seriously.

27 minutes ago, Doomba said:

OP cop faction

We get shit on everyday what is OP about this faction?

27 minutes ago, Doomba said:

like a marshal? Armed huron

Marshal is absolute DOGSHIT you can touch it with the wheel of a frit and that shit either blows up or kills everyone inside. We dont have armed hurons...? If youre talking about the ghosthawk theres a massive layer of policy behind it to prevent it being abused. 

29 minutes ago, Doomba said:

also lethal happy cops

There is physically no way to push some events when groups of 7-10 are sitting in deer stands holding right click, everytime im on the only time lethals are called is when we cant push into a fed...

30 minutes ago, Doomba said:

getting admins to drop them crates of MK1s for fed events,

Again... when youre grouped up 10-20 deep and we cant push wtf else are we going to do other than drop mks to other ranks.

35 minutes ago, Doomba said:

allowing captains to ignore guidebook at their discretion

cry me a river bro... 

19 minutes ago, zdeat said:

Medic imo is a joke, not sure if its the people who are in it, or just the faction in general. What else is there to develop... seriously.

Marshal is absolute DOGSHIT you can touch it with the wheel of a frit and that shit either blows up or kills everyone inside. We dont have armed hurons...? If youre talking about the ghosthawk theres a massive layer of policy behind it to prevent it being abused. 

There is physically no way to push some events when groups of 7-10 are sitting in deer stands holding right click, everytime im on the only time lethals are called is when we cant push into a fed...

Again... when youre grouped up 10-20 deep and we cant push wtf else are we going to do other than drop mks to other ranks.

cry me a river bro... 

👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎👎

12 hours ago, Doomba said:

There's been QoL fixes like processing from vehicles that's been in the pipeline for years that hasn't been touched due to lack of dev interest (cant really blame them, not like they get paid)

wait really? i know admins don’t get paid, but i figured devs would at least get paid something per project. can’t have a good server if the developers adding content to it have no incentive to make the content actually good

Too busy sucking the life out of everything (bananas, peoples' enjoyment) rather than focusing on the bigger issue that asylum hardly scrapes 50% of the average time played of Olympus. For asylum to be getting raped by an altis server that has NLR in 2024 is kind of a sad state really, but glad to see we are worried about discord reaction harassment, shedding vehicles and suicide vests on 30-player "domination"

@Fitz is doing great work, but without paid incentive for devs in what is a limited talent pool asylum is well behind the curve

#remove@skimancole

Edited by Michael L
Guest Doomba
On 2/23/2024 at 10:12 PM, zdeat said:

All we can do is revive, put out the occasional fire, and get lethaled without warning at feds by the APD. Other, more popular life servers have a well developed faction with plenty of activities to do.

Skill issue. When I play cop I rarely buy a kit and I'm a constable, I dont spawn with a 6.5. Besides cops were never meant to win EVERY engagement. Back in the good ol days it was an RP faction. Now it's just rebels/vigis with free kits.

massive layer of policy behind it to prevent it being abused. 

1. Skill issue. 2. If lethals were only used at feds I wouldn't bitch about it.

Again, skill issue. Bro compared to 5-6 years ago the APD has zero coordination and terrible coms. The current crop of higherups are legit a joke compared to the days of DarkKnight. The Sgts are the only ones who actually lead.

cry me a river bro... 

The only one crying here is you Mr. Lieutenant Zdeat

1 hour ago, Doomba said:

All we can do is revive, put out the occasional fire, and get lethaled without warning at feds by the APD. Other, more popular life servers have a well developed faction with plenty of activities to do.

Skill issue. When I play cop I rarely buy a kit and I'm a constable, I dont spawn with a 6.5. Besides cops were never meant to win EVERY engagement. Back in the good ol days it was an RP faction. Now it's just rebels/vigis with free kits.

1. Skill issue. 2. If lethals were only used at feds I wouldn't bitch about it.

Again, skill issue. Bro compared to 5-6 years ago the APD has zero coordination and terrible coms. The current crop of higherups are legit a joke compared to the days of DarkKnight. The Sgts are the only ones who actually lead.

The only one crying here is you Mr. Lieutenant Zdeat

Thank you for the reminder, that policy has been updated to include the ghosthawk.

