What tf happened

Be real, taking Kavala from the top of the spawn screen did this. This server has been on a decline since that exact moment. You say we deterred new players from the server and compared it to a genocide but tbh it worked. Currently asylum has no new players, there is no addition to the player base. Kavala was the perfect breeding ground for initiating new players to the server. It was idiotic to try to push Athira to be the spawn city when it has barely any houses. Not a single new player can even buy a house in the "starting city". Kavala probably has more currently market priced houses than there is total properties in Athira.

Edited by 王 rando 王
n

Heres a thought, I know were casting blame which is fine and all but lets actually start finding ways to revive asylum. 

3 main points why Asylum is where its at now is because:

• 1 Some questionnable decision making about the rule changes and APD buffs without getting proper community insight.
  • 2 Polarization of the playerbase. Majority of players are long time players like myself who are financially sound and do not need to grind to have fun. The opposite are newer gen players who are not getting a fair opportunity to get their feet wet to establish themselves. There have been some changes i.e. Passive Mode and additional money making methods however they are either getting robbed or forced off of the server due to RDM/VDM etc.
  • 3 Incentive to play. Aside from the few major gangs fighting cartels and fed event spam what else is there to do on here? @Fitz has probably made the best additions in quite sometime but even now are unused because of the requirements to start the fed or the rewards (prestige tokens). 

I firmly believe if Asylum adds a secondary server that has a restarted ecnonomy with a different map (Stratis, Tanoa, Malden) you may achieve a rise in the player base. Give players the option to jump between something old and something new. Can even go as far to say that adding additional gear/vehicles on top the second server would be just as beneficial as well. 

Food for thought. 

Stretch and Djmon like this

1. Scared / too lazy (not their fault they don't get paid) to add new things, IMO this happened after house weed because of how significantly it effected the economy but its not that hard to see if things are going to be balanced or not. Also this is the simplest way to incite people to return to the server.

2. There is too much reluctance to do the simplest things like adding vehicles or removing money making methods that don't get used like LSD for new ones to attract old and new players. (on another note, there is too many things in the middle of the map which causes everyone to sit in cities which just isn't fun for anything (cop, civ fights, medic)

3. There is no vision or plan for the future

4. It became way too easy to rank up in the community/ there are too many admins. Admins that barely understand the rules or nitpick at the most simple situations for whatever reason. Things that would never have never been considered ban-able a few years ago are now ban-able (depending on the admin you talk to because they seem to have read different rule books). 

Fried Rice likes this
Guest Doomba
53 minutes ago, Ebola said:

firmly believe if Asylum adds a secondary server that has a restarted ecnonomy with a different map (Stratis, Tanoa, Malden) you may achieve a rise in the player base.

Fuck I would donate time and my left nut for a tanoa server

4 hours ago, Roice said:

While there are a lot of layers and variables to this discussion, many which have already been highlighted above so I will not waste my time repeating the detailed gripes from within. However I will offer a perspective from a completely different place based of my experience and history here. 

Simply put, the connection between the current staff as a whole and the player base is severely hurting right now. We saw a similar scenario occur during the Gnashes era where a large majority of the community felt like he was damaging the server more then helping. I would be hard pressed to find anyone that knew what was going on back then, to disagree with that statement. Although, and to his credit, as great as some of Gnashes efforts on the backend were that the community was mostly unaware of, they strongly disliked him solely because of how he carried himself and how he interacted with the player base.

Digging deeper into the issues from my perspective, having spent most of this servers life engaged in some part of this community whether as an average player, an LT, an admin, a backend dealings aficionado, and a retiree, I will say with absolute confidence that our current leadership with the Senior Admin team (Community Manager back in our day) is the worst its ever been in this communities history.