Djmon and zdeat like this
Guest Doomba
4 hours ago, Crossfade said:

doesn't help when certain admins look the other way when people in their gang are selling money still.

turtle-crocs.gif

Jokes aside though if grinding wasnt so bad people wouldnt bother buying money all the time

2 hours ago, Ebola said:

Been sold for as long as asylum has been up and running. 

i know.. it was never an issue back then. but then they decided it was against the rules because it voids bohemia's TOS and could get BE removed like when the sports hatch got it removed.

edit: pretty sure Olympus got shut down because an admin or one of the owners was selling money. cant remember exactly.

Edited by Crossfade
On 2/24/2024 at 3:38 AM, Doomba said:

Making shedding bannable, making flying planes into buildings bannable, unpaid devs, not enforcing cheater gang association bans, massively underdeveloped medic faction, OP cop faction (like a marshal? Armed huron??? tf?, also lethal happy cops, getting admins to drop them crates of MK1s for fed events, allowing captains to ignore guidebook at their discretion, I could go on)

Also compared to other servers grinding on here sucks ass. There's been QoL fixes like processing from vehicles that's been in the pipeline for years that hasn't been touched due to lack of dev interest (cant really blame them, not like they get paid) Honey is just a copy paste of scotch.

Gameplay is just stale now. I'll give @Fitza proper glazing here just because he's the only dev I know of that's trying new shit and I appreciate it.

Probably the biggest factor for me and the hardest to solve at least from my perspective is zerg gangs. You have 1 gang that will 30 stack and just roll the entire cartel scene. It's aids.

9yqijPx.gif

On 2/23/2024 at 6:16 PM, Donald said:

the snowflakes who made shedding bannable

Fine.

Silver-Spy and Donald like this

While there are a lot of layers and variables to this discussion, many which have already been highlighted above so I will not waste my time repeating the detailed gripes from within. However I will offer a perspective from a completely different place based of my experience and history here. 

Simply put, the connection between the current staff as a whole and the player base is severely hurting right now. We saw a similar scenario occur during the Gnashes era where a large majority of the community felt like he was damaging the server more then helping. I would be hard pressed to find anyone that knew what was going on back then, to disagree with that statement. Although, and to his credit, as great as some of Gnashes efforts on the backend were that the community was mostly unaware of, they strongly disliked him solely because of how he carried himself and how he interacted with the player base.

Digging deeper into the issues from my perspective, having spent most of this servers life engaged in some part of this community whether as an average player, an LT, an admin, a backend dealings aficionado, and a retiree, I will say with absolute confidence that our current leadership with the Senior Admin team (Community Manager back in our day) is the worst its ever been in this communities history.

I do say that intentionally, but I also believe that its not entirely each of their faults either (Current SAs). If you look back to how the community was managed over the years, after Bamf and Gnashes left,@Clint Beastwoodtook over ownership (alongside@BaDaBiNg_10-8for a short time) and carried @Mitch (IFRIT) and @Leady over as CMs. We had a solid foundation of actual grown ups operating from the ground up coming from a good place and painstakingly trying to not repeat history that we all disliked about Gnashes (and Olio before that) and repair the server at the same time. When Mitch became owner he maintained this presence with the community, although I will say looking back toward the end of his era as server pop fizzled, I don't know if Blake was a great choice for CM (still have love for you buddy), Jayshawn had a better temperament but absolutely no one will ever compare to Leady.

Leady showed us what real leadership was like. He didn't get angry, he never acted like a child, he was almost overbearingly level headed. He did not feed into drama and create rules in and out of game to cater to and enable more of that same drama. He was a true leader that was passionate about helping our community and most of this servers players respected the hell out of him for it. Sure, a few here and there had qualms with Clint, Mitch and Leady just as any other ownership era but it was SIGNIFICANTLY less than it currently is. 

I point this out because its important to see that during those transitions, the servers quality of life and interaction with the staff team and the player base grew substantially. At the same time, the server file was cleaned up and added to greatly during Jesse's (paid) time here along with an incredible amount of help from Azeh and many others. What I'm saying is that the development that was happening then ALSO played a huge part of the success during that time.  

The admin team back then was much more respected in my opinion. Without nitpicking specific scenarios or even individuals right now, most of us will agree that that is no longer the case. Not saying everyone is horrible by any means either. 