I do say that intentionally, but I also believe that its not entirely each of their faults either (Current SAs). If you look back to how the community was managed over the years, after Bamf and Gnashes left,@Clint Beastwoodtook over ownership (alongside@BaDaBiNg_10-8for a short time) and carried @Mitch (IFRIT) and @Leady over as CMs. We had a solid foundation of actual grown ups operating from the ground up coming from a good place and painstakingly trying to not repeat history that we all disliked about Gnashes (and Olio before that) and repair the server at the same time. When Mitch became owner he maintained this presence with the community, although I will say looking back toward the end of his era as server pop fizzled, I don't know if Blake was a great choice for CM (still have love for you buddy), Jayshawn had a better temperament but absolutely no one will ever compare to Leady.

Leady showed us what real leadership was like. He didn't get angry, he never acted like a child, he was almost overbearingly level headed. He did not feed into drama and create rules in and out of game to cater to and enable more of that same drama. He was a true leader that was passionate about helping our community and most of this servers players respected the hell out of him for it. Sure, a few here and there had qualms with Clint, Mitch and Leady just as any other ownership era but it was SIGNIFICANTLY less than it currently is. 

I point this out because its important to see that during those transitions, the servers quality of life and interaction with the staff team and the player base grew substantially. At the same time, the server file was cleaned up and added to greatly during Jesse's (paid) time here along with an incredible amount of help from Azeh and many others. What I'm saying is that the development that was happening then ALSO played a huge part of the success during that time.  

The admin team back then was much more respected in my opinion. Without nitpicking specific scenarios or even individuals right now, most of us will agree that that is no longer the case. Not saying everyone is horrible by any means either. 

I personally see how much of it went wrong with the progression of our staff team including who was added to it over the years but without proper leadership absolutely none of that will change. However, it must start somewhere. But how will it start if some of the issues at bay are almost all the way to the top? We revolutionized after Bamf and Gnashes, Clint & Bada bought the server and turned it into Asylum 2.0 and even though we didn't have 4-5 servers during their time or even Mitch's, the community was much healthier than it is today. And even if we remove development out of the equation entirely, the leadership was much stronger back then without a doubt. I don't know if it was because most of us were all older and had jobs, wives, kids and or other adult related responsibilities that we carried ourselves differently back then or what, but something was definitely different. 

I have a lot of love for all of our players and staff, past and present, anyone that has spent time here to be apart of this community, even though I enjoy banter I don't truly dislike anyone enough for it to impede my judgement. With that said, I think its silly to have someone that was permed for mass rdm to later not only become an admin, then a captain, but now also a Senior Admin leading our admin team and our community. If you look at the problems we are currently facing within the community and you think that lack of respected leadership isn't the most important issue, I regret to inform you, you are part of the problem. I'm not just trying to pick on people either, I just genuinely believe the lack of trusted and respected leadership is the core of the issues we are seeing and the more we ignore that and bicker about the little things, the less anything will change. 

Its a trickle down effect from there honestly as well. Favorites are played and friends of certain people are being brought up as staff without thorough evaluation and training and then we as the community are stuck with more unhealthy leadership continuing to drive everything downhill. And who do we run too about it? The same 3 people that seem to be the primary point of contention for all of this chaos? It was somewhat of a rigorous process back then to even become just staff let alone CM. It is a very large responsibility and I am sorry if this hurts your feelings, but none of the current 3 are fit for service in that role based on all that I have witnessed and experienced since being staff. They individually lacked the experience necessary to succeed to begin with so again at the same time, I don't really blame them. We have a smaller community now and the circle of potential candidates for staff are in turn smaller so I understand how that has also played a part in it. 

TLDR

Replace the current CM team and start over. They have lost a significant amount of confidence within the community and fighting to repair that at this point is unrealistic. I can think of 3 potential candidates that currently have healthy relationships with the community as a whole to be effective in that role. Although I am in favor of 2 CMs instead of 3. 

Dont @ me

Preach my nigga preach!!

Silver-Spy, Retro, Roice and 4 others like this
43 minutes ago, Stretch said:

It became way too easy to rank up in the community/ there are too many admins.

its not that its become too easy, its the problem of if you aren't apd staff or know the SA's you just wont get a chance. Its like high school all over again, there's the group of people who are too cool for everyone else and wont allow anyone in their group. There's the group that just meddles around that's toxic and fucks with everyone and then the randoms who have no clue what to do because all the vets don't want to introduce new people into their clique. I've seen staff members be straight up toxic to new players for no reason, I've heard staff members say they don't care about the community anymore, but yet here they are keeping the rank because it benefits them. I get it people get busy with life and may not have all the time in the world, but at that point give up the role to someone who does. Just because you aren't staff doesn't mean you cant still play or help the community in other ways. 

Alex., Retro, CoIt and 3 others like this
2 minutes ago, Chow Mein said:

That's factual, but doesn't explain why Oly has 100+ everyday 

probably better dev/staff team. as bad as i hate to say this i have played thousands of hours on both servers. Asylum has always had a shitty staff team, if its not some old men that never think they are wrong its frail children that got bullied their whole lives and now that they have a little power they are abusing it.

Fuck rogue but honestly he is probably the best owner asylum has had, unfortunately he was handed a dead horse.

4 hours ago, Roice said:

While there are a lot of layers and variables to this discussion, many which have already been highlighted above so I will not waste my time repeating the detailed gripes from within. However I will offer a perspective from a completely different place based of my experience and history here. 

Simply put, the connection between the current staff as a whole and the player base is severely hurting right now. We saw a similar scenario occur during the Gnashes era where a large majority of the community felt like he was damaging the server more then helping. I would be hard pressed to find anyone that knew what was going on back then, to disagree with that statement. Although, and to his credit, as great as some of Gnashes efforts on the backend were that the community was mostly unaware of, they strongly disliked him solely because of how he carried himself and how he interacted with the player base.

Digging deeper into the issues from my perspective, having spent most of this servers life engaged in some part of this community whether as an average player, an LT, an admin, a backend dealings aficionado, and a retiree, I will say with absolute confidence that our current leadership with the Senior Admin team (Community Manager back in our day) is the worst its ever been in this communities history.

I do say that intentionally, but I also believe that its not entirely each of their faults either (Current SAs). If you look back to how the community was managed over the years, after Bamf and Gnashes left,@Clint Beastwoodtook over ownership (alongside@BaDaBiNg_10-8for a short time) and carried @Mitch (IFRIT) and @Leady over as CMs. We had a solid foundation of actual grown ups operating from the ground up coming from a good place and painstakingly trying to not repeat history that we all disliked about Gnashes (and Olio before that) and repair the server at the same time. When Mitch became owner he maintained this presence with the community, although I will say looking back toward the end of his era as server pop fizzled, I don't know if Blake was a great choice for CM (still have love for you buddy), Jayshawn had a better temperament but absolutely no one will ever compare to Leady.

Leady showed us what real leadership was like. He didn't get angry, he never acted like a child, he was almost overbearingly level headed. He did not feed into drama and create rules in and out of game to cater to and enable more of that same drama. He was a true leader that was passionate about helping our community and most of this servers players respected the hell out of him for it. Sure, a few here and there had qualms with Clint, Mitch and Leady just as any other ownership era but it was SIGNIFICANTLY less than it currently is. 

I point this out because its important to see that during those transitions, the servers quality of life and interaction with the staff team and the player base grew substantially. At the same time, the server file was cleaned up and added to greatly during Jesse's (paid) time here along with an incredible amount of help from Azeh and many others. What I'm saying is that the development that was happening then ALSO played a huge part of the success during that time.  

The admin team back then was much more respected in my opinion. Without nitpicking specific scenarios or even individuals right now, most of us will agree that that is no longer the case. Not saying everyone is horrible by any means either. 

I personally see how much of it went wrong with the progression of our staff team including who was added to it over the years but without proper leadership absolutely none of that will change. However, it must start somewhere. But how will it start if some of the issues at bay are almost all the way to the top? We revolutionized after Bamf and Gnashes, Clint & Bada bought the server and turned it into Asylum 2.0 and even though we didn't have 4-5 servers during their time or even Mitch's, the community was much healthier than it is today. And even if we remove development out of the equation entirely, the leadership was much stronger back then without a doubt. I don't know if it was because most of us were all older and had jobs, wives, kids and or other adult related responsibilities that we carried ourselves differently back then or what, but something was definitely different. 

I have a lot of love for all of our players and staff, past and present, anyone that has spent time here to be apart of this community, even though I enjoy banter I don't truly dislike anyone enough for it to impede my judgement. With that said, I think its silly to have someone that was permed for mass rdm to later not only become an admin, then a captain, but now also a Senior Admin leading our admin team and our community. If you look at the problems we are currently facing within the community and you think that lack of respected leadership isn't the most important issue, I regret to inform you, you are part of the problem. I'm not just trying to pick on people either, I just genuinely believe the lack of trusted and respected leadership is the core of the issues we are seeing and the more we ignore that and bicker about the little things, the less anything will change. 

Its a trickle down effect from there honestly as well. Favorites are played and friends of certain people are being brought up as staff without thorough evaluation and training and then we as the community are stuck with more unhealthy leadership continuing to drive everything downhill. And who do we run too about it? The same 3 people that seem to be the primary point of contention for all of this chaos? It was somewhat of a rigorous process back then to even become just staff let alone CM. It is a very large responsibility and I am sorry if this hurts your feelings, but none of the current 3 are fit for service in that role based on all that I have witnessed and experienced since being staff. They individually lacked the experience necessary to succeed to begin with so again at the same time, I don't really blame them. We have a smaller community now and the circle of potential candidates for staff are in turn smaller so I understand how that has also played a part in it. 

TLDR

Replace the current CM team and start over. They have lost a significant amount of confidence within the community and fighting to repair that at this point is unrealistic. I can think of 3 potential candidates that currently have healthy relationships with the community as a whole to be effective in that role. Although I am in favor of 2 CMs instead of 3. 

Dont @ me

+1

The fact that cops drive 7 iFrits into an active cartel fight and the downing script is still a one shot down pretty much would make pretty much anyone willing to quit this shit.

I haven’t played the server for 5 years but it’s in better shape development wise overall. The APD pisses me off the most it’s more broken then I’ve ever witnessed in 10 years of playing Asylum….smh

Edited by kryptonthegamer
Patato and DipSchmidt like this

all boils down to there being no skin in the game, Rogue gave the CM's the responsibility of running the server but these CM's don't have as much of an incentive to keep the server alive as someone who milked us 24/7 like you @Mitch (IFRIT). But hey, at least it was kinda alive and a lot more fun when you were here. 

Lol you guys are crazy its so simple what happened to your server

You slowly transitioned from fun light RP to straight cops vs robbers and you wonder why nobody wants to play

Cops just log on and run from fed to fed while if you get 1 or 2 new civs a day they get slammed in a city with no one around to help them and leave and never come back

People want to have fun and light RP and you removed that so nobody wants to play

simple

no changes or additions are going to fix that, the server culture is the only way to fix it; and unfortunately it is way too far gone

sad to see this server go but you guys had a great run  

Kernikov likes this
11 hours ago, Zurph said:

Fuck rogue but honestly he is probably the best owner asylum has had, unfortunately he was handed a dead horse.

Do you say "Fuck rogue" now because you didn't get your "event menu" you wanted and then they gave it to the event coordinators right after you left? Or am I missing something? Or was that King? Can’t remember. 

Ruffian, Alex., Silver-Spy and 1 other like this
16 hours ago, Roice said:

TLDR

Dont @ me

leady was always stalking me when I was dealin with my hard wood kinda weird tbh

https://streamable.com/sxaumv

Roice likes this
1 hour ago, Big fart said:

Eta on crimson scripting association ban???

Who was banned for scripting?

8 hours ago, RonnyB said:

Lol you guys are crazy its so simple what happened to your server

You slowly transitioned from fun light RP to straight cops vs robbers and you wonder why nobody wants to play

Cops just log on and run from fed to fed while if you get 1 or 2 new civs a day they get slammed in a city with no one around to help them and leave and never come back

People want to have fun and light RP and you removed that so nobody wants to play

simple

no changes or additions are going to fix that, the server culture is the only way to fix it; and unfortunately it is way too far gone

sad to see this server go but you guys had a great run  

This is probably the best post on here on why the server is dead. The players who don’t need money and don’t want to grind money only want to fight but it’s rare that there is a gang on that is willing to fight caps so they choose to go fight cops because it’s the only fight they can get. Nothing you can really do to revive it. The community is too toxic and not willing to accept new players (me included) and when a new player does try and start playing they get slammed when trying to fight leaving them only the ability to grind money for a pointless reason. The server has basically become an advanced cookie clicker for new players and cops vs robbers for players that want fights. The issue with that being the cops are forced to fight even when they don’t want to

15 minutes ago, Kernikov said:

Getting bullied and hazed into reverting policy is a really poor example for "server leadership".

Can you stay in retirement and stop suggesting the most dogshit additions I’ve ever heard. boomer

The issues with asylum have nothing to do with the everyday players of the server. It all boils down to the current admin team+. Its been a bunch of crybaby losers that just take what little power they have finally gotten in life and turn the other cheek when their gang member is in the wrong or they ban everyone else for the smallest thing. 

Admins should not be allowed to be in any gang but one composed of only admins. The bias that comes with sucking bananas off is too great.

Edited by Donk
王 rando 王, GravL and DipSchmidt like this

Honestly, those who have been dealing with me over the past few years should know that I've preached a pretty consistent message.

• This is a light RP server, not a wasteland server.
  • Relevant communication
  • A push away from favoritism to involve more of the community

It honestly feels like the longer I've been a part of this community, and as someone who's assisting in leading the APD, it feels like those three points feel further away than they did when I first got here. I've been an active Captain for 1.5 years and an active player for 4-5 years and personally speaking, some of the decisions that I've seen been pushed through I do not agree with and have made it very clear that it would do more harm than good. I'm not perfect by any means, but I do try and strive to strike a good balance between ensuring the APD is not a punching bag for the server and making sure the APD isn't too overpowered on a normal day-by-day basis.

First - There is no more incentive for people to grind on S1 since the creation of Dom. Many of the cartel gangs that would hold cartels, do payouts, etc now just play dom to get their money and harass cops. "Why fight for a cartel when I can just sit on dom for 2 hours and make 500k-1.2m" ~A quote from a member of a large gang. With that type of money coming in, people don't worry about the passive cartel money anymore, or even go to feds to make money but just to kill cops. The second there are 4 or more cops, we get turned into a QRF that has to sit here and respond every 20 minutes to some new event. This, in turn, has made a lot of cops frustrated as a whole due to events now becoming the main part of the APD and not the roleplay, thus most of us go straight lethals now to finish the event quickly to go back out and patrol for what little time we do have. 

I've personally suggested a much longer cooldown in between federal events but instead had a "security measures" feature implemented to raise the cops required per successful federal event. (Which has done nothing.) We currently have 10 federal events (With 3 being added in the last 3 months.) While the variety is nice we want to get out, patrol, etc and not be strung along from fed event to fed event. Part of this is the reason why I've calmed down on my playtime myself, I used to play 50-80 hours but now I can barely push to 20 a month because between 12 pm-10 pm it's just non-stop federal events from a gang. Personally speaking, my longest play sessions have been the nights that there is the least amount of events going on.

We're told that we have to be punching bags, and have been for god knows how long now as Civ v Civ life has died down. Due to that we've had to implement policy/benefits to allow the APD leadership to try and push things more in the cop favor to keep our cops playing longer, as it's been stated time after time again. "Increased cop playtime = Increased civ count." A lot of these benefits that you've seen us use, I barely have even used them myself other than a handful of times. The Marshall is a joke, the ghost hawk that I've gotten to use once and it was pretty mid, "being able to break the GB whenever" I think I've done 3-to 4 times to send people to jail because their language was getting out of hand and once on an entire gang because they were spamming events as a group of 8-10 vs 3-4 cops.

Second - In terms of communication, it's sporadic, to say the least. As of recently with the last two patches that have come out, the two "regular" captains get cliff-notes of what is going to happen and are expected to write a policy without even understanding the full scale of an event or update. The last update was a 12-17 hour heads up, (Given at 8 pm est and the update went live around 4 pm.) 

When there has been discussions around potential balances etc, and I've asked for information about it I'm told. "Sorry you're not an admin so I can't share that information with you" and expected to decide on not having all of the facts which sometimes leads me to the wrong answer without knowing.

Lastly - when it comes to favoritism it feels like it happens more and more with zero attempt to stop it.

• When discussing the APD leadership team, and certain gangs holding 50% or more of the staff positions, I've been told "It's natural and should be expected." When I attempt to regulate by blocking those who may not be good candidates but were voted in by their friends, I'm either outvoted or the rest of the staff team goes in an uproar over it.
  • I've been told that "I am not allowed to talk about x staff member because you did something similar." But when a similar situation came up for a different staff member, I was allowed to openly discuss. I was primarily blocked on the first conversation because that original staff member was a friend of the Captain.
  • We've allowed an APD staff member to hold a "retired" status 2 months early, Doing only 4 out of 6 active months because of his affiliation with the captains/admin team. 

And honestly, I'll go out and say it. Both myself and Djmon had actively mentioned/fought for @DarkKnight to be the current chief of police, but it instead was given to Austin M because of his affiliation with HunterB and told "We believe he's deserving of this position over DK" (The guy who is highly regarded as one of the true captains for the APD that has respect from a large group of the player base.) Ever since then, the communication between Captains and SA's have fallen dramatically. Instead of a "Hey let's open a discussion and talk about XYZ." Now it's "Hey I already talked to the SAs and agreed upon this going forward." Meaning that if I were to contribute or have a conflicting opinion, it instantly become a 4v1 or 4v2 as they all had aligned themselves prior.

I do love this community, and the people that I've met and interacted with but as someone in active leadership, there's a lot of frustration that I deal with because of the shadow games that are played between friends and some of it has made me lose respect for my peers/"bosses" and to a point has started to make me less involved with the community as I've seen my opinion not be valued anymore now that the friend group up top has the majority. I've tried my best and I'm not perfect by any means but some of these issues could have been avoided by choosing who was right for the role instead of who we wanted.

Stretch, JimJim, Donald and 14 others like this
17 minutes ago, Jr4life24 said:

Honestly, those who have been dealing with me over the past few years should know that I've preached a pretty consistent message.

• Relevant communication

It honestly feels like the longer I've been a part of this community, and as someone who's assisting in leading the APD, it feels like those three points feel further away than they did when I first got here. I've been an active Captain for 1.5 years and an active player for 4-5 years and personally speaking, some of the decisions that I've seen been pushed through I do not agree with and have made it very clear that it would do more harm than good. I'm not perfect by any means, but I do try and strive to strike a good balance between ensuring the APD is not a punching bag for the server and making sure the APD isn't too overpowered on a normal day-by-day basis.

First - There is no more incentive for people to grind on S1 since the creation of Dom. Many of the cartel gangs that would hold cartels, do payouts, etc now just play dom to get their money and harass cops. "Why fight for a cartel when I can just sit on dom for 2 hours and make 500k-1.2m" ~A quote from a member of a large gang. With that type of money coming in, people don't worry about the passive cartel money anymore, or even go to feds to make money but just to kill cops. The second there are 4 or more cops, we get turned into a QRF force that has to sit here and respond every 20 minutes to some new event. This, in turn, has made a lot of cops frustrated as a whole due to events now becoming the main part of the APD and not the roleplay, thus most of us go straight lethals now to finish the event quickly to go back out and patrol for what little time we do have. 

I've personally suggested a much longer cooldown in between federal events but instead had a "security measures" feature implemented to raise the cops required per successful federal event. (Which has done nothing.) We currently have 10 federal events (With 3 being added in the last 3 months.) While the variety is nice we want to get out, patrol, etc and not be strung along from fed event to fed event. Part of this is the reason why I've calmed down on my playtime myself, I used to play 50-80 hours but now I can barely push to 20 a month because between 12 pm-10 pm it's just non-stop federal events from a gang. Personally speaking, my longest play sessions have been the nights that there is the least amount of events going on.

We're told that we have to be punching bags, and have been for god knows how long now as Civ v Civ life has died down. Due to that we've had to implement policy/benefits to allow the APD leadership to try and push things more in the cop favor to keep our cops playing longer, as it's been stated time after time again. "Increased cop playtime = Increased civ count." A lot of these benefits that you've seen us use, I barely have even used them myself other than a handful of times. The Marshall is a joke, the ghost hawk that I've gotten to use once and it was pretty mid, "being able to break the GB whenever" I think I've done 3-to 4 times to send people to jail because their language was getting out of hand and once on an entire gang because they were spamming events as a group of 8-10 vs 3-4 cops.

Second - In terms of communication, it's sporadic, to say the least. As of recently with the last two patches that have come out, the two "regular" captains get cliff-notes of what is going to happen and are expected to write a policy without even understanding the full scale of an event or update. The last update was a 12-17 hour heads up, (Given at 8 pm est and the update went live around 4 pm.) 

When there has been discussions around potential balances etc, and I've asked for information about it I'm told. "Sorry you're not an admin so I can't share that information with you" and expected to decide on not having all of the facts which sometimes leads me to the wrong answer without knowing.

Lastly - when it comes to favoritism it feels like it happens more and more with zero attempt to stop it.

• When discussing the APD leadership team, and certain gangs holding 50% or more of the staff positions, I've been told "It's natural and should be expected." When I attempt to regulate by blocking those who may not be good candidates but were voted in by their friends, I'm either outvoted or the rest of the staff team goes in an uproar over it.
  • I've been told that "I am not allowed to talk about x staff member because you did something similar." But when a similar situation came up for a different staff member, I was allowed to openly discuss. I was primarily blocked on the first conversation because that original staff member was a friend of the Captain.
  • We've allowed an APD staff member to hold a "retired" status 2 months early, Doing only 4 out of 6 active months because of his affiliation with the captains/admin team. 

And honestly, I'll go out and say it. Both myself and Djmon had actively mentioned/fought for @DarkKnight to be the current chief of police, but it instead was given to Austin M because of his affiliation with HunterB and told "We believe he's deserving of this position over DK" (The guy who is highly regarded as one of the true captains for the APD that has respect from a large group of the player base.) Ever since then, the communication between Captains and SA's have fallen dramatically. Instead of a "Hey let's open a discussion and talk about XYZ." Now it's "Hey I already talked to the SAs and agreed upon this going forward." Meaning that if I were to contribute or have a conflicting opinion, it instantly become a 4v1 or 4v2 as they all had aligned themselves prior.

I do love this community, and the people that I've met and interacted with but as someone in active leadership, there's a lot of frustration that I deal with because of the shadow games that are played between friends and some of it has made me lose respect for my peers/"bosses" and to a point has started to make me less involved with the community as I've seen my opinion not be valued anymore now that the friend group up top has the majority. I've tried my best and I'm not perfect by any means but some of these issues could have been avoided by choosing who was right for the role instead of who we wanted.

It really shows that not only do us civs see the bias of the APD higher ups from the third point of view, but to also have someone to be almost as high as you can go in the APD and also feel the same way speaks volumes on the issue. Sorry to hear internally its also been a cluster fuck.

Jr4life24, JimJim and Louie like this
On 2/26/2024 at 4:31 PM, Roice said:

TLDR

Dont @ me

I miss you buddy, based on this I'd love to see you as a community manager.

1 hour ago, Jr4life24 said:

• Relevant communication

First - There is no more incentive for people to grind on S1 since the creation of Dom. Many of the cartel gangs that would hold cartels, do payouts, etc now just play dom to get their money and harass cops. "Why fight for a cartel when I can just sit on dom for 2 hours and make 500k-1.2m" ~A quote from a member of a large gang. With that type of money coming in, people don't worry about the passive cartel money anymore, or even go to feds to make money but just to kill cops. The second there are 4 or more cops, we get turned into a QRF that has to sit here and respond every 20 minutes to some new event. This, in turn, has made a lot of cops frustrated as a whole due to events now becoming the main part of the APD and not the roleplay, thus most of us go straight lethals now to finish the event quickly to go back out and patrol for what little time we do have. 

For clarity, you don’t make profit on domination anymore since it was nerfed to shit months ago. 1st place gets maybe 100-200k profit if ur lucky….most times you lose money. Everyone else within the standings rarely makes profit. In reality, you put the same amount into dom as you get out. Regardless half the people playing domination don’t even play the main server so it shouldn’t be effecting S1 anyways. Also I’m very curious which gang is making 500k-1.2m, sounds like a wild exaggeration to me…LMAO? If anything domination is a money sink.

I will agree that the concept of Domination/ Conquest has killed Cartels on all servers. I can’t even tell you the last time a group has asked us for fights. We’re always open to logging on, anytime we do the gangs (Crimson, Hyper, Zenith, etc) refuse to even come to Warzone or are just one and done. Cartel Culture is simply no longer the same, and is a dead play-style unfortunately.

Edited by Walt
Batcan, finessor26, Ruffian and 1 other like this
18 minutes ago, Walt said:

For clarity, you don’t make profit on domination anymore since it was nerfed to shit months ago. 1st place gets maybe 100-200k profit if ur lucky….most times you lose money. Everyone else within the standings rarely makes profit. In reality, you put the same amount into dom as you get out. Regardless half the people playing domination don’t even play the main server so it shouldn’t be effecting it anyways. Also I’m very curious which gang is making 500k-1.2m, sounds like a wild exaggeration to me…LMAO? If anything domination is a money sink.

I will agree that the concept of Domination/ Conquest has killed Cartels on all servers.

This was a comment made roughly 6 months to 1 year ago? I don’t keep up with Dom all that often other than I know it was a huge huge money printer for most gangs.

Walt likes this
3 minutes ago, Jr4life24 said:

This was a comment made roughly 6 months to 1 year ago? I don’t keep up with Dom all that often other than I know it was a huge huge money printer for most gangs.

Yea, it used to be a major money print before they nerfed it months ago. Its economic effect has been balanced, so it’s not a big deal now.

Edited by Walt
12 hours ago, Louie said:

Do you say "Fuck rogue" now because you didn't get your "event menu" you wanted and then they gave it to the event coordinators right after you left? Or am I missing something? Or was that King? Can’t remember. 

not me, i left because the game has to many cheaters 

Walt and DipSchmidt like this
2 minutes ago, Zurph said:

not me, i left because the game has to many cheaters 

^Exactly, Cheating culture is also a big reason, why past and present players refuse to now play. On top of the game being so old.

Continuous cycle over the past several years. As soon as one group gets banned there’s another group cheating weeks after, just the way the game is.

-Players cheat because they’re tired of being spun on by current cheaters.

-Old players come back after realizing there shit, and don’t have time to get better.

-Ego.

-Lastly, players that chose to quit the game, but would rather go out cheating then just putting down the sticks.

Edited by Walt
Zurph, Ken, Fried Rice and 1 other like this

General opinion on how to retain player base. From all my years within several communities, the #1 reason why players comeback is to relive old memories with past and present friends. The mission is simple, make the server as user friendly as you can to allow players to relive these memories no matter which play-style they prefer. While attempting to build this idea, it’s important to also maintain balance within the current active community keeping all rules and features simple/ easy to understand.

Edited by Walt