I personally see how much of it went wrong with the progression of our staff team including who was added to it over the years but without proper leadership absolutely none of that will change. However, it must start somewhere. But how will it start if some of the issues at bay are almost all the way to the top? We revolutionized after Bamf and Gnashes, Clint & Bada bought the server and turned it into Asylum 2.0 and even though we didn't have 4-5 servers during their time or even Mitch's, the community was much healthier than it is today. And even if we remove development out of the equation entirely, the leadership was much stronger back then without a doubt. I don't know if it was because most of us were all older and had jobs, wives, kids and or other adult related responsibilities that we carried ourselves differently back then or what, but something was definitely different. 

I have a lot of love for all of our players and staff, past and present, anyone that has spent time here to be apart of this community, even though I enjoy banter I don't truly dislike anyone enough for it to impede my judgement. With that said, I think its silly to have someone that was permed for mass rdm to later not only become an admin, then a captain, but now also a Senior Admin leading our admin team and our community. If you look at the problems we are currently facing within the community and you think that lack of respected leadership isn't the most important issue, I regret to inform you, you are part of the problem. I'm not just trying to pick on people either, I just genuinely believe the lack of trusted and respected leadership is the core of the issues we are seeing and the more we ignore that and bicker about the little things, the less anything will change. 

Its a trickle down effect from there honestly as well. Favorites are played and friends of certain people are being brought up as staff without thorough evaluation and training and then we as the community are stuck with more unhealthy leadership continuing to drive everything downhill. And who do we run too about it? The same 3 people that seem to be the primary point of contention for all of this chaos? It was somewhat of a rigorous process back then to even become just staff let alone CM. It is a very large responsibility and I am sorry if this hurts your feelings, but none of the current 3 are fit for service in that role based on all that I have witnessed and experienced since being staff. They individually lacked the experience necessary to succeed to begin with so again at the same time, I don't really blame them. We have a smaller community now and the circle of potential candidates for staff are in turn smaller so I understand how that has also played a part in it. 

TLDR

Replace the current CM team and start over. They have lost a significant amount of confidence within the community and fighting to repair that at this point is unrealistic. I can think of 3 potential candidates that currently have healthy relationships with the community as a whole to be effective in that role. Although I am in favor of 2 CMs instead of 3. 

Dont @ me

Alex., Jr4life24, Stretch and 34 others like this

If you want my honest opinion, it’s because there’s no competition on asylum and management doesn’t care. Also no idea where all this key money goes to but it’s not development.

asylum has been on the downhill ever since we stopped gang wars and gangs stopped actually fighting each other. 

The days stellar, tenacity, envy, temper, and requiem actually fought each other were the best days. Back when people would push for HOURS. Notice all those guys left for other servers except a few..

gangs fighting each other also mean there’s more time for cops to interact with everybody else instead of major spam. Everybody’s happy. Gangs get fights and cops get rp.

Now we have a single gang with all the good players and everyone else sucks. It’s hard for newer players to get to know these guys. I know these guys and they’re great dudes but even when I was in the gang it was boring not having anybody to fight except cops who end up rage quitting. It’s not their fault either.

server management is pushing what they want. Not what the community needs. Not thinking big picture. I’m sure it’s hard to reach these guys too unless your  in a hidden channel or compiling 3 months of admins logs to witch hunt and leaving your friends @Innate.. 

20 minutes ago, skimancole said:

If you want my honest opinion, it’s because there’s no competition on asylum and management doesn’t care. Also no idea where all this key money goes to but it’s not development.

asylum has been on the downhill ever since we stopped gang wars and gangs stopped actually fighting each other. 

The days stellar, tenacity, envy, temper, and requiem actually fought each other were the best days. Back when people would push for HOURS. Notice all those guys left for other servers except a few..

gangs fighting each other also mean there’s more time for cops to interact with everybody else instead of major spam. Everybody’s happy. Gangs get fights and cops get rp.

Now we have a single gang with all the good players and everyone else sucks. It’s hard for newer players to get to know these guys. I know these guys and they’re great dudes but even when I was in the gang it was boring not having anybody to fight except cops who end up rage quitting. It’s not their fault either.

server management is pushing what they want. Not what the community needs. Not thinking big picture. I’m sure it’s hard to reach these guys too unless your  in a hidden channel or compiling 3 months of admins logs to witch hunt and leaving your friends @Innate.. 

admins like your dumbass that live out a homosexual power fantasy on cop instead of letting other players have fun too

bring back the QUICKDRAW fuck @Junke

Edited by pan fried
Louie, Junke, Djmon and 10 others like